long days....sad nights

Well, I'm writing this as a way to alleviate some of the sadness im currently feeling.

She moved away and we stayed together for about a month. Then things just got weird and we were both all over the place with our feelings and our lives. She is an amazing girl. So many good times, but so many bad. We did so much in such a short amount of time.

It's hard to think about the bad times when you are missing someone so much. Your mind inevitably wants to recall only the happy moments and the times that were picture perfect.

She asked me in such a nonchalant way. One of those..."its up to you if you want to keep this going or end it." We have had our problems in the past, then at one point we were talking a couple nights ago and the conversation was going really great. Then out of nowhere it took a 180. She ended up getting very short and ultimately hanging up on me. After 2 days she sends a message with a lot of "i don't knows" and "not in the same place" I decided to agree and end the relationship. This occurred after I sent her a box full of stuff, including a new watch a bought for her.

It really hurts, and right now its really weighing me down. I'm trying to be strong but I get so lonely at night when I am home alone. trying to do my best to keep my chin up. What else can I do? ....take the good with the bad and appreciate each day.

I understand your pain brother. I just recently got dumped by my first love, and I completely understand your sense of loneliness as well as your highs and lows. There are days you think you’re okay and things are in the past, and then there are days where a minute feels like hours and you just wish someone was there to hold you. You wish she was there. But I am here to tell you that she doesn’t want to be there. She’s giving you “I don’t know’s”, and I am typing this to tell you that you don’t deserve that. No one does. You deserve and want someone that knows that they want you just as much as you want them, and you won’t find that person until you move on from her. Immerse yourself with your family and friends. This has helped me make those long days pass much quicker. They ease my mind of the self torture that my thoughts inflict that I am sure you feel too. Go to the gym or express your feelings creatively. Both of these are outlets to release your emotions in a positive way that you can be proud of. Pick yourself up as best you can, and from there take the help that your loved ones provide you to help you stand above all the pain. Because only from pain can true love and happiness be born from. I know this is hard to believe because it’s hard for me to believe, but every day I think to myself that I will find who and what I deserve just as I am sure you will too. We must both be strong. It helps me to think that others out there are going through the same pain of loneliness and abandonment, so I hope you knowing that I as well as others are standing along side you facing similar struggles helps. Just remind yourself every day that you are on your own journey, and you can make what you want of it. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Author

That's a good point. I just watched like 2 hours of ted talks regarding relationships. It helped some. hope you are holding up alright tonight.

• Author

Thanks alo...that really helps. You are right, the I don't knows are Bullsh*t.... I give my heart and soul into relationships. I did a lot for her , I did what was in my power to make things great. Sometimes, it still wasn't enough. Guess its better to keep looking for the one than to settle with the wrong one. Thanks for the truth. It helped.

• Like 1

What were the problems between you two, OP?

And for context, how old are you both and how often would have been able to see each other, given the distance?