Ex girlfriend called. Confused

Hello, my ex girlfriend dumped me like 10 days ago. I was doing the no contact but made a mistake asking her out for a coffee on Monday. She responded with: "no thanks, i'd rather see someone else". I got a little bit mad by that answer so i just instantly blocked her on facebook and replied with: "give me a call if you change your mind". So.. 2 days later on Wednesday she called me and said: "you told me to call you if i change my mind" and 30 seconds into the call she said: "i'm just kidding, just wanted to irritate you, i actually haven't changed my mind. How are you doing?".. I just said that i'm fine then she wished me good night. When i picked up the phone i told her that i'm currently a bit busy and in a rush so can't really talk much (didn't wanna seem needy or desperate). I tried calling her myself the same night 2 hours after our call but she didn't answer. Also tried calling yesterday evening - she also didn't answer.. I will be doing the no contact from now on even though i still love her a lot..

Why did you think she called me? Just trying to get her ego fed, playing with me or what? I'm really confused..

Thank you

• Author
How old is she, if you don't mind me asking?

She's 20.. I know she sounds quite immature. I dunno why she's behaving like that. No idea if she still cares about me and started regreting her decision or just playing silly games..

Hello, my ex girlfriend dumped me like 10 days ago. I was doing the no contact but made a mistake asking her out for a coffee on Monday. She responded with: "no thanks, i'd rather see someone else". I got a little bit mad by that answer so i just instantly blocked her on facebook and replied with: "give me a call if you change your mind". So.. 2 days later on Wednesday she called me and said: "you told me to call you if i change my mind" and 30 seconds into the call she said: "i'm just kidding, just wanted to irritate you, i actually haven't changed my mind. How are you doing?".. I just said that i'm fine then she wished me good night. When i picked up the phone i told her that i'm currently a bit busy and in a rush so can't really talk much (didn't wanna seem needy or desperate). I tried calling her myself the same night 2 hours after our call but she didn't answer. Also tried calling yesterday evening - she also didn't answer.. I will be doing the no contact from now on even though i still love her a lot..

Why did you think she called me? Just trying to get her ego fed, playing with me or what? I'm really confused..

Thank you

You really sound clingy and desperate. I really believe she is toying with you. It sounds to me that she dumped you for reasons that she is unwilling to dismiss. Your NO-Contact is NOT 'no-contact' at all. You keep your communication completely open and, in fact, it is clear that you are not committed to NC. Ugh.

You need to keep NC if and until SHE contacts YOU. Otherwise, move on.

• Author
You really sound clingy and desperate. I really believe she is toying with you. It sounds to me that she dumped you for reasons that she is unwilling to dismiss. Your NO-Contact is NOT 'no-contact' at all. You keep your communication completely open and, in fact, it is clear that you are not committed to NC. Ugh.

You need to keep NC if and until SHE contacts YOU. Otherwise, move on.

Allright, i will be doing the no contact from now on until she calls me herself.

Allright, i will be doing the no contact from now on until she calls me herself.

She has completely mugged you off and you’re still going to sit there and wait around for her? Block her and move on with your life. Someone out there deserves your time more than she does.

• Like 1

Thank you

Yes OP, she's playing games. Sounds to me that the break up is hard for her so she's contacting you and trying to ween herself off of you gradually. At the same time, she gets her ego stroked everytime you respond. You are helping her move on from you. Don't help her because she's not helping you.

There was nothing genuine about what she did. Genuine would have been calling you and treating you like a human being instead of like crap. Right now, she has no interest to be with you and if I were you, I wouldn't want to get back together with her either because it sounds like she needs several years to grow up first. It's very important you understand that so you can save yourself wasted time, energy and heartache.

Block her off of social media, block her number, and block her email. If it's too hard to do that initially, atleast block her off of social media so you don't have to see her updates or anything that might mess with your head. I expect that she's going to attempt to screw with you some more over the next few weeks. Do not respond to her. Let the silence do the talking. She wil eventually stop. Your goal now is to get over everything that happened, try to heal and move forward.

Goodluck

Edited by Beachead
  • Like 1

You received excellent advice about this situation which you chose to ignore in your other threads here:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/642099-girlfriend-just-broke-up-me

and here:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/642494-ex-gf-messaged-me-3-days-after-break-up

Simply starting a new thread does nothing to change the reality that she has zero respect for you. Your behavior is actually solidifying her resolve to never, ever give you another chance. It's repulsive to her.

• Like 1
Wednesday she called me and said: "you told me to call you if i change my mind" and 30 seconds into the call she said: "i'm just kidding, just wanted to irritate you, i actually haven't changed my mind. How are you doing?"..

At this point you either hang up, or call her out on her behaviour then hang up.

Based on this and the other thread, this girl has ZERO respect for you. She's just teasing you. Perhaps she wants to keep you around as some sort of backup, or perhaps she's just torturing you for her own amusement. Either way she won't respect you unless you respect yourself.

You received excellent advice about this situation which you chose to ignore in your other threads here:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/642099-girlfriend-just-broke-up-me

and here:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/breaks-breaking-up/642494-ex-gf-messaged-me-3-days-after-break-up

Simply starting a new thread does nothing to change the reality that she has zero respect for you. Your behavior is actually solidifying her resolve to never, ever give you another chance. It's repulsive to her.

What highndry said. Many people including myself gave you advice and you just ignored everyone and started a new thread hoping to hear what you want. You aren't listening to anything anyone is saying. I don't get it.

Driedourlettuce

She’s helping you out.

I’d not lose a minute of sleep over a girl like that.

Absolutely not worth it.

Move on and forget you wasted your time with her.

OP, You're teaching people how to treat you by the way you treat yourself. if you let people walk all over you, they will. Even the kindest, nicest, closest people to you will be tempted. I have learned the hard way. You have to be willing to walk away. Willing to say no. Willing to stand up for yourself because nobody else will.

By sticking around and letting this selfish little girl use and abuse you, you have taught her that she doesn't need to respect you to have you. If she doesn't respect you, she certainly won't be in a relationship with you.

Walk away. That's what you do. You drop her and move on and she'll respect you in the long-run for it.