LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Cant accept it

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th October 2017, 12:16 AM   #1

Cant accept it

My girlfriend of 3 years left me about 2 months ago. She left because she said she was burned out. Next thing I know is that she's already interested in another guy 1 month later. I was loyal and caring to her. Never did her wrong and I always made sure she was loved. We lived 6 hour apart. I would constantly make trips to her house and spend weeks there. I always bought her nice gifts and was always there in her hard times. I never yelled at her or abused her. I'm a full time college student and we had plans to move in together. All of s sudden she just doesn't want to be with me anymore. It hurts really badly that she practically left me for another guy who has nothing on me. I'm a tall guy, worksout, and romantic. She doesnt text me at all. I've tried getting her back a couple of times and she always rejects me, talks to me as if I'm some stranger. I just can't let go if her. She was my first true love and I have always fought for her and never gave up. How can you just get rid of someone like that?
Jxmpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 12:22 AM   #2
Established Member

It didn't just happen one day. She fell out of love with you. She had been planning it for a while, and maybe even met the guy before she broke up with you. It hurts, but it's unfortunately the way it goes sometimes. This forum is full of tales just like yours, be it the woman or man. The worst thing to do is to keep in contact with her, trying to get her back. You should never contact her again. Reach out to anybody but her, do your best to comfort and improve yourself, and move on. Good luck.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 12:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highndry View Post
It didn't just happen one day. She fell out of love with you. She had been planning it for a while, and maybe even met the guy before she broke up with you. It hurts, but it's unfortunately the way it goes sometimes. This forum is full of tales just like yours, be it the woman or man. The worst thing to do is to keep in contact with her, trying to get her back. You should never contact her again. Reach out to anybody but her, do your best to comfort and improve yourself, and move on. Good luck.
Yeah I have read a lot of posts on here. I just don't get how people can do that to someone. Also, this guy she really likes works with her at her job. I hate the feeling of losing. I'm here suffering, while she's happy and has butterflies for a new guy. It's a sense of betrayal.
Old 25th October 2017, 12:39 AM   #4
Established Member

It is a betrayal. She dumped you, rejected you, cast you aside for another guy she deemed more worthy. It's always going to hurt. But you know what? Her opinion of you doesn't matter anymore. There are countless women who value you more than that other guy. All of us have lost somebody. Every end to a relationship hurts. I always thought it would get easier as I aged, but it doesn't. Love hurts, as they say. You'll survive.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 1:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highndry View Post
It is a betrayal. She dumped you, rejected you, cast you aside for another guy she deemed more worthy. It's always going to hurt. But you know what? Her opinion of you doesn't matter anymore. There are countless women who value you more than that other guy. All of us have lost somebody. Every end to a relationship hurts. I always thought it would get easier as I aged, but it doesn't. Love hurts, as they say. You'll survive.
I know her opinion doesn't matter, but since I cared for her deeply, it ends up mattering. I can tell my mind to stop, but my heart won't. My heart is attached to her. Love definitely hurts.
Old 25th October 2017, 1:08 AM   #6
Established Member

You don't understand how she could do that because you're still under the influence of the blue-pill mentality. You have to take the red-pill to comprehend (a reference to the movie matrix). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-muW3LBmruE
kazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 1:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazen View Post
You don't understand how she could do that because you're still under the influence of the blue-pill mentality. You have to take the red-pill to comprehend (a reference to the movie matrix). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-muW3LBmruE
What exactly is the red pill
Old 25th October 2017, 1:41 AM   #8
Established Member

Sorry you're going through this.

Her being able to move on shows that she checked out some time ago. Thing is, it's truly rare that someone leaves a relationship without there having been clues that stuff was going wrong. Perhaps you'd been having some "ups and downs". Perhaps she'd been pulling away? Perhaps she'd been tired of the distance? Perhaps there have been disagreements? Perhaps she just found that the two of you have simply grown in different directions. There are so many reasons that a relationship can end which you haven't ruled out.

