Who else keeps thinking thoughts as if you're together?

As my day goes on, I often catch myself thinking things out of habit, as if we're still together. Like, I'll sit down to watch a movie and as I'm choosing one I'll think, "I should save this one to watch together, because she'd probably like it".

I can't think of any other good examples right now, but I know I've had a few thoughts like this yesterday. Of course a moment later I realise that my logic is flawed.

Anyone else experience this?

It's quite common. But you should follow up that logic with "... hey, no! I can watch it now, oh yeah get the popcorn on!"

• Like 1
  • Author
I held off watching Stranger Things 2 thinking we’d watch it together.. nope :)

Funny you should pick that example. I watched the first two episodes of season 1 a couple of weeks ago, when she'd left. Then we reconciled for a few days, and I rewatched them with her so that we could finish the season (which we did). Now I can't bring myself to watch season 2! Not because I think I'm saving it, but because it's too strongly associated with her / us now. I guess I'll watch it in a few months.

Nothingtolose
Funny you should pick that example. I watched the first two episodes of season 1 a couple of weeks ago, when she'd left. Then we reconciled for a few days, and I rewatched them with her so that we could finish the season (which we did). Now I can't bring myself to watch season 2! Not because I think I'm saving it, but because it's too strongly associated with her / us now. I guess I'll watch it in a few months.

Totally - I also watched season 1 with my ex and now putting off watching season 2 because it's associated with him/us - yet he has wasted no time and has already watched it as he mentioned to me last time we spoke.

• Like 1

Something funny happens, I think, I'll tell him.

I go somewhere nice, think, I'll take him.

I read something new, think, he'll like this.

I hate it! I want this stage to end. It's torment.

• Like 4
toomanyquestions123

Yeah, happened a while ago. We both like cyanide and happiness and i was checking the comics and there was this one that cracked me up and i wanted to share it with him, then reality kicked in...

• Like 1

There is something I wanted to tell you

It's so funny you'll kill yourself laughing

But then I, I look around

And I remember that I am alone

Alone

For evermore

• Like 1