LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Someone tell me about the male brain.

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th November 2017, 12:25 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebeccaever View Post
If i haven't posted anything online negatively or towards him in any way and since he broke up with me, why did he block me? shouldn't it be the other way around?
He wanted you out of his life. Simple as that.
HumanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 7:05 AM   #17
Established Member

I didn't read the letter.

It's good that you wrote it but it would be bad that you send it. Instead, stick it in a drawer for a week. Then take it out & re-read it. You will see how weak & clingy it sounds. You should be mad at yourself for being such a door mat. If you are not, stick it back in the drawer & wait another week.

Finally when you are able to take it out, read it & see how bad it makes you look, in a safe controlled space, burn it. You will feel better.
basil67 likes this.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 10:27 AM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post

Finally when you are able to take it out, read it & see how bad it makes you look, in a safe controlled space, burn it. You will feel better.
NO NO NO

Chuck it on a bonfire.
marky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 10:31 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky00 View Post
NO NO NO

Chuck it on a bonfire.

A bon fire is a controlled space. I just don't want the OP to accidently set the house on fire. The size of the conflagration isn't the issue.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 10:38 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
A bon fire is a controlled space. I just don't want the OP to accidently set the house on fire. The size of the conflagration isn't the issue.
u said "SAFE controlled space".
marky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 1:54 PM   #21
Established Member

I wrote something similar last week. I also sent it. I expect he read it but he hasn't replied.

I know I'm pathetic but that's how it is. I think I feel a little better for expressing myself. I wasn't grovelling, pointed out mistakes on his end too.

I think it helped. Although I'm sure I'm just having an upswing at the moment. I'll probably come crashing down in a day or two.
chinadiary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 2:44 PM   #22

Lovely letters. I donít know how heís going to react but if I gave them to my ex, she would just think Iím BSing and continue with her life. If you think heís not going to ridicule you by posting something on social media or bad mouthing you then go ahead. Just donít expect a reply.
Old 8th November 2017, 7:31 PM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
If i haven't posted anything online negatively or towards him in any way and since he broke up with me, why did he block me? shouldn't it be the other way around?
He's trying to get over this as well and does not need to see what you're up to and he doesn't want you to see what he's up to. Not uncommon for a dumper to block the dumpee even if the dumpee has done nothing.
dumbass2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2017, 7:41 PM   #24

Don't! I did something very similar about a month ago and I regret it. He did not appreciate it, said nothing about it, and went on to tell me horrible things that hurt my feelings deeply. Trust me. It's not worth it.
Converoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 4:35 PM   #25

Someone tell me about the male brain.

Long story short, my ex and i were extremely happy for the past few months. He was telling me he loved me, planning our future together, figuring out where we were going to move when i graduated grad school this semester, etc. anyway there were NO signs that he was unhappy.

He was actually showing more love and compassion than ever before. We got into a little tiff a few weeks ago, which was more of a misunderstanding rather than a full blown argument, but it got blown out of proportion. we gave each other space then all of a sudden he said he wasn't happy in this relationship at all and ended things. might i add, like mentioned above, he was planning our future the week before it all happened.

So was he really unhappy or is he acting without thinking. He's been very negative in his life lately about things that are happening. Is he unhappy with himself so that is why he's unhappy with me? does he love me? did he ever love me? so many questions. I was genuine and said a nice goodbye, a good luck with everything, i love you. and that was it.

I'm not holding hope as to if he will come back or not, but do you think he is acting on emotion right now or what. Because knowing him for as long as i have, if he is unhappy with something he immediately changes it and if thats the case with us, he wasn't just "recently" unhappy. Or so he says.

Last edited by LoveShack.org Moderator; 9th November 2017 at 6:37 PM.. Reason: Paragraphs and merge with existing topic on breakup
Rebeccaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 6:31 PM   #26
Established Member

So this argument you had (if it got blown out of proportion and you both needed space, it counts as a full argument), what was it about? Why were you both so hurt that you needed space?
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 6:50 PM   #27

Ready for this..
We went to a soccer game (i've never been to a semi-pro game before) and when i'm in a new environment, I "shut down" and take everything in. He knows this, as we have been dating for over a year now, so it's not an uncommon thing for me to take in my surroundings. Anyway, he got mad saying that i acted like i didn't want to be there and just completely blew it up. So i tried to calmly state that i was having fun and enjoyed the game and enjoyed spending time with him. well he just pushed me away after that and shut down for a good week to two weeks. Then comes back around saying what I wrote above.
So to answer your post, I was not upset. He was due to a miscommunication.
Rebeccaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 11:43 AM   #28

Quote:
Ready for this..
We went to a soccer game (i've never been to a semi-pro game before) and when i'm in a new environment, I "shut down" and take everything in. He knows this, as we have been dating for over a year now, so it's not an uncommon thing for me to take in my surroundings. Anyway, he got mad saying that i acted like i didn't want to be there and just completely blew it up. So i tried to calmly state that i was having fun and enjoyed the game and enjoyed spending time with him. well he just pushed me away after that and shut down for a good week to two weeks. Then comes back around saying what I wrote above.
So to answer your post, I was not upset. He was due to a miscommunication.
Sounds to me like he just doesn't understand you or want to really. One day you'll find someone who can understand what's really in your heart and cherish that, and understand how you enjoy things and take them in and be happy for you and happy to be with you the way you are. You shouldn't have to perform for someone just to make them happy. If he wants to walk away and doesn't value you, let him go, there are plenty of people who would be so happy to have someone like you in your life.
Octavian8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 1:30 PM   #29
Established Member

Octavian was nicer in her response than I could have been after reading about your "tiff".

That was no tiff, and there was no miscommunication on his part. You're giving him way too much credit. He acted like a total dick and treated you accordingly.
basil67 likes this.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 4:37 PM   #30
Established Member

I couldn't agree more. This wasn't a miscommunication, this was him being a really nasty guy. Having a partner go AWOL for two weeks should be a deal breaker. You can do so much better than this.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote