Was I wrong to be offended

Recently one of my best friends started hanging out with a woman that my ex cheated on me with. I didn't have a problem with him befriending her because I thought he was interested in dating her. Turns out my ex had a get together that I wasn't invited to but he invited her. I guess when she mentioned that she was still having sex with my ex he decided to invite my ex over to his house as well so that him and her could hook up. I was deeply hurt and felt betrayed by friend.

My friend didn't understand because he said well the two of you aren't together anymore so what's the big deal. I introduced my friend to my ex and he'd only hung out with him when I was around. He knew how I felt about him cheating on me with with woman. It's one of the reasons him and I broke up and that was only 2 months ago. Me and my friend had a big falling out about it because he told me I was being stupid for being upset. So now, we aren't speaking. All of my friend tell me that I had a right to feel the way that I did and he was being insensitive and selfish. Was I wrong to be offended by this?

I’m sorry but I found this very hard to read. Anyone else?

Yep - I agree - I have just read it four times and am still struggling ha ha!

I looked down hoping (in a way) there were no replies as it would have made me think I was being thick :)

Personally, I would feel offended too especially if your friend knew your ex cheated on you with this woman. As a friend, I'd likely want nothing to do with them.

Also, why would you think you would be invited to a party that your ex was organizing?

My ex didn't organize the party. That was a typo on my party. My best friend did.

Then I guess he was prioritizing his friendship with them or decided to chose their company since he couldn't have the best of both worlds.

I think there should have been some level of sensitivity on his part especially since you only recently ended with your ex due to cheating but you can't always control the actions of others.

Let it be for awhile and if you think this is something you can look past, then you can decide if you want to resume a friendship. Otherwise, keep moving on.

You are not wrong at all. Hold your ground. You did nothing wrong so do not go looking for your friend. Your friend, if they have any sense should come with an apology and quick.

I'll try my best.

The people involved:

OP

OP's exboyfriend.

OP's best friend

The girl that OP's ex-bf cheated on her with

The issue at hand:

OP's best friend started talking to the girl that OP's ex-bf cheated on her with. OP did not have an issue with this because she thought her friend expressed interest in dating the girl.

It's not working out that way because the girl is still hooking up with OP's ex. Then there was a party the best friend, OP's ex-bf, and the girl attended but OP was not invited to. (I'm lost if it's the ex-bf's party or the best friend's party?) OP is upset that her best friend is fraternizing with both the girl and her ex-bf because she introduced him to the guy (ex-bf/who cheated and broke OP's heart) and expects her friends loyalty to be with her and not them. Best friend thinks she's being unreasonable and "stupid for being upset".

Basically, OP feels teamed up on and like she's losing her best friend to her ex and this girl.

Edited by Frostedflake
I'll try my best.

The people involved:

OP

OP's exboyfriend.

OP's best friend

The girl that OP's ex-bf cheated on her with

The issue at hand:

OP's best friend started talking to the girl that OP's ex-bf cheated on her with. OP did not have an issue with this because she thought her friend expressed interest in dating the girl.

It's not working out that way because the girl is still hooking up with OP's ex. Then there was a party the best friend, OP's ex-bf, and the girl attended but OP was not invited to. (I'm lost if it's the ex-bf's party or the best friend's party?) OP is upset that her best friend is fraternizing with both the girl and her ex-bf because she introduced him to the guy (ex-bf/who cheated and broke OP's heart) and expects her friends loyalty to be with her and not them. Best friend thinks she's being unreasonable and "stupid for being upset".

Basically, OP feels teamed up on and like she's losing her best friend to her ex and this girl.

Thanks Mr Translator :)

I think having 4 people referred to into the first (and very condensed) sentence was a bit of a mind trip :)

It does make better sense now.

LivingWaterPlease
Thanks Mr Translator :)

I think having 4 people referred to into the first (and very condensed) sentence was a bit of a mind trip :)

It does make better sense now.

Plus, OP doesn't make clear the gender of her best friend which is important to the story.

Plus, OP doesn't make clear the gender of her best friend which is important to the story.

yeah, the missing gender info is what really made it confusing :)

• Like 1