After 2,5 years she suddenly breakup with me.

Hello, I will try to describe my situation.

I was with my girlfriend for almost 2,5 years. We started dating when she was almost 15 (I know, it is very young age). She was always kinda cynical and hysteric, so when there was a small issue, she would just literally freak out and cry, but I was ok with that and everytime I tried to support her. We were both kinda couch potatoes, just chilling at my place, watching TV, playing board games, and we both really enjoyed it, I've could seen the happiness in her eyes. Of course we weren't spending all our time together at home, we were going out, sometimes going on trips, but usually we were at home together. But there was a problem, she hadn't much friends. She was with me or with her best female friend and then she was only at home, she hadn't some group of friends like me. She was unable to be with her classmates, because according to her, they were all idiots and she didnt like their behavior.

About 1,5 month before out breakup, she went for exchange to Germany and there she finally joined some group of friends (despite the fact, that half of the group were people from her class she used to totally hate, weird though). When she came back, she was kinda different. She started to act differently towards me. But at the same time parents started divorcing and I knew how cinycal and hysteric she was, and how hard is going to be to deal with this situation for her so a thought, that all her behavior is because of the divorce. After 2 weeks she was still weird I discussed it with her, and she told me, that the situation at home is really bad now, but her behavior has nothing to do with me. But acted weird, even after another 2 weeks. Then she told me, she used to be happier in our relationship and its slightly becoming a routine. I told her, that we can improve it together, we can do something new, but i was at the moment I was preparing for my school leaving exams, so I hadnt much time, so I told her, that after my exams, we can do whatever we want and whatever she wants, she can bring up some ideas as well as me. A proceeded with studying, but she was still acting colder and colder, even her SMS were shorter. During this 1,5 month I was very kind to her and tried to show her, how much I love her, so maybe, I acted a little bit clingy. But she used to love kinda clingy behavior. Through the 2 years we were together, everytime me or her were acting clingy, we found that cute and were completely ok with that, so our "clingy" behavior was mutual. So I dont know, if this was what i did wrong.

(have to say, that during that 1,5 month we hadnt lot of intimacy and we had no sex, I saw she was sad, so I didnt want to force her to have sex.

Then, a couple of hours after i successfuly (with best results at school) finished my exams, she said she doesnt feel anything to me and she want to break up. I was totally miserable. I didnt beg, plead or anything. I just walked away with dignity. Sad is, that couple of dáš before break up, she asked me for all my studing materials for school leaving exams, she asked me to teach her math to final test, she asked me to advise her which new Phone she should buy, and she asked me to help her brother, because she totally failed exams. I did everything.

She immediately started partying. And after 1,5 month she went on summer camp (we both are working here, but in different times). She met here a guy (he is 24 she is 17) and after a few days they ended up in bed. I feel really like a crap. I dont know, what I did wrong.

I dont know, what I did wrong.

You didn't do anything wrong. She decided she didn't want you any more. That's all.

Sorry to say, it happens, especially when you're so young.

Possibly something happened on her German exchange, but she didn't want to dump you before your exams so she waited til they were over.

You didn't do anything wrong. Young love is rarely forever love. She wanted to see more of the world, meet new people & explore. It wasn't about you

She was probably a lovely high school GF but now it's time for you to explore the world too. Yes, it sucks that you are hurt but you will recover & you will live to love again. Have a little faith.

For now concentrate on your own healing & school. Hang with your friends. Take up a new hobby. Have fun.

Happens all the time on these forums must be the age thing. And I agree wth the others you didn't do anything wrong. I'm starting to suspect it's certain personality types that are like this just happy to jump from one person to another. She doesn't know a good thing and sounds easily distracted and bored

• Author
Happens all the time on these forums must be the age thing. And I agree wth the others you didn't do anything wrong. I'm starting to suspect it's certain personality types that are like this just happy to jump from one person to another. She doesn't know a good thing and sounds easily distracted and bored

You are probably right, before me she had 2 BF. And it is true, when she break up with her ex, she started very soon dating me, but unlike with her new boyfriend, we already knew each other and we were in contact quite often.

Thank you all for your answers and opinions. It really cheers me up. She is young, and that's the thing.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

Unfortunately, nearly all very young loves come to an end. She's too young for anything serious, so please don't take it too personally. I know, easier said than done.

You both still have your whole lives ahead of you, and I promise you will date others before you find the one special woman for you.

Dude, you didn't do anything wrong. But, you don't owe her anything either. So, you doing all that extra stuff for her after the break-up was unnecessary.

Think of it this way. You have to look at a relationship like a job. She fired you. She told you that your services as boyfriend are no long required. Now, if you got fired from a real job, do you show up at work on Monday and start working for free? NO!!!! You dust off that resume and you start looking for a new job and never look back.

• Author
Dude, you didn't do anything wrong. But, you don't owe her anything either. So, you doing all that extra stuff for her after the break-up was unnecessary.

Think of it this way. You have to look at a relationship like a job. She fired you. She told you that your services as boyfriend are no long required. Now, if you got fired from a real job, do you show up at work on Monday and start working for free? NO!!!! You dust off that resume and you start looking for a new job and never look back.

Maybe i wrote it wrong, but it wasnt after the breakup up, it was 2-3 days before breakup. I feel like she used me before she dumped me. And of course after the breakup she asked for another thing to do for her, but I refused.