Why don't we end up with our soulmates?

"A soul mate is somebody who changes you. And then, sometimes, they have to leave because the intensity of the relationship is so much that you can’t actually have [stability]."

Why? Why do we not end up with those who teach us something that we couldn't have learned without having them in our lives?

Despite moving on with your life, do you ever still think about your "soulmate?" Even if you're genuinely happy with your significant other, do you still think about the "one who got away"?

The online dictionary describes soulmate as "a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner".

My personal view is that if they don't end up with you, then they aren't a soulmate.

• Like 1

It's a term to describe something that does not actually exist. Oneitis is a trap I think we all get trapped in when biochemistry does what it does to the human brain.

• Like 2
todreaminblue

in a world full of people,vast deserts, impossible mountains and deep oceans it is unlikely god would say yep this one is your one and only..you have to swim to bahgdad to find him...as a SOLE mate the word is even different....SOLE is not SOUL....

in maritime terminology of old ...soul was identified as being a whole PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL person...(there are fifty souls aboard the vessel).....

in today's dictionary as a noun a soul is classed as the principle of life in humans... thought and feelings in one distinct entity...i feel a soul mate is simply a match(mate) to another's thoughts feelings and also lifestyle of another...and there are definitely more than one mate for that.....soul mate is a spiritual term.....and i have met many who i have mated with...lol(matched) but...for whatever reason it wasnt the match i was after.....i do believe in matching for life.....and i do believe that sometimes we might feel we are with a match for life....but god knows other wise....i dont feel we should pine forever for love we leave behind.....thinkin its a one an only chance.....:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny: ....many rabbits.......many people.....many possible soul matches/......deb

Edited by todreaminblue

Good point and question. However I do believe u answered ur question in ur thread it's the intensity. In my case it's lasted yrs but timing was the main culprit.

Timing and because of the intense feelings we are immature in how to deal wth them and when tempers fly it blows up and we simply don't know how to put it back together again or the fight was so bad it cut too deep and the wound was deep and simply was done. Anyway that has been my experience. Do soulmates exist? To that I have to say yes it may not just be one. In my own life I have had 4. I call it locve wenu reall really fall in love wth someone the feelings are intense and mutual until it goes out of balance and one of u call it a day.