LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Dumped after 3 years of an amazing relationship

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2017, 9:16 PM   #31

I had a similar hope that my ex would contact me around a month later since she would have finished her exams at that time and had a break but of course I did not hear anything from her. I just realized that it has already been over 100 days since she last messaged me. I'm really starting to think that maybe I wont hear from her for the rest of my life which is sad but then again I am not the one throwing it all away. I found that thinking about the fact that they are willing to just dissapear and not care about you helps me realize that they're not the same person anymore and that I should stop thinking about them. They're not willing to fight for the relationship so they're not worth it. Of course you can't just completely forget them so that is the part that is hard.
OutKast100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2017, 4:30 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian8 View Post
Well, thought I'd do a quick update again. My birthday came and went, it was fun and I hung out with good friends. But in some ways it has also led me to regress on my healing process by a lot. At least that's what it feels like. I didn't break no contact still and I'm at 5 weeks now, but it's not really getting any easier.

I think part of me was hoping she'd contact me for my birthday, but she didn't. I guess in some ways that's good because it doesn't hurt me as much as it would to see that text on my phone, but at the same time I was hoping she would send it. At least I would know shes thinking about me or something like that. i think I built up that day in my mind and when it didnt happen I was disappointed. I thought maybe she'd miss me. Stupid mind playing tricks on me I guess. That hope has really set me back in terms of healing now though. I feel as anxious as I was the first couple of weeks. I guess maybe its sinking in that maybe she really wont come back. I just wish the pain would stop. I just want to live life normally, but I keep thinking, and i keep feeling anxious. My sleeps suffers from it too.
Hi,

Weird thing to do here but I really wanted to maintain contact with you. Luckily your screen name was findable. I remember talking to you about your issues. PM isn't available here or I would have sent one.

My account on that other place got deactivated for some reason and I wanted to see if there was a way to stay in contact ... just letting you know. Anyhow, email me if you get this.

(Sorry mods: This person is a friend of mine I made recently and I lost contact with him on another site due to my account having issues and I lost my information. Is it possible for me to get PM privileges? Or at least to keep my email in my signature? It's a throwaway)

Last edited by The_North_Star_1986; 20th October 2017 at 4:51 AM..
The_North_Star_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2017, 11:05 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_North_Star_1986 View Post
Hi,

Weird thing to do here but I really wanted to maintain contact with you. Luckily your screen name was findable. I remember talking to you about your issues. PM isn't available here or I would have sent one.

My account on that other place got deactivated for some reason and I wanted to see if there was a way to stay in contact ... just letting you know. Anyhow, email me if you get this.

(Sorry mods: This person is a friend of mine I made recently and I lost contact with him on another site due to my account having issues and I lost my information. Is it possible for me to get PM privileges? Or at least to keep my email in my signature? It's a throwaway)
OMG God bless you I've been looking everywhere for you I even posted a thread on steam. I will send you an email immediately. You don't know how happy I am dude thank you for finding me.
Octavian8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2017, 8:51 PM   #34

So were there any updates with your situation?
Old 21st October 2017, 12:33 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian8 View Post
OMG God bless you I've been looking everywhere for you I even posted a thread on steam. I will send you an email immediately. You don't know how happy I am dude thank you for finding me.
Glad to know you found me

- TheNorthStar1986

Last edited by The_North_Star_1986; 21st October 2017 at 12:37 AM..
The_North_Star_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2017, 7:04 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutKast100 View Post
So were there any updates with your situation?
I haven't posted in a while as I am still in Europe but I'll do a quick update now. It's been 8 weeks as of today since I saw her last so it seems appropriate (It will be 8 weeks NC as of Tuesday). I can't believe it's been that long honestly. I can't really believe she hasn't reached out in over 50 days, and that it all meant so little to her in the end. Some days are pretty good now and I manage to block out thoughts, but some days like today (I'd say a majority of days) it still hits me. I have this lingering feeling of frustration and a sense that something great was wasted and lost. I spend some days thinking about what she could be doing, who she's with, if she's found someone else and other thoughts that I keep torturing myself with.