You mentioned that it hurts that someone can be checked out for a while before they actually end it. However, think about the alternative: leaving the moment they feel something is a bit off. It makes sense to stick around for a while and make sure that the idea to leave is not a fleeting impulse. To be really sure about her decision.

Take some time to lick your wounds. Then move on to greener pastures.
basil67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 2:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil67 View Post
Sorry you're going through this.

Her being able to move on shows that she checked out some time ago. Thing is, it's truly rare that someone leaves a relationship without there having been clues that stuff was going wrong. Perhaps you'd been having some "ups and downs". Perhaps she'd been pulling away? Perhaps she'd been tired of the distance? Perhaps there have been disagreements? Perhaps she just found that the two of you have simply grown in different directions. There are so many reasons that a relationship can end which you haven't ruled out.

You mentioned that it hurts that someone can be checked out for a while before they actually end it. However, think about the alternative: leaving the moment they feel something is a bit off. It makes sense to stick around for a while and make sure that the idea to leave is not a fleeting impulse. To be really sure about her decision.

Take some time to lick your wounds. Then move on to greener pastures.
I didn't see any clues. She must of hid them well. Doesn't make sense. Just a couples days before hand she would tell me she loves me and she wouldn't trade me or anyone. Just can't believe someone can lie straight to your face. It's hard to think of greener pastures. I've been licking my wounds for 2 months and I haven't been able to sleep. She was everything to me. I don't have any motive to date other women.
Old 25th October 2017, 2:28 AM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxmpy View Post
What exactly is the red pill
A subculture of mostly sad-sack, angry men who put on airs about not really caring about women or relationships, opting to focus their efforts on dating multiple women at once and being "free."

Monogamous relationships aren't for everyone, but far too many red-pillers end up commodifying women rather than viewing them as actual people.

In short, it's a culture that inherently suggests men become emotionally unavailable so that they can't ever be hurt by some chick.
Blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 2:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
A subculture of mostly sad-sack, angry men who put on airs about not really caring about women or relationships, opting to focus their efforts on dating multiple women at once and being "free."

Monogamous relationships aren't for everyone, but far too many red-pillers end up commodifying women rather than viewing them as actual people.

In short, it's a culture that inherently suggests men become emotionally unavailable so that they can't ever be hurt by some chick.
Thanks for explaninig. I think that is a bad thing to do. Women need men to be emotionally available
Old 25th October 2017, 2:59 AM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco View Post

That's not accurate. Some red-pilled men do shun all relationships (such as MGTOW). Some use their awareness to manipulate women such as players. Some use it to maintain a healthy long-lasting relationship.

Red pill is a metaphor that you understand the nature of relationship, not that bs-Disney-fanstasy crap they sold you when you're a child. What you do with that understanding is up to you.
kazen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 3:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazen View Post
That's not accurate. Some red-pilled men do shun all relationships (such as MGTOW). Some use their awareness to manipulate women such as players. Some use it to maintain a healthy long-lasting relationship.

Red pill is a metaphor that you understand the nature of relationship, not that bs-Disney-fanstasy crap they sold you when you're a child. What you do with that understanding is up to you.
Ahh I see. I guess I need to take the red pill. The blue pill will only hurt you.
Old 25th October 2017, 8:34 AM   #14
Established Member

Sorry man. You got your heart broke.

It happens to everyone. And the first time is the worst. When it happened to me I lost 30 pounds in 30 days due to not eating. I slept for maybe two hours a night. It was awful. Then one day everything was fine. I didnít care anymore and that person was no longer important.

I have also broken hearts. That was worse imho. I wasnít vindictive I just outgrew that person. It is awful to inflict that on someone.

The lesson here is that

1. It can happen.
2. You will survive.

The next time it happens it is way easier. Today if it were to happen I would just get my stuff and move on.

If it is any consolation you will meet someone even more fantastic in a little bit. That is just the way this stuff works.
viatori patuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2017, 9:11 AM   #15
Established Member

She already rounded up another guy before breaking it off with you. Of course she wasn't going to tell you about it. They have to line up other guys first before making their exit.
Soccer1986 is offline   Reply With Quote