LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

GIGS ex texting me


Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree22Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2017, 4:51 PM   #31
Established Member
 
Buriall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Canada
Posts: 150
Thats exactly it, shes looking for attention from you whether its positive or negative. Shes trying to push your buttons to get you to reply...and why havent you blocked her still?? are you waiting on her to say come back i miss you?
__________________
Muddy water is best cleared by leaving it alone.
Buriall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2017, 7:57 PM   #32
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionL09 View Post
is she angry she isn't getting attention from me or something?
Yes. And shes doing anything to try to get that attention, even though its abusive and manipulative. Don't respond. What responsibilities do you have that shes still in your life? Can these be changed so you can get rid of her?
Throwawayaccount12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 12:18 PM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwawayaccount12 View Post
What responsibilities do you have that shes still in your life? Can these be changed so you can get rid of her?
It has to do with money and hopefully everything will be fixed in maybe 2-3 months.
VisionL09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 12:40 PM   #34
Established Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleNfit View Post
I find this notion of NO CONTACT to be peculiar. For some, such as yourself, it seems that NO CONTACT entails CONTACT. By allowing someone to CONTACT you, you are not in NO CONTACT. If you want peace of mind and help yourself to move on b/c you feel that their 'presence' or any reminder of their presence is distracting, well, then you go NO CONTACT. Allowing someone to communicate with you and you not responding is still contact.
I disagree.

Giving someone a silence sandwich is most definitely No Contact.

Your saying you need to permanently block someone to get over them?
marky00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 1:28 PM   #35
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky00 View Post
I disagree.

Giving someone a silence sandwich is most definitely No Contact.

Your saying you need to permanently block someone to get over them?
No contact works both ways - you donít contact them and in turn you do everything possible to stop them contacting you.
HumanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 7:32 PM   #36
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionL09 View Post
It has to do with money and hopefully everything will be fixed in maybe 2-3 months.
Well, not sure what the money issue is, but if you don't feel you can just walk away because it's a really large amount, then unfortunately you're gonna have to deal with all this pain until you get it resolved because the only answer is at this point with everything that's gone on, is NC.
dumbass2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2017, 8:37 PM   #37
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Antipodes
Posts: 7,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky00 View Post
I disagree.

Giving someone a silence sandwich is most definitely No Contact.

Your saying you need to permanently block someone to get over them?
The OP's choice to not block her has given her her the power to upset him. This prevents him from moving on. If she didn't bother contacting him or he wasn't upset by what she writes, then he wouldn't need to block her. Mind you, why anyone would want to receive texts which they don't want to answer is beyond me.

Not everyone needs No Contact. Some couples just talk less and less after breaking up and drift apart. Others just don't care enough for either to bother getting in contact anymore.

Lastly, No Contact doesn't have to be permanent. It's just till both of you have pretty much forgotten the ex and moved on.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 3:34 AM   #38
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
So after she sent that meme, i decided to reply to her a day later because i just kept thinking about how dumb it was. i told her to stop being so negative towards me and to stop being so hateful. i told her that i finally gave her the space she wanted and asked why is she still being so hateful if this is what she wanted.. i also addressed the meme she sent because i never would have cheated on her and never put other females above her because i was so emotionally invested in her.. she really meant so much to me and i wanted to spend the rest of my life with her because of this.. i told her that our relationship is now done and to take responsibility for her actions instead of saying she's doing something now because of me.

a day later , At around 3 am eastern time i get couple of texts from her and one says this

"You know what? I'm drunk right now so f*ck it. You wanna act like you were such a good guy but you put women who were straight up hoes above me. this is why you cancelled. I'm so happy i'm single and i don't have to answer to anyone, specially ain't **** men like you who provide nothing but think they can control my life. also id much rather you'd cheat on me than be a broke overly, sensitive child like you were. "

I had this woman on a pedestal above literally everyone in the whole world, even my own goddamn mother, because she was the most important thing in my life for 3.5 years and i tried my best to make her feel special literally everyday so i just don't understand where all this stuff is coming from and what she's trying to get out of me when i want no drama between us.. She also mentioned "that's why you cancelled" cancelled what??? what the hell is she even talking about..

She also sent a pic of her at a club/bar with revealing clothes and with a girl i've never seen before and then she sent a lot of smily faces..

