No closure

How do you deal with no closure after a break up? It was a bad ending after a short relationship but there's been no contact for 2 weeks now...I'm still hoping for closure but it's not going to happen. I'm coming to the terms that she has officially moved on.....not to get into too many details about the relationship but really need to get over wanting closure.

any thoughts on this? How to have peace of mind with no "real" ending....the break up wasn't necessarily blind sided because it was building up, but after the I'm done part we haven't spoke. The closure is honestly the reality of the situation which I do agree on, but anyone have anything else to add in? I really just want this over with

Those are always the toughest breakups because you wonder what the heck happened, but I bet if you look at few weeks leading up to it you can see wgere the problems started coming in. But in reality, its been my experience that closure does not help you grieve the loss of a relationship anymore. It may temporarily relieve your anxiety about the breakup, but in the longrun it wont help you heal any faster or differently. I know its hard. But you'll get through it.

Same thing happened to me. What I understand now is no closure is a closure on its own way too. This person doesn't have the empathy to take your feelings into consideration this only shows their character, it's disrespectful to the core. How can you do that when they claimed you are the love of their life. It was really painful for a month but I don't care for closure now, that person just didn't give a damnn so why would I waste my precious enegery trying to figure it out? They don't deserve that kind of attention... My two cents

• Like 1

I'm going through the same thing right now. Good friend of 24 years, intense 6 month relationship. Changed from "I love you" to I can't do this anymore in hours. When I asked why I got a diatribe about how I'm a loser she can't worry about lol. 2 days later it was "I have a drug problem" from a girl who gets mad if I smoke pot. Week later it was "I'm damaged".

I did what an above poster did, I looked back and came to the conclusion I was a rebound for her and she is not who I thought she was.

Even if you get closure it's temporary. As of now I am compartmentalizing it as "she used me forget her". It works great until she contacts me.

I'm not sure what to do other than move on and get through my anger.