i love my ex gf. why play these games?

Alright so gonna make this long story short.

She dumped me about 5 months ago. Sadly, we do see each other as we go to the same school. Right after the break up, everybody notices the games she has played. Flirting with other guys, hot and cold and all that kind of stuff. she anticipated for me to chase.

Now she kinda does the same thing but in a very moody way.

She started giving dirty looks to any girl i talk too, facetime video calls me for like 2 rings, likes an instagram post. Her friends added me into a group chat where she was in it too.

Yesterday, I saw her in class. I was walking up to my friend who was talking about his relationship problems with her and her friend. All I heard was "I would never go back" from her. She made it loud too.

She seems really pissed off.

i also blocked her on instagram

Why is she behaving like this?

Welcome to the universe. Haha. I don't mean to be flippant because it's a pain like no other... But you can't second afford to begin second guessing other people's behaviour.

I would guess that she's doing it to get a 'rise' out of you. Which seems to be working. Some people get their kicks from creating emotion in others (be it positive or negative). It just validates their existence.

If you want her back, play it cool.

If you want to get over her, play it cool.

If you want her best friend, play it cool.

If you want to make her 'jealous', play it cool.

See the pattern?

Crack on with your life, oblivious to her behaviour and it sounds as if she make strike up a conversation. It may well be she's testing you to see if you still care (getting any emotion; anger, annoyance, upset...'proves' you care in her mind). The indifference you can offer her will show her true colours/intentions. If she wants you back...she'll make it more clear to the point where you won't need to ask on here (you'll just 'know'). And if she doesn't then at least you know. It takes two people to make it work. She needs to be fully on board or swimming in the sea.

Be cool. Best wishes.

She dumped me about 5 months ago. Sadly, we do see each other as we go to the same school. Right after the break up, everybody notices the games she has played. Flirting with other guys, hot and cold and all that kind of stuff. she anticipated for me to chase.

She started giving dirty looks to any girl i talk too, facetime video calls me for like 2 rings, likes an instagram post. Her friends added me into a group chat where she was in it too.

Yesterday, I saw her in class. I was walking up to my friend who was talking about his relationship problems with her and her friend. All I heard was "I would never go back" from her. She made it loud too.

Edited by A_New_Earth
  • Like 1

She's behaving like this because she is immature & she can't handle the fact that you are moving on. Her ego wants you to be continuously devastated that she broke up with you. Unfriend / unfollow her on all social media & ignore her in real life. If you don't play her game you will be better off.

• Like 3

It is more prevalant in younger women, but they like to try to have their previous fling chase them. They'll do almost anything to have someone chase them, they love the thrill. When you don't give into it, you're winning. You're literally winning a game you aren't even wanting to play.

My ex did the same thing, but when I ghosted her, it killed her. She couldn't stand it any more. She finally gave up, but I was just tired of her crap. I don't play games, I don't let others play games with me, and I would advise you to not either. She still cares, but she's trying to get you to chase her. When you don't, she tries to add fuel to the fire and make you want to.

Take it from me and others here, just move on and you'll have won the game that she can now no longer win because you are gone. You'll be happier in the end.

• Author
It is more prevalant in younger women, but they like to try to have their previous fling chase them. They'll do almost anything to have someone chase them, they love the thrill. When you don't give into it, you're winning. You're literally winning a game you aren't even wanting to play.

My ex did the same thing, but when I ghosted her, it killed her. She couldn't stand it any more. She finally gave up, but I was just tired of her crap. I don't play games, I don't let others play games with me, and I would advise you to not either. She still cares, but she's trying to get you to chase her. When you don't, she tries to add fuel to the fire and make you want to.

Take it from me and others here, just move on and you'll have won the game that she can now no longer win because you are gone. You'll be happier in the end.

Thanks so much. So she isn't over me. Huh. Quite interesting.

Honestly, it's been quite hard to get over her especially since we see each other all the time.

It is funny that you brought that up about younger women, because she is older than I am. But yeah.

• Author

So I met this woman from the gym who is older than I am with two kids. She was phenomenal and we hit it off to a great start that didn't last very long.

Anyways, she called it off wanting to have some space. I was heartbroken, and still am. Sadly, we do see each other twice a week or so.

After she had called it off, I tried to fight for her once. And then, I stopped and immediately went into 'no contact'. Right after the break up, she played a lot of games and everybody noticed it. The games she played were quite cruel I could say. But anyways, she started to flirt with other people in front of me, hot and cold, always stare, just really stupid games.. To add to this, she anticipated me to chase but I didn't. I just kept my cool.

I went through a lot during our break up because I really did love her and I still do.

Lately though, I have been able to focus more on myself than her. Doing the things I love to do, although I still do think about her quite a bit.

The things she does now:

She still stares at me, whenever I talk to a girl she would stare and also give the girl really dirty looks. Some time last month, she facetime video called me and it rang twice then hung up. She liked an instagram post of mine too.

Within the past few weeks though, I have been going on dates with a girl to try and get over my ex. I would post it on instagram story and stuff.

Then, she started having a really dumb and bad attitude at the gym. I got so fed up with it that I finally blocked her on all social media. Regardless, that didn't stop her from having a nasty attitude. It just became nastier.

Can someone elaborate her behavior? It bothers me why she is so angry.

I have no idea why she's acting like this. Consider rearranging your workout schedule to avoid her.

• Author
Keep away from single mothers. . . they're crazy 'alpha widows' ,hopelessly crazy

how do you know? yeah she is quite crazy so far.

It's weird sometimes. But, our Ex's don't want us, but they don't want anybody else having us either.

They don't want us surpassing them in our healing.

