LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

I broke NC yesterday and now I feel awful.

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th November 2017, 7:29 AM   #61
Established Member

Fifth day NC. I get moments of missing her a huge amount but generally iím ok. Looking forward to 1 week NC!
HumanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 4:32 PM   #62
Established Member

*sigh*

So I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but I'm going to add my thoughts, anyway. OP, how exactly do you know that your ex had shady intentions when she said she wanted to meet up with a friend over some drinks? I do this all the time with old friends that I haven't talked to in years, and a lot of them are opposite gender friends as well. For all you know maybe she really did want to just hang out with this friend and catch up. How do you know she has absolutely no guy friends? You don't live inside her head...you don't know everything about her.

From some of the posts I've seen she does seem very immature especially if she has threatened to key your car and a bunch of crap. But seriously, in the end NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU CONTROL YOUR PARTNER, there will ALWAYS be the chance that they are cheating on you, no matter what. Insecurity is dangerous. It tends to cause the things that we're scared of happening in the first place.

Again, I have no idea what her intentions were. You know her better than me, so maybe she very well was trying to take advantage of you with this guy 'friend' or whatever, but either way, you 'forbidding her' (lmfao), from seeing this friend will NOT stop her from cheating if that's essentially what she wants to do anyway, REGARDLESS if you tell her not to hang out with him. Again, usually it's this kind of controlling behavior (yes, it's controlling) that makes people do that kind of stuff in the first place. People respect people who rightfully trust them. Yes, there are a lot of people who do end up cheating even when people do say, "Okay, it's fine if you hang out with this person.", but the point is, you have no idea if she is being genuine or not. And the fact of the matter is this person very well may genuinely be just a good friend she hasn't seen in a while.

So I mean...idk. Sadly this is a problem that seemingly the majority of people have, but in my mind I don't even see why they would get with somebody if they aren't able to trust them. I know plenty of people who have multiple opposite gender friends and their partner has zero problems with it and they're still going stronger than ever. So... *shrug*