What the hell is she trying to prove with all this crap?? On the previous text i even told her to stop being so negative towards me and that she can do whatever makes her happy and if that's being a hoe then good for her .. i just don't understand what she's trying to prove with all this stuff .. she's finally the free person she wanted to be and now she's choosing to torment my life when i finally let her go and accepted what she wanted... why????

Last edited by VisionL09; 10th November 2017 at 3:40 AM..
VisionL09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 3:51 AM   #39
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 411
Just block her and be done with it
sdraw108 likes this.
HumanMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 4:17 PM   #40
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
After those texts i got from her last night(my previous post), i decided to message her almost 2 hours later. I told her that i want absolutely no drama between us and told her to please stop showing so much negativity because i want us both to be happy. I told her that i'm glad she's out having a great time because i honestly want no drama with this woman and really want her to do what makes her happy. I also told her that in our relationship, i never put another woman above her because she was the most important thing in my life and i wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, and i wasn't going to let ANY girl destroy what we had. I also mentioned how it's crazy how last night, i was hanging out with friends and i kept thinking about those good memories of our 3.5 year relationship meanwhile she's thinking so bad of me when she was the one who dumped me and completely broke my heart..

She then replies like 2 minutes later and says that she doesn't hate me and that it's not in her heart to hate me.. but she clearly has so much hate towards me.. She also adds that she's just being a drunk bitch right now

2 minutes after that she sends a selfie of herself and she goes "A cute drunk bitch" i did not reply to any of this..

6 minutes later she sends this text "Omg (my name) you hurt my heart so much i'm literally about to cry right now , but then again not really but then again i feel bad but not that much, idk how to feel to be honest. you were such a big part of my life it's so weird that you've vanished" She then calls me 30 seconds after sending that text but i did not answer. She then sends another text 6 minutes later and goes "I'm so fine, you F*cked up".

i did not reply to or entertained any of this and she was pretty much just talking to herself at this point. 20 minutes later i get another call from her and again i did not answer, and 1 minute after that i get a text saying this "that's so cute you were thinking about us. I think about us too" and that's all that happened..

She's being really childish and it's funny how she tried and continues to try to make it seem as if i am everything that went wrong with our relationship but look how unstable she is. She got emotional when i told her about how i wanted to spend the rest of my life with her because she probably remembered the type of guy that i was and she realized that she's been acting like a complete b*tch for no reason at all. I've even surprised myself at how mature i've been about the entire situation after the first 2 weeks after the break up were hell for me because i felt things i never felt in my life and i didn't know how to react properly and wasn't coping well at all. It also doesn't make sense how she said that " i vanished" when she was the one who kicked me out and PUSHED me out..

Last edited by VisionL09; 10th November 2017 at 4:21 PM..
VisionL09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 8:13 PM   #41
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
I Just got another text from her saying "Ew disregard everything i said last night. Bye." she's clearly embarrassed at everything she said and at the way she acted, because i know her and she usually says "bye" as a joke when she's embarrassed about something. She would do that a lot when we had innocent arguments and she ended up being wrong, she'd then be like "ok bye" but not actually mean goodbye. She said to "disregard" everything she said but I mean i was already doing that last night after reading all that nonsense and i knew alcohol played a role in all the crap she was throwing at me which is why i completely ignored all those texts and her phone calls and didn't entertain her. I'm impressed at the maturity i've shown and hopefully this is the end to her doing all this dumb stuff and all this negativity she continues to send my way
VisionL09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 9:48 PM   #42
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 217
Alright OP,

Let me redo my advice based on all these updates because I can see you are having a difficult time letting her go.

She has feelings but also has problems with you that caused the break up and is now having a rough time facing the reality of her decision because she is confused and it hurts.

Do not, and I repeat do not help her get over the break up by letting her engage in meaningless conversation like this. Either she is baiting you into connecting with her until she's through with you because quitting you cold turkey is too much pain to handle all at once..or she could genuinely be having second thoughts about breaking up and wants to get back. Or..it could be a mix of both.

Everytime you respond back to her, you are communicating weakness and teaching her that she can walk all over you as she pleases. All this back and forth is just fluff. Cut through it, take the lead and get to the point with her. Ask her what it is she wants. Ask her if she wants to be in a relationship again or not. If the answer is yes, address all the problems that amounted to breaking up and sort it out with her. If the answer is no, block her and be done with this because she is wasting your time and you are letting her waste your time.

