Guy I briefly dated then dumped blocked me all of a sudden

foreverdancer

I had a short term (but intense) dating relationship earlier this year. He was starting to fade out and I asked him about it and said he just had a lot on his plate and he was still feeling directionless (he’s almost 30 and I’m 21). He also said he wasn’t ready for a relationship yet because of past experiences. I was smart enough to break things off immediately and go NC.

I got over him pretty quickly and got busy with my own life. Now 5 months later, I find out he blocked me all of a sudden which is weird because what could I have possibly done to make him block me? Not existing in each other’s lives seemed to be going well.

I’m just bothered because blocking implies some kind of hatred, and I didn’t do anything to warrant such a negative reaction 5 months later. What’s up?

Edited by foreverdancer

I understand how you feel because I see blocking as a hatred thing too!

To throw an idea out there, maybe he got a new gf who demanded he block all his exes(stupidly enough, one of my exes had to do this and told me after..*eye roll*)

But honestly who knows, and you may never know! Best to push it from your mind and not worry about it.

If you were really no contact, then you wouldn't know he blocked you.

I'd actually say you need to block as part of no contact.

• Author
foreverdancer
I understand how you feel because I see blocking as a hatred thing too!

To throw an idea out there, maybe he got a new gf who demanded he block all his exes(stupidly enough, one of my exes had to do this and told me after..*eye roll*)

But honestly who knows, and you may never know! Best to push it from your mind and not worry about it.

Possible. Oh well. It’s just... ugh.

How do you know that he blocked you?

If you were really no contact, then you wouldn't know he blocked you.

I'd actually say you need to block as part of no contact.

Because his name didn’t appear clickable in his comments on my profile pics. I just happened to notice because I was gonna save them. And my friend could see he was online on his phone. It doesn’t take rocket science to know you’ve been blocked in this day and age, really.

• Like 1

Maybe is was self preservation..meaning he couldn't stop looking at your profile and pics or he was tired of seeing your pics in his newsfeed and he knew if he unfollowed you he would still look... so he blocked you.

It isn't always hatred...

• Like 2

Blocking does not imply hatred at all. Ive blocked people before just because I didn't consider them friends enough to have on a personal Facebook page. Im just wondering why you care?

• Like 1
  • Author
foreverdancer
Blocking does not imply hatred at all. Ive blocked people before just because I didn't consider them friends enough to have on a personal Facebook page. Im just wondering why you care?

Oh please. He’s friends with what, 3,000+ people? FB isn’t personal for him at all. I just don’t want him to hate me enough to block me - which means he might be telling his friends all kinds of bad stuff about me which will ruin my reputation. Word travels fast here.

Oh please. He’s friends with what, 3,000+ people? FB isn’t personal for him at all. I just don’t want him to hate me enough to block me - which means he might be telling his friends all kinds of bad stuff about me which will ruin my reputation. Word travels fast here.

Yeah I think you need to get over yourself.

• Like 3

Hahaha he blocked believe me he forgot you ! Maybe he’s married and the wife found out ? Who knows but rest assured he is doing something else

• Like 1

Again, blocking doesn't imply hatred.

If there wasn't any "bad stuff" about you that came out during your relationship, then you have no cause for worry.

Dancer, I agree with the others who state that blocking isn't hatred at all. I have blocked good friends who have been obsessive about products they sell or biased opinions that they want to hammer down other's throats. They're still good friends but i chose to not clutter my FB page with advertisements or political diatrabs.

That being said, it appears as though you truly haven't moved on because if you had, you wouldn't care if he blocked you or not. BTW, going NC in my opinion could be viewed just as much as hatred as anything else in a passive agressive manner. Just saying.

I'd not give it one more second of concern if you've truly moved on....otherwise, why not call him as ask him why?

One additional thought, with you taking the initial action of going NC, his response was IMO justified in blocking you so as not to be faced with ongoing details of someone who he may have cared about but made a very conscious decision to exit his life via NC.

Edited by kgcolonel
Additional thought
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry to much as its just social media. Some people block or remove people for all sorts of reasons. I hear one the main reasons is you don't interact with them and since you went into NC. He probably thought he hadn't heard you from a while so removed you.

Same happened to me. I dated a girl briefly. We ended things on friendly terms. I reached out to hear after a couple of months. She replied. Wished me well and then unfriended me. Unreal! lol