Who's having a one year breakup anniversary?

I keep reading about people having one year past since their breakup. Curious who has and how you are doing.

I had mine yesterday (when she moved out though technically it was earlier in the week via FaceTime)

I'm doing much better, but not as good as before I met her. I'll get there. I miss what we had more than I miss her. My brain remembered that day (one of the worst of my life) and showcased a particularly realistic nightmare for me to enjoy which hasn't happened in months.

I had an urge to reach out but I won't. Looking forward to getting over this for good.

How about you?

• Like 1
I keep reading about people having one year past since their breakup. Curious who has and how you are doing.

I had mine yesterday (when she moved out though technically it was earlier in the week via FaceTime)

I'm doing much better, but not as good as before I met her. I'll get there. I miss what we had more than I miss her. My brain remembered that day (one of the worst of my life) and showcased a particularly realistic nightmare for me to enjoy which hasn't happened in months.

I had an urge to reach out but I won't. Looking forward to getting over this for good.

How about you?

Me lol later this month much better but because we work together it's kinda prolonged the healing. Too many reminders and see too much but ye compared to a yr ago much better. Have my days whee it stings here and there

• Author
Me lol later this month much better but because we work together it's kinda prolonged the healing. Too many reminders and see too much but ye compared to a yr ago much better. Have my days whee it stings here and there

Working with them is the worst. I had this one girl I dated for a year and it took two years to get over her because we worked together.

I had no safe heaven- her sister lived in my town so no matter where I was I feared I would run into her. And I did a lot at work.

But, I'll say that since we are feeling better after a year with the recent ones it stands to reason we will continue to feel better and hopefully reach indifference sooner rather than later.

• Author
I am having a 1 year break up anniversary! 1 year yesterday, I still miss him and love him everyday.

Sorry to hear that. How long did you date? Are you in NC?

Hey,

I'm not at 1 year juuust yet, but will be in October.

I remember you guys from nearly a year ago, helping me out.

Would like to thank both SevenCity and GoodGuy! You both commented on my posts giving good support!

I also work with my ex. I found out 2 weeks ago she started dating another collague under 1 month after she dumped me. I am soooooo glad I found that out this much later!

Now I am doing fine! I finally saw what she really was like, finally i releazied she wasn't the one, she wasn't special, and she definetly didn't deserve to be on the pedestal I put her on!

These days I'm doing me, playing video games (wich I have barely done in years), working out, my best friend moved to an appartment just next to me.

I feel life is good! I can feel that I'm getting there! I rarely think about my ex. I have good friends, I have alot planned for this autumn; concerts, partys, trips.

I have reached the stage where I'm embarrased about the desperate moves I did back when the breakup was fresh.

Guys, we're all gonna be alright! Everything works out in the end! We come out of this as stronger human beings, with more experience!

• Author
Hey,

I'm not at 1 year juuust yet, but will be in October.

I remember you guys from nearly a year ago, helping me out.

Would like to thank both SevenCity and GoodGuy! You both commented on my posts giving good support!

I also work with my ex. I found out 2 weeks ago she started dating another collague under 1 month after she dumped me. I am soooooo glad I found that out this much later!

Now I am doing fine! I finally saw what she really was like, finally i releazied she wasn't the one, she wasn't special, and she definetly didn't deserve to be on the pedestal I put her on!

These days I'm doing me, playing video games (wich I have barely done in years), working out, my best friend moved to an appartment just next to me.

I feel life is good! I can feel that I'm getting there! I rarely think about my ex. I have good friends, I have alot planned for this autumn; concerts, partys, trips.

I have reached the stage where I'm embarrased about the desperate moves I did back when the breakup was fresh.

Guys, we're all gonna be alright! Everything works out in the end! We come out of this as stronger human beings, with more experience!

Awesome progress! Good for you brother and glad we could offer help.

BrokenHeartedMan89

Hi Seven City,

Likewise, you aided me some time ago, so thank you for your help.

I had my year breakup anniversary a couple of months back. The pain of the week seemed to bring the pain of the previous year straight back, the break up felt fresh and i went and walked ... balling my eyes out.

But that too passed, no contact maintained, my heart continues to mend.

That first year was the hardest as all I could do was reflect back on the fun and love of what happened in the year previous. At least moving forward you can reflect back on how much you've improved on where you were a year before instead of haunting memories.

Life goes on, happiness comes from within and perspective, not out of relationships.

• Author
Hi Seven City,

Likewise, you aided me some time ago, so thank you for your help.

I had my year breakup anniversary a couple of months back. The pain of the week seemed to bring the pain of the previous year straight back, the break up felt fresh and i went and walked ... balling my eyes out.

But that too passed, no contact maintained, my heart continues to mend.

That first year was the hardest as all I could do was reflect back on the fun and love of what happened in the year previous. At least moving forward you can reflect back on how much you've improved on where you were a year before instead of haunting memories.

Life goes on, happiness comes from within and perspective, not out of relationships.

It makes me feel great that I am able to help others as others have helped me.

Glad to hear you are moving forward! And yes, the feeling of when it first happened was something I will never forget.

I made it though my week (well almost) and feel better than I did last weekend.

The memories still hurt, but aren't as painful and don't last as long.

Keep pushing forward!

Had a breakup nearly 4 yrs ago, I still miss him and feel sad about but I'm doing fine, much better.

The breakup from over 1 year ago - still hurts a lot and I am pretty messed up by it. I have made progress but I am still a wreck.