Cheaters

I watch the TV show "Cheaters" because I work from home and need some background noise. What I have learned over the years is that both spouses can lie so easily. I have seen a spouse half naked in bed with the other person, talking on the phone to their spouse and lying about where they are.

Then when caught they deny. Just friends, nothing happened, and they get outraged that they were followed by private investigates. I just heard a cheating wife tell her husband that she is mad at him for having someone following her. She exclaimed, "Why didn't you trust me." How stupid is that. The person who broke the trust wants to know why their spouse did not trust them.

Then when they see the explicit videos, the cheating partner will either claim it is trick photography, someone else, or express outrage at being videotaped making out with the other person. When the proof is undeniable, they change tactics and blame their spouse for always being at work or not doing this or that when they are living off of the income of the non cheating spouse. Of course they all blame the non cheating spouse for forcing her to cheat.

I find it interesting and true based on my ex fiance and a girlfriend who cheated on me that most will not accept that they are at fault. They both blamed it on me. I was not there. I know I was not there, I was in combat fighting for my life in Vietnam so that we could afford to get married and have my college tuition paid for by Uncle Sam. The other said she did not get enough sex from me. We had sex 2-3 times a day and she would still go out and have sex with one or two other men before she came home. Even that was not enough for her anymore so she started asking me and my friends to gang bang her. To make matters worst, she secretly was dating a friend of mine whose view on women was that they were sex objects to be degraded. He was short, not good looking and had hair all over his body. She dated him when living with me. Then she had the nerve to ask me to impregnate her after I kicked her out. The reason, my genes. She said I was very good looking, had a high IQ and a good sense of humor. Yet, she cheated on me with a guy who treated her like a sl*t.

I firmly believe to have a healthy amount of distrust in everyone. I have been hurt by very religious people too. Funny thing is that the SOB's who you would think not to trust, ended up being trustworthy. It is the ones with the smile and appear to be good people, loved ones, etc., that you need to keep an eye on and not accept every excuse they give you for coming home late, coming home without their panties, lipstick on their collar of smelling of a man,s cologne or woman's perfume, etc.. I have met both husband and wives who stated that their spouse would never cheat on them when I knew that they did and not just once but every time they were on a business trip with me and with men and women from work.

Healthy mistrust is like surfing the web. You presume that most sites you visit are virus free but if you see something that does not look right, you avoid it.

BTW, my psychologist friend was divorced by his wife. Me ex fiance cheated on the guy she was cheating with on me. Became hooked on drugs, suffered mental illness and then cheated on her husband of 10 years with a woman she is now married to. The other ex girlfriend got hooked on crack, became a prostitute and then a stripper with a crack addicted daughter. I guess the baby got he genes and those of some unknown man. She ended up marrying a lap dance customer 20 years older than her. If only they did not cheat on me they lives would have been much different.

Edited by Steve51

Used to watch that show a lot too...the only words that came to mind each time was "Americans are loony".

Then again look at how quickly Tinder and most dating apps like it turned from USA's best dating app to a hookup app. Why? Well your guess is as good as mine. All i'm saying is....people....yeah...dont expect too much.

Just my opinion :)

I saw that show once, it is terrible. They basically got a guy so wound up and primed him for a fight, then set him loose in a ridiculous environment where the gf was with the other guy. It's pretty clear the best course of action was to walk away from his cheating gf, but no, they had to force a confrontation for the show and make a big physical fight with the other guy in a public place.

Either it's staged/scripted, or the production team are totally abusing the guy emotionally and using his situation to generate absurd scenarios and viewing figures.

Yep I've had bad experiences wth woman similar to urea lost a lot of trust in them. Had a partner cheat wth a close friend no friend anymore and the most recent ex left all her kids long story but we work together left me and started seeing a work colleague after saying she'd never leave me I was her soulmate yarda yarda yarda all bs in the end. Thankfully this colleague left and went overseas. Someone once told me woman are a necessary evil I started to believe it till I found this sight and see it happens to both we must just not see the signs and red flags I should have seen it wth this most recent ex after she left her 1st kid but she told me how much she regretted doing that and then does it again. And I still feel sorry for her she deserves no symthapy believe me.

The thing I learned is three things.

First ACTIONS speak louder then words. People can say anything but do their actions match what they are saying?

Your gut feeling. ALWAYS trust it. 9 times out of 10 if you would have followed your gut you wouldn't have run into a lot of the issues down the road.

I dated this woman and things moved really fast. My gut told me something wasn't right and months down the road I caught her cheating. If I had gone with my gut instinct I wouldnt have had to go thru all of that.

And third. You have to have boundaries. Things that you expect someone to comply with-like not lying to you,respecting you etc. If someone crosses those boundaries they should be done. But too often we give them the benefit of the doubt.

Used to watch that show a lot too...the only words that came to mind each time was "Americans are loony".

Speaking as an American I can't argue that one!

• Like 1