Why is this bothering me??

I recently posted about how me and my ex had an argument and he ignored me for 3 weeks, then text me out of the blue.

I ignored his texts for a week until he text me a farewell text. I cracked and text him back asking him to call me. We talked and he said he wasn't mad about the argument he just thought I needed a break because I had a lot going on. During the phone call he called me bud.

He's been sending me short texts everyday to ask how I'm doing and I've been responding :mad:. He hasn't talked about reconciling or if we're still together. I felt the urge to ask him where we're at in the r/ship but I held back thinking he called me bud so that explains it.

After a few back and forth texts for the last one week, I decided I can't do this anymore. I don't understand why I'm feeling awful about the whole thing when I've already made up my mind I don't want him back anyway, does this make sense to anyone?

I recently posted about how me and my ex had an argument and he ignored me for 3 weeks, then text me out of the blue.

I ignored his texts for a week until he text me a farewell text. I cracked and text him back asking him to call me. We talked and he said he wasn't mad about the argument he just thought I needed a break because I had a lot going on. During the phone call he called me bud.

He's been sending me short texts everyday to ask how I'm doing and I've been responding :mad:. He hasn't talked about reconciling or if we're still together. I felt the urge to ask him where we're at in the r/ship but I held back thinking he called me bud so that explains it.

After a few back and forth texts for the last one week, I decided I can't do this anymore. I don't understand why I'm feeling awful about the whole thing when I've already made up my mind I don't want him back anyway, does this make sense to anyone?

he just thought I needed a break because I had a lot going on -- If it were me, I'd be pissed off that HE was trying to tell ME what I needed instead of having a conversation and actually communicating.

bud. -- That's a pretty condescending reference, IMO.

he said he wasn't mad about the argument -- Well, I'd hate to see what would have happened if he had been . . .

Did he actually ignore you? I mean did you reach out to him and he didn't respond or did you both just not reach out?

Yeah. Bud could mean anything. Could mean he wants to be just a buddy who has sex. Who knows. But you're over it and that's for the best, so just tell him you're over it and moving on and block him and stay away from his social media so you don't dwell and he doesn't use it to tweak you.

• Author
he just thought I needed a break because I had a lot going on -- If it were me, I'd be pissed off that HE was trying to tell ME what I needed instead of having a conversation and actually communicating.

bud. -- That's a pretty condescending reference, IMO.

he said he wasn't mad about the argument -- Well, I'd hate to see what would have happened if he had been . . .

Did he actually ignore you? I mean did you reach out to him and he didn't respond or did you both just not reach out?

We had a petty argument over the phone about who said what....the next day I reached out to apologize as I realized I had snapped at him. After that apology he never called or text me, at first I thought he needed a few days to cool off but a week later I accepted that he had broken up with me and didn't reach out.