Ex didn't wish me a Happy Birthday - should I just unfollow her on social media?

My birthday was Friday and I was really surprised she didn't reach out. I'm glad I'm at the point where it didn't bring me down - I had an amazing 21st birthday but it would've been nice to hear from her.

We've been broken up for almost three months now (not sure if that's still fresh) but we haven't spoken once since the breakup.

It wasn't a bad breakup either which confuses me more. I really wanted to wish her well, even if i'm not there to see it.

At this point i'm contemplating unfollowing her. She's made it clear to me that we won't ever be in each other's lives so why keep tabs?

It's just weird because my other exes (where the breakup was A LOT worse) reached out! I'm just confused so I just don't know.

I would unfollow but not unfriend if its facebook that you're talking about. She could just be giving it some time for old feelings to go away before reaching out, and that way you're not reminded of her but could end up being on friendly terms in the future

• Like 1
  • Author

I've already unfollowed her on facebook but I mean't Instagram.

She still likes my stuff & I occasionally like hers but I doubt it means anything.

You are no longer together. Why would she? If she is healthy the best way for her to move on is not to continue to pretend like your her friend. As for the other exes, well, their reaching out is hardly a sign of them being in the right place. It bothers you because you want her back or you have an ego and disappointed that she isn't giving you the attention you clearly seek and you seem to think you deserve?

Wait! You unfollowed HER b/c she didn't wish her ex happy birthday???! Did you ever think that she may be one of the smarter exes looking to move on and not be part of your ego-laden harem of exes??? Lol.

You are doing her a favor and I hope she is smart enough to know that your ego need no more stroking.

Let me guess...you broke it off with her. :rolleyes:

You are broken up and there is no reason to expect a happy birthday wish from her.

If she wished you a happy birthday, it might have delivered a mixed message to you, like she is still interested in you, which she is not.

I don't know why you're still following her on social media. Unsubscribe.

I never got birthday wishes from exes...exes are exes, end, done, finished. You can't expect this woman to hit your list of expectations, and why you want your ex coming after you with a "happy birthday" is beyond me, unless you're secretly pining over getting back together, which is why you never dropped her off of your social media.

Let it go. She doesn't want you. I know how bad this hurts. Concentrate on yourself and meeting someone worthy of you.

I never got birthday wishes from exes...exes are exes, end, done, finished. You can't expect this woman to hit your list of expectations, and why you want your ex coming after you with a "happy birthday" is beyond me, unless you're secretly pining over getting back together, which is why you never dropped her off of your social media.

Pretty obvious the OP is going through this. If it can be helped (e.g., unless there are children involved) there is no reason to stay in contact with an ex.

• Author

Just to clear the air, she broke up with me.

It wasn't a smooth transition either. We took a break for the summer, still kept in contact, she ended up casually dating someone else, still spoke to me, "was confused", went to a concert we had planned on going to for a while & on the day of the concert she told me that she's going to be serious with the other person as in, be in an official relationship. So this has nothing to do with egos.

I just "expect" something since I my other exes are nice enough to wish me well on the holidays and my birthday. I'm no *******, I don't treat them poorly, we just weren't compatible & I thought for my last ex, she'd be nice enough to do the same thing.

I can't say that I'd want to be friends in the future, since for this girl, I did love her. And the love I had for her was something I never had for anyone else at this point in my life. I just wanted to wish her well without being the one to break NC.

Just to clear the air, she broke up with me.

It wasn't a smooth transition either. We took a break for the summer, still kept in contact, she ended up casually dating someone else, still spoke to me, "was confused", went to a concert we had planned on going to for a while & on the day of the concert she told me that she's going to be serious with the other person as in, be in an official relationship. So this has nothing to do with egos.

I just "expect" something since I my other exes are nice enough to wish me well on the holidays and my birthday. I'm no *******, I don't treat them poorly, we just weren't compatible & I thought for my last ex, she'd be nice enough to do the same thing.

I can't say that I'd want to be friends in the future, since for this girl, I did love her. And the love I had for her was something I never had for anyone else at this point in my life. I just wanted to wish her well without being the one to break NC.

My friend we men go through the same thing. Love hurts when they do what she did. You will get over her, but not right away it takes time. When you do you'll find someone else to love. She made her choice and your not it anymore. She'll like your stuff and that's it. You best block her like you did. So you can move on and stop worry what she been up too. She didn't say happy BD to you because she's with someone else. Sure the other ex cared for you so they wish you that HBD Goes to show you who was really nicer to you and who cared too say that to you. Those that don't well you understand now right. Move on NC that's it!