LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Pathetic/ funny breadcrumbs from your exes...

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree15Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2017, 9:38 PM   #1
Established Member

Pathetic/ funny breadcrumbs from your exes...

What have yours been so far?

My ex is so lazy he texted me "um". And that's it.

Amas5750 likes this.
Old 5th November 2017, 10:25 PM   #2

My ex texted me “I see you. Haha” because she spotted me at the same concert she was at. She broke up with me and I was two weeks NC. The last thing I told her was that I wasn’t going to reach out to her ever again, and she sent me that regardless. Her reasoning was “idk. Pure instinct.” Oh whale.
Old 6th November 2017, 3:36 AM   #3
Established Member

Mine texted me about how hurt she was and how she still cared about me and would always be there for me. It was almost the same text she texted me word for word when we broke up last time!!!!
Old 6th November 2017, 4:42 AM   #4

Nearly 4 weeks after I blocked her on FB she texted me about a book she thought I might have and hoping things were well on my end. My end of what? We aren't connected anymore. We aren't two ends of a pole. We're separate entities, there is no my end nor your end. A few minutes later she texted me to say her sister actually had the book and "Sorry!". Yeah no ****, it's a pretty recognisable book, I think I'd have returned it by now if I had it. And you just had to text me? Instead of waiting for your sister to get back to you first? I simply deleted the texts.
StephenV likes this.
Old 6th November 2017, 8:16 AM   #5
Established Member

been getting crumbs all year. ignored every single one.

2 months ago got the "wishing you a good life". sounded so final.

Then 1 month later got the "hi, how are you".
Old 6th November 2017, 8:31 AM   #6
Established Member

Calling me off a variety of different telephone numbers at silly o clock in the morning, breathing down the phone.
Old 6th November 2017, 9:49 AM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtx10 View Post
What have yours been so far?

My ex is so lazy he texted me "um". And that's it.

Why would you have any expectations for anything more than subpar treatment? You are dealing with a man that you claimed abused you. The "um" shouldn't even be surprising anymore.

You can't seem to comprehend that this man has no real love or care for you but you insist on clinging to him in hopes he'll be the kind of man you want him to be. At some point, you need to come to terms that he will never be and accept him for who he is -- and try to move on.

Aim higher. Create better standards for yourself.
Old 6th November 2017, 10:17 AM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahara View Post
Why would you have any expectations for anything more than subpar treatment? You are dealing with a man that you claimed abused you. The "um" shouldn't even be surprising anymore.

You can't seem to comprehend that this man has no real love or care for you but you insist on clinging to him in hopes he'll be the kind of man you want him to be. At some point, you need to come to terms that he will never be and accept him for who he is -- and try to move on.

Aim higher. Create better standards for yourself.
Zahara I feel so much better it took me a hard three months but I do find myself crying ( only from frustration) sometimes but it's so much less. " Um" just made me laugh...because it is so typical! Acceptance is so helpful it's all that denial that holds you back. Talking to his friends really helped me accept who he is, he told me everything . I'm in a better place believe me.
Old 6th November 2017, 10:22 AM   #9
Established Member

Journal Entries: 2
havent really got breadcrumbs i dont think...i am friends with my exes...my ex calls me a lot....but its not breadcrumbs normally full conversations.....once he just giggled and didnt have much to say didnt know why he called.. we ended talking for a while...because basically i can talk about anything underwater..i can talk....a lot....its a word thing...like my posts on here...mightnt make any sense...but they go on and on and on........... deb
StephenV likes this.

Last edited by todreaminblue; 6th November 2017 at 10:27 AM..
Old 6th November 2017, 10:58 AM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtx10 View Post
Zahara I feel so much better it took me a hard three months but I do find myself crying ( only from frustration) sometimes but it's so much less. " Um" just made me laugh...because it is so typical! Acceptance is so helpful it's all that denial that holds you back. Talking to his friends really helped me accept who he is, he told me everything . I'm in a better place believe me.
You were hanging out at his home just a weekend ago.

It's one thing to be in denial and that you're journeying into acceptance but I find that declaration hard to believe when you still chose to stay in proximity and contact with an abuser. How does true recovery happen when you're still engaging in a person that has been damaging to you? You claimed he abused you -- the effects of abuse takes a long time to undo. What have you been doing to protect yourself? Your threads are of a common path -- he's still in your life and by choice.

Why haven't you blocked him? Why haven't you stayed away from him?

Last edited by Zahara; 6th November 2017 at 11:03 AM..
Old 6th November 2017, 5:07 PM   #11
Established Member

Mine broke up with me telling she doesn't trust in me for no reason and put all the reasons for breakup on me then she was very selfish, arrogant and so on, and I went full NC. Then she started to talk to me to saying about the guys she went out, sent me their Instagram accounts, ask for advice and so on... But at that point I didn't love her anymore and I didn't hate her anymore. I just didn't care with her anymore.
Old 6th November 2017, 7:57 PM   #12
Established Member

You can call it pathetic or sad, but you're on here posting about it, so clearly he's accomplished what he intended: Occupy your head.

This guy would be blocked if you'd truly accepted that you needed this guy removed from your life. As it is, you've left the door open. So be honest with yourself: You're either being naive about allowing an abuser such easy access to you or you're holding out hope, albeit quietly, that he'll have a change of heart and ask to have you back.
Old 6th November 2017, 8:46 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
You can call it pathetic or sad, but you're on here posting about it, so clearly he's accomplished what he intended: Occupy your head.

This guy would be blocked if you'd truly accepted that you needed this guy removed from your life. As it is, you've left the door open. So be honest with yourself: You're either being naive about allowing an abuser such easy access to you or you're holding out hope, albeit quietly, that he'll have a change of heart and ask to have you back.
Blanco, it's time to change the script a little. You been writing the same stuff for years
Old 6th November 2017, 9:27 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky00 View Post
Blanco, it's time to change the script a little. You been writing the same stuff for years
You're right. I refuse to be an enabler and sugarcoat things.
Old 6th November 2017, 10:30 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
You're right. I refuse to be an enabler and sugarcoat things.
nothing wrong with the OP posting about an ex giving out lame bread crumbs. Shes sounds like she has her head on straight and is doing fine. It's all part of the healing process.

keep throwing the one-size-fits all script at them
Closed Thread