• Author

It's been 5 months since my ex broke up with me. It was very difficult to deal with in the beginning as she played a lot of mind games. Everybody sees it. It's quite difficult. Some of the things she did was flirt with other guys infront of me, hot and cold, and all of that stuff.

I'll admit, it destroyed me quite hard. Only now am I slowly recovering but it will take a while as we see each other like twice a week because of class.

Anyways, this month, she stares at any girl I talk too. When the girl is all alone, she gives them dirty looks and completely ignores them. Will be completely obnoxious, attention seeking, and kinda grumpy. She has facetime video call me but she let it ring twice then hang up, liked my instagram post and all that stuff. She tried to grab my attention.

What threw me off was last night, she was in a super good mood. Not being disrespectful to anybody or anything like that. I am hurt to be honest.

I anticipate her wanting me to chase but honestly, due to my past relationships with other women, I have chased and no success came out of it. I did care for her and I still do love her. It's hard that I continously have to see her all the time. It gets annoying and frustrating.

She tried to grab my attention.

Six words sum up your post, dude. Welcome to the crazy world of exes that are still on the scene. You have to see her, but you don't have to acknowledge her. Block her everywhere you can and no doubt she'll try even harder to enforce those six words above. Don't let her get to you. Because she's trying...and it's working. If your life depends on her state of mind/mood/actions...you end up like a kite in the wind not knowing which direction you're a about to blown. Ignore he as much as is humanly possible. She'll soon show her true intentions...

Peace.

Often times when we are rejected or do the rejection we have an ego about such things. If you get rejected your ego gets crushed, we don;t often miss the relationship or person like we think we do we are nursing a hurt ego.

Some people will do the dumping, and still have a hurt ego when the dumpee moves on or stops showing the dumper interest. It blows their ego up when they know dumpees are pining away for them or they know the dumpee could be a PLAN B.

Egos are often not mentioned when we talk about our broken hearts, often times we think it's a broken heart but it's our ego.

"How could this person tell me they would never hurt me and then leave me for someone else out of the blue?"

^that's most likely the ego and not love, your ego suffers from rejection.

I'm sorry man, that's tough. If you still have to see her a lot then that's no fun either. Have you thought about limiting your contact with her or not contacting her at all? Also, placing a guard on your thoughts help and remember all the mind games she played with you. Ugh. There are certainly quality women out there in the world that don't that. You sound like a good guy so go find a gal who respect you. Best wishes man!

• Author

I met this woman where we 'kinda work in the same place'. She is 10 years older than I am with two kids. Got into a 'fwb' relationship, but we were more like an actual relationship. She broke it off to 'focus on herself'. She anticipated me to chase. Fortunately, I didn't. She broke it up 5 months ago.

Anyways, right after the break-up I was devastated. She played a lot of games with me. She was hot & cold, flirted with a colleague of mine (who she knows i look up too), and always stared. So yeah, other people even noticed the games she played. There were other things that she did but I just tried to remain in no contact and focused on myself.

Lately though, within this past month and a half, her behavior has been off the charts. Any girl I would talk too, she would stare and even give them dirty looks. She has liked an 'instagram post' i had posted up, i missed a facetime call from her at 12:15am, and just like other stuff. Also, her FRIEND put me in an instagram group chat with her and 3 other people.

After sometime, I finally had the strength to block her from my social media. Right after that block, she had a very negative attitude.

To be honest, only within the past 48 hours have I really felt like I miss her so much. I feel really sad. I know logically she aint right for me. Those mind games that she had played really screwed me up. I don't know what to do or even how to get through it.

I know I am typing a lot but I really hope someone can give me their opinion on things. Absolutely anything like what is up with her behavior and how can I get over it?

There’s a strong possibility that the fact she is 10 years older than you with a couple of kids and single and how she is treating you is connected.

Hint: absolute psycho

• Like 1
  • Author
I'm sorry man, that's tough. If you still have to see her a lot then that's no fun either. Have you thought about limiting your contact with her or not contacting her at all? Also, placing a guard on your thoughts help and remember all the mind games she played with you. Ugh. There are certainly quality women out there in the world that don't that. You sound like a good guy so go find a gal who respect you. Best wishes man!

I don't talk to her at all when I see her. She's been blocked on everything.

• Author

She broke up with me about 5 months ago. I struggle to get over her. I see her about twice a week.

Right after the break up, she played mad mind games with me. Everybody noticed it. It was so obvious. She still does it. She really wanted me to chase her and give her attention.

It's hard to get over her especially since we see each other about twice a week.

The games she played right after the break up:

Flirted with my colleagues

Hot and cold

Staring

(These are to name the few)

Her games lately:

Stares at any girl I talk too

Gives those girls dirty looks

Liked an instagram post

Facetime Video Called me at midnight. Rang twice then stopped.

Her friends added me into a group chat with her in it.

(All I can remember at the moment)

It's tough for me to get over her because I genuinely did love her. I don't even know what to do.

All I have been doing is acting indifferent and focusing on my own thing. Minding my own business. That's about it.

In my humble opinion, you have to stop seeing her. There's no way around this. For those trying to get over an ex while maintaining contact, even if it's limited, I don't envy you. That would drive me insane, literally. I believe you said in an earlier post that you go to the same gym. Change gyms or stop going for a while. It's a no brainer really.

• Author
In my humble opinion, you have to stop seeing her. There's no way around this. For those trying to get over an ex while maintaining contact, even if it's limited, I don't envy you. That would drive me insane, literally. I believe you said in an earlier post that you go to the same gym. Change gyms or stop going for a while. It's a no brainer really.

Thank you for your haste response. Unfortunately, I can't switch gyms. There is something specific in that gym that I cant get anywhere else.