Last edited by Beachead; 10th November 2017 at 10:15 PM..
Beachead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 10:39 PM   #43
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachead View Post
Alright OP,

Clearly you can't let her go and cut contact so let me redo my advice based on all these updates.

She has feelings but also has problems with you that caused the break up and is now having a rough time facing the reality of her decision because she is confused and it hurts.

So she could be doing what most exes do and is baiting you into connecting with her for an ego boost, or until she's done weening herself off of you..or she could genuinely be having second thoughts about breaking up and wants to get back.

All this back and forth is just fluff. Ask her what it is she wants. Ask her if she wants to be in a relationship again or not. If the answer is yes, address all the problems that amounted to breaking up and sort it out. If the answer is no, block her and be done with this because she is wasting your time and you are letting her waste your time.

Take control and get to the point with her.
Thank you so much for your reply. ok so there's a few things i want to say. It is not i that can't let her go because look, i'm not interested in talking to her at all. She's the one who has initiated all contact since mid september and i try my best to ignore everything and have done a pretty good job but at times she starts attacking me and being really negative with things that aren't true and i just feel like i have to defend myself.. and those are the only times i've replied to her, but i have ignored her every single time she tries to casually message me..

recently, she said i put girls above her and i felt like i needed to address that because that wasn't the type of guy i was at all and i continue to tell her to stop with the negativity and that i want no drama between us and i believe my last 3-4 texts were all about me telling her to stop with the drama and that i want no problems with her.(span of 3 weeks)

People also continue to tell me to block her and cut all ties but i can't block her right now because like i've mentioned before there are responsibilities i have to take care off with her and i don't want her to think that i've forgotten about it and then have that cause more problems.

You're right about how i shouldn't help her get over the break up and that is exactly why i have ignored her when she tries to casually contact me, but me ignoring her is what pisses her off and that's when she starts to act angry towards me and try her best to get a reaction out of me.

I feel like it's still too early to ask her if she wants a relationship with me again, because she's still doing the same exact things she left me for and seems like she's having a great time. She's still going out with people i don't even know and drinking heavily for the first time in her life since she just turned 21 and doing god knows what else.. Maybe months from now i'll feel comfortable asking her that question but right now i don't even think i want to be in a relationship with her.

I'm going to work on ignoring literally everything from now on including when she messages me being negative and angry. If she sends something that i feel is false and something that i feel i need to address, i will try my best not to and will just let her burn herself out.. and if she some how forces me to talk to her, i will do what you said and ask her what is it that she wants from me

Last edited by VisionL09; 10th November 2017 at 10:41 PM..
VisionL09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 10:52 PM   #44
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 38
Bruh, you gotta stop responding at all!!!! ONLY reply to her if its relation to your financial business. Otherwise you're both going round and round in circles. You say you don't engage with her, but she deliberately says something to piss you off, and you engage in it. Don't. Only respond to things about your responsibilities, because, after all, you've said throughout this thread you only contact her about your financial stuff. And yet, none of the messages are in relation to those responsibilities.
Throwawayaccount12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 11:39 PM   #45
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwawayaccount12 View Post
Bruh, you gotta stop responding at all!!!! ONLY reply to her if its relation to your financial business. Otherwise you're both going round and round in circles. You say you don't engage with her, but she deliberately says something to piss you off, and you engage in it. Don't. Only respond to things about your responsibilities, because, after all, you've said throughout this thread you only contact her about your financial stuff. And yet, none of the messages are in relation to those responsibilities.
Yes that's the ONLY thing i will respond to and will keep it strictly business and we have talked about it but not much because she always seems to be angry about other childish stuff. i don't put any of it on here because i just don't want to put that stuff on here and she seems to not even care about it much honestly because again she's always talking about other negative stuff and yes you're definitely right, i have to stop replying to all that nonsense she throws at me when she's angry.. thank you
VisionL09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GIGS - BACK TO GIGS? so holysteer Breaks and Breaking Up 9 15th November 2015 6:50 PM
Is this GIGS or something else? unforgotten Breaks and Breaking Up 32 2nd December 2014 6:38 AM
My Nightmare (Had Gigs, dumped by Gigs) deorro Breaks and Breaking Up 5 4th November 2013 3:45 PM
What is the cause of GIGS? Star Gazer Dating 17 16th March 2013 6:18 PM
She has Gigs SkyEmtRN Breaks and Breaking Up 53 26th December 2011 2:01 PM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 9:46 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.