LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

A potential breakthrough?!

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By MadMax20
  • 2 Post By Jt93

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th October 2017, 6:53 PM   #1

A potential breakthrough?!

Hi everybody! I haven't put anything in the forums for a while, but I dealt with a breakup after a 7 year relationship. She ended it via text and I was the dumpee. I've been going NC for almost 4 months now (No it hasn't been easy lol).

But today is the first day where I felt INDIFFERENT about the whole thing. I've been working out a lot, lost 15 lbs so far, I've been seeing a therapist, and writing in a journal. It's been helping A LOT.

I just want everybody to know that it DOES get easier. Even when you feel like it's not. I'm a grown man, and I cried everyday for a month. It's okay to grieve, but that pain WILL subside.

Keep pushing on my fellow dumpees! There's light at the end of your tunnel, just keep walking in the right direction. You'll see it one day!
MadMax20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2017, 4:46 AM   #2

hey Max,

Keep up the great work, i just wanted to echo you. ive been split up 4 and a half months and NC for nearly 4 and it is getting easier but the feelings of anger and pain are reducing, but the want of companionship and loneliness are getting higher, even though i have a close group of friends but i think thats because of what i was used to in my life during my 5 year relationship.

Are you feeling similar?
Jt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 4:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jt93 View Post
hey Max,

Keep up the great work, i just wanted to echo you. ive been split up 4 and a half months and NC for nearly 4 and it is getting easier but the feelings of anger and pain are reducing, but the want of companionship and loneliness are getting higher, even though i have a close group of friends but i think thats because of what i was used to in my life during my 5 year relationship.

Are you feeling similar?
Yes I feel similar sometimes! It's getting easier, but i'm not at 100% yet. I say that to say, that sometimes, yes, I do have a flash of anger, and some occasional sadness. I get a little lonely too. I'm a HUGE introvert, but sometimes I do have the desire to be around people, due to the companionship and loneliness that you talked about.

I wish there was a magical formula that could make this all better instantly, but then again, there can be some serious growth taking place during those moments of pain.. So as strange as it may sound, I actually appreciate it sometimes!
Old 10th October 2017, 11:49 AM   #4
Established Member

Thank you so much for sharing this and letting others know there's hope.
I got dumped by my fiance of 5 years.
Day 17 of no contact and life is a disaster.
cocoa342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2017, 1:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa342 View Post
Thank you so much for sharing this and letting others know there's hope.
I got dumped by my fiance of 5 years.
Day 17 of no contact and life is a disaster.
I remember when I was at day 17.. Life felt like it wasn't even worth living anymore, honestly. But NOW, Things are making sense. Give it time. Time is special and when you let things run their course, things start to get better. After awhile, you wont get hit so hard by those "waves" of the new reality. Accepting that new reality that you are single and that they are no longer there is HARD. But it's okay to struggle for awhile. We can't experience triumph and victory if we don't know what it feels like to struggle. KEEP PUSHING!!!!