LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Pathetic/ funny breadcrumbs from your exes...

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree15Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2017, 10:45 PM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky00 View Post
nothing wrong with the OP posting about an ex giving out lame bread crumbs. Shes sounds like she has her head on straight and is doing fine. It's all part of the healing process.

keep throwing the one-size-fits all script at them
What good will come of not having her abusive ex boyfriend's number blocked?
Old 7th November 2017, 2:28 PM   #17
Established Member

You'll get to a point where you won't even care about a stupid breadcrumb. You'll just be like *eye roll* is he still trying to tug a leash? I let go of that leash ages ago. Then you l'll cuddle up with your new bew -)
Old 8th November 2017, 4:03 PM   #18
Established Member

Quote:
nothing wrong with the OP posting about an ex giving out lame bread crumbs. Shes sounds like she has her head on straight and is doing fine. It's all part of the healing process.

keep throwing the one-size-fits all script at them
I believe once you are truly healed and have completely moved on, it becomes an entirely different ball game from there. For instance, if an ex should try to come back around, we would have the advantage. Kind of our "HA" moment, because we no longer want them and maybe it's their turn to feel the pain of rejection. That would be the only reason I would leave the door open so I don't miss my "HA" moment.... it is quite satisfying.

However if you really are a good hearted person, it does kind of make you feel bad. Maybe things are infact left better to imagination and drawing your own conclusions with out the contact.

Before technology though, blocks weren't an option, so an ex could just show up or hunt you down if they were that tenacious about it.
Old 8th November 2017, 4:08 PM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
What good will come of not having her abusive ex boyfriend's number blocked?
Once she is in a safe place, she'd be able to mess with his head and emotions the way he messed w hers. Sweet revenge! People can get around blocks anyway, it's not that hard, you just change your number. It boils down to getting over the person and moving on, whether it's slow and painful by torturing ourselves or quicker and less painful by NC and blocking, etc.

I also feel that rebounds set you back. We have to get back to ourselves and taking care of ourselves. Trying to date too soon or get into another relationship, you're going to end up having to take care of someone else and jip yourself out of that self love, care, and time. Learned that the hard way more times than I should have. But oh well, here we are

Last edited by PrincessWarrior1; 8th November 2017 at 4:11 PM..
Old 8th November 2017, 4:14 PM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessWarrior1 View Post
Once she is in a safe place, she'd be able to mess with his head and emotions the way he messed w hers.
This seems like a fantastic idea......

NOT
Old 8th November 2017, 5:40 PM   #21
Established Member

Quote:
Once she is in a safe place, she'd be able to mess with his head and emotions the way he messed w hers. Sweet revenge! People can get around blocks anyway, it's not that hard, you just change your number. It boils down to getting over the person and moving on, whether it's slow and painful by torturing ourselves or quicker and less painful by NC and blocking, etc.

I also feel that rebounds set you back. We have to get back to ourselves and taking care of ourselves. Trying to date too soon or get into another relationship, you're going to end up having to take care of someone else and jip yourself out of that self love, care, and time. Learned that the hard way more times than I should have. But oh well, here we are
Playing the long game so you can enact some sort of petty revenge just seems completely at odds with really moving on.

As for the comment about it being easy to get around blocks, yeah, so? That's like saying it's dumb to lock your door since someone can get into your house if they really want to, anyway.
Old 8th November 2017, 8:48 PM   #22
Established Member

100% agree on the blocking.

I tortured myself for months with my ex. Finally cut her off late January.

In June she was liking my pics on FB, though we weren't friends.

By then I had healed enough to recognize a fishing line for what it was.

Blocked her then, been happier since.

Her best breadcrumb?

"Ugh, if you were only a better man, we'd be together."

- from an email on our anniversary in January. After she had ignored, disrespected, and treated me like trash for months. I laugh now. Lol
Old 8th November 2017, 11:09 PM   #23
Established Member

How about you went into nc, she initiate contact with a question, you answer in a polite way and then she reply with only "oh. That's good. Hope you enjoying it." then she send nothing more. I was like "what the hell? Why did you start something and then act like that?".
Old 9th November 2017, 1:23 AM   #24
Established Member

She added me on snapchat after about 3 months NC. Didn't bite at first but curiosity got the best of me and I sent her a friendly "hope things are good email". She threatened to call the cops on me.