It's starting to get annoying, although I'm at a point where I can probably function relatively normally, although I'm still really disappointed with how it all turned out. My biggest hurdle is probably overcoming blaming myself for her breaking up with me. When I'm able to think it was her issue then I feel somewhat better but when I start thinking I wasn't good enough and it's my fault and things like that I fall back into despair. The urge to contact is manageable some days but some days I really wanna just send her a message or I think all day about writing a letter or something and what I would want to say. I just miss her I guess. I wish she'd come back but it doesn't look like thats gonna happen.
Old 29th October 2017, 3:41 PM   #37

I am at the 4 month mark today and i can relate to what you're saying. Do not think about any regrets as to how you could have done things differently, it will torture you to think about it. In the end, if they really cared enough to make the relationship work then they would have. Some of these things just can't be controlled and it is better to think that it is not you who could have saved it, but it is them who walked away. My ex did not ask how I am doing for 4 months, not a single message. One thing that bothers me is maybe that she is too embarressed to say anything, since my whole family knows about my situation and she would be too ashamed to ever face it. I just can't understand how someone so loving and caring could just change completely like that. I know that they are hurting somewhat as well, and they know that messaging us would not make things better. I dont really have a desire to date anyone else at the moment so one of the main problems is facing the loneliness. I used to debate whether or not to reach out at the 2 month mark and earlier but now I have absolute no desire to ever reach out to her first. It should always be the dumper who needs to reach out first if they want to make it work.
Old 9th November 2017, 2:53 PM   #38

Gonna do another update here. Got back from my trip to Europe a couple days ago. I bought the tickets before the breakup so that I'd be back the day before her birthday, so needless to say the return has hit me like a ton of bricks. I've been hit with a big wave of anxiety and fought the urge to contact her for her birthday and it hasn't been pleasant at all. Its been over 2 months now, probably close to 10 weeks actually I haven't been keeping count of the days recently.

My two main struggles right now are that I am still having lots of feelings of self blame. Like, if only I had started looking for work earlier or showed more of an effort or something, maybe this wouldn't have happened. I keep thinking about what I could've done, or what I did wrong and its really killing me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with feelings and thoughts of self blame?

Also I've been dealing with urges to break no contact and try to see if she is willing to work something out. I don't know if it's a good idea to try or not, but lately I've been feeling like I have to do something, if I don't do anything nothing will happen. Does anyone who has read my story think it's a good idea at all? I'm not sure what to do anymore, but since coming back from my trip I've been getting the feeling like I have to.
Old 9th November 2017, 4:11 PM   #39

You have been doing a great job with no contact for 10 weeks now, don't throw it all away for someone who dumped you just because they wanted to explore their options and basically say that you're not good enough for them.

Trust me I also used to have urges to contact my ex but I did not do it and I felt great about it after. Feelings change all the time. One day you're sad and want to reach out and you miss her terribly, and then the next you have this feeling of hope which gives you happiness about your future. Don't reach out to her just because you are going through a period of sadness. Stay strong throughout this process and look back at how far you have gotten already. You will be fine.

You owe her absolutely nothing and she does not deserve your attention. You already tried to make it work but she still walked away. If she wanted to make it work then she would have contacted you back by now. Don't you think that if she really wanted to be with you then she would have said something already? Do you really think that she would want to be back with you but is only holding out because she is waiting for you to say something? No, that is not happening and if theres a very slim chance that it is then screw her since that is a terrible reason not to make it work with someone. What does it say about her that she is willing to go this long without even checking up on you once? She is not the same person anymore. That relationship is dead and you need to come to terms with this.

Don't ever contact her first and trust me that this urge will go away with time. If you ever come close to contacting her then do something to avoid it. Watch a video on how to resist the urge to contact your ex, go workout and get some endorphins, write out a list of things that you don't like about her, go hang out with friends or just write the response here and never send it to her. Remind yourself of how she treated you those last few days together since that is now the person who she is.

Don't blame yourself for anything. Breakups happen all the time. Think about how many relationships you have been aware of in your life and how many of them have failed. Pretty much all of them did, maybe like 90% if I had to bet so dealing with a break up is normal. It is not your fault, you did not cheat on her, you did not abuse her, you have been a good boyfriend from what I have read so it is her LOSS. You will eventually move on from this one way or another. I have a strong feeling that she will contact you again eventually but don't hold out any hope for it. Just remember that 10 weeks is still fresh and some people can take 6-12 months just to say hi to someone after a breakup so you should maintain no contact and try to move on. The more that time passes, the easier it will become and when enough time has passed then you will look back at this situation and be disgusted with her behaviour to just walk away from you like that. I mean think about it, let's say that she messages you and wants to make it work, then can you truthfully say that you would feel the exact same way about her as you did before? Would you not have some doubts that maybe she will walk away from you again? There are so many people out there for you so you do not need to waste your life thinking about someone who doesn't want you.

You are wrong by stating that if you do nothing then nothing will happen. False. By not contacting her you are one step closer to being over her. You are one step closer to never having to worry about her again or what she is doing. You are one step closer to finding someone better. If you contact her then you will risk throwing away this progress. Stick to no contact and you will be fine.
Old 9th November 2017, 7:35 PM   #40
Established Member

I agree with everyone else

Do not contact her and start all over again! I promise you that if she wanted to contact you and reason with you she would find you !! She knows where to find you, she has your email, your cell phone number, your face space account, your address !! Trust me... move on !
Purepony is offline   Reply With Quote