Just wanted some thoughts on my ex

So back story me and my ex were together for 2 years almost. We loved each other very much but we both were not doing very well in life so it wasn’t easy and we both made a lot of mistakes at the end she ended because of a mistake I made ....we continued to see each other for maybe a month or 2 after we broke it off which involved a lot of crying some sex and me begging for her back .... a fight happened and all communication broke and we didn’t talk for 7 months .... we reconnected but because we lived so far apart nothing really happened we stayed in contact saw each other once I had went on a trip and brought her back some things so we went for dinner it was actually very nice and it seemed like there could maybe be communication between us again ...communication was wried after that....she was texting me a lot asking maybe for drives to the city or asking about a lunch spot we frequented but I didn’t have a car at the time .... some months went by of on and off communication and then we stopped taking again for reasons I have no idea about but I found out later that she was still mad about our past

A few months went by without talking and I reached out afte seeing her on the subway randomly and we ended up talking and hanging out more also I am driving now so it was easier to make dates and see each other ..... after a few hang outs we were sitting down for a drink and she told me she’s never really hung out with an ex after a break up and become friends or anything and this was very new for her ...(granted we have been having a good time together and things seemed natural again ) but THEN she said I don’t want u to get the wrong idea basically saying she only wants to be friends And that she wanted to make it clear that nothing was going to happen between us which was fine with me to be honest because things were fresh still between us and rushing into anything for me would just most likely end badly... and being in a relationship with her right away was never really my intentions in the first place

So we parted ways that night and I things were normal i didn’t really think anything of it but also something that the reader should know is from day one when we reconnected this time till now she has when from one text a week to now taking to me everyday.... so a couple night later I was with a friend who is a female and JUST A FRIEND lol .... who is still friends with my ex also .... and I was in mid text with asking my ex out for a drink and that I wanted to invite the girl I was with because they hadn’t seen each other in a long time we all went out and I stayed on the sidelines while they caught up I was having fun to doing my own thing and the bar was about to close and they both came to me saying we are going back to your place meaning mine so we all went they stayed up drinking and I ended up passing out.... I wake up to my ex in my bed all cuddled up to me and initiating sex so we did we fell asleep next mourning we had sex again both not drunk now and she left..... next couple of days later we have seen each other been out for dinner hung out but no intimacy and she seems a little standoffish but is still initiating the hang outs .... any thoughts

• Like 1

She wasn't over you ever since the initial breakup.

Are you willing to put yourself through the stress and drama of what is likely to be an on-again, off-again relationship?

If not, you need to break it off cleanly with her. It's obvious you will never work out as just friends.

This whole we can be friends right after a break up never ends well.

Now if you want to be patient and wait and see what happens your just going to end up getting stressed out.

Now if you want to get to the point ask what she wants and tell her what you want.

My feeling is she's going to play the I don't know what I want card instead of talking about it.

From her actions she seems hot and cold if u have the patience and nerve to bowe thru it then great no idea wether it will become a relationship between u two that's the risk u need to weigh up for ur own well being. In my case this was my ex wife and I finally couldn't handle it anymore and pushed her for an answer to which she wanted a divorce. For me it was a bad move taking her back it reset my healing. What I learnt from that was once u break up and there's been months that have passed especially if there's pain the less likely the relationship can be healed or saved. The risk for u is that if she walks away u will have to go thru the pain of the break up all over again well at least I did.

• Author

Hey guys really want to thank you guys for actually reading my whole post and giving your opinions. Just a thing though on my life right now things are good I have my own things going and my time isn’t really all in with caring which way she goes I just had some time the other night and figured I see what other people have to say about it. I’ve learned my lesson of always having my own life and my own thing so to never get lost to much in someone else and jeprodize my mental and emotional well being