Biggest wtf moment of my life.
Old 9th November 2017, 12:07 PM   #25
Established Member

Quote:
I believe once you are truly healed and have completely moved on
No such thing if you truly cared for someone. Lots of the vets on here talk about how they moved on completely but how do you think they would go if their Ex knocked at their door. Some people are great at putting things under the carpet (out of sight out of mind etc), doesn't mean they totally moved on. If someone kicked you to the curb, it's unrealistic to think you could just deal with them as a normal person.

Waiting to have a stab back at them when they come back is just a bad idea all round.

As long as your functioning and taking forward steps, it's ok to allow some of those old emotions to co-exist to an extent. As they say, it's best to "lean into the pain". This approach may take longer to reach the end but it leads to a more complete healing.

Last edited by marky00; 9th November 2017 at 12:20 PM..
Old 9th November 2017, 1:15 PM   #26
Established Member

You can't speak on behalf of everyone based on your own situation, mark.

I'm probably one of the most emotional guys I personally know and I can say with certainty that I'm completely over most of my exes and I was crushed after every breakup, whether I initiated or not.
Old 9th November 2017, 6:48 PM   #27
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterest View Post
How about you went into nc, she initiate contact with a question, you answer in a polite way and then she reply with only "oh. That's good. Hope you enjoying it." then she send nothing more. I was like "what the hell? Why did you start something and then act like that?".
Actually, that fits as breadcrumb too?
Full overview: She owe a bit money that she has payed with no problem, even before BU. She told me that she just made a deposit and then ask about my job. I thanked her, and told her about it and then she wrote that "That's good. Hope you're enjoying it." and ghost again.
I see it as breadcrumb, but what do you think?
Old 9th November 2017, 11:46 PM   #28
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanMachine View Post
This seems like a fantastic idea......

NOT
I so feel like a troll
I know that was pretty bad, sorry
Old 9th November 2017, 11:52 PM   #29
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
Playing the long game so you can enact some sort of petty revenge just seems completely at odds with really moving on.

As for the comment about it being easy to get around blocks, yeah, so? That's like saying it's dumb to lock your door since someone can get into your house if they really want to, anyway.
I agree, true. I'm still in pain so I'm not really of sound mind. And my ways of dealing with rejection as a teenager. I really need to heal the parts of me that attract abusers because it's a vicious painful circle and I have deep seated resentments.

I love reading on the internet. Such a super highway of info. Last night I read an article on manipulation. My ex dinged off like 5 out of 7.
Old 10th November 2017, 12:00 AM   #30
Established Member

Quote:
No such thing if you truly cared for someone. Lots of the vets on here talk about how they moved on completely but how do you think they would go if their Ex knocked at their door. Some people are great at putting things under the carpet (out of sight out of mind etc), doesn't mean they totally moved on. If someone kicked you to the curb, it's unrealistic to think you could just deal with them as a normal person.

Waiting to have a stab back at them when they come back is just a bad idea all round.

As long as your functioning and taking forward steps, it's ok to allow some of those old emotions to co-exist to an extent. As they say, it's best to "lean into the pain". This approach may take longer to reach the end but it leads to a more complete healing.
Story of my life about caring. I'm the most loving caring person and yet continue to be f'd over. I accept that it's my attraction to bad boys. But this last one iced the cake because he was a "christian" yeah ok, plus I knew him from my childhood and everything was "perfect" in the beginning.

I need like a full 7 years to myself now. I don't care if it takes till I'm 50 because I just look at the stars that are still hot like: Marissa Tomei, Jennifer Garner, and Sandra Bullock.

I always lean into the pain. I'm just tired of being hurt. It seems like no one cares, so we have to care about ourselves and do all that building from the inside.
Closed Thread