LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Another breakup, this time with my fiancée


Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree26Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th October 2017, 9:52 PM   #46
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodguy05 View Post
Ok that makes sense. Because of her age I would take a guess and say she got cold feet. This new group probably influenced that. Now she's confused because ur really not there it's like now she knows she's lost u it's final whereas becorebyr there she has that view of where ur at who ur seeing now she doesn't. It's like my ex this is great for her because she can see where I'm at who I'm seeing or wth. In my case if i moved I wanna do it v3casue it benefits me thanks for the good advice there. If u were in my shoes what would u do?
I suspect at some point she will certainly running back.

As for you...

If it benefits your career, you have to do it. Can't keep seeing her with another man. Need to move forward.
mmiller5373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 12:07 AM   #47
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 649
Wow, you really dodged a bullet. Be thankful. Her letter was all about her, some sob story of how hard everything is, no acknowledgment of the fact that she created the whole mess. Yuck.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 12:23 AM   #48
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,664
Journal Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueIvy View Post
I’m a younger woman and would appreciate a nice man, as would some of my peers. I feel most men are ****bois. If Op is nice as you say, he is certainly not common. He just hasn’t found the right woman to appreciate him yet.
I will have to respectfully disagree. What I would agree with is the men you may desire are simply attract by many women and these women cannot get them to commit. To say their are no nice guys and a surplus of good women just doesnt make sense logically.

The Op is trying to make rational decision based on what his ex is feeling and projecting. Those projections are false. I clearly posted she is living a dual life where she is trying to have two things at one time.
Sweetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 4:14 PM   #49
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfish View Post
The Op is trying to make rational decision based on what his ex is feeling and projecting. Those projections are false. I clearly posted she is living a dual life where she is trying to have two things at one time.
I am a very logical person and it has been impossible for me to figure out her behavior over the last several months. She has always been an emotional person. Sometimes too much and over-the-top.

Let me ask you this, why do you think she wants to live a dual life?
mmiller5373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 4:24 PM   #50
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 649
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller5373 View Post
I am a very logical person and it has been impossible for me to figure out her behavior over the last several months. She has always been an emotional person. Sometimes too much and over-the-top.

Let me ask you this, why do you think she wants to live a dual life?
I know you're asking somebody else, but I'll answer too.

She has low self esteem, and uses others for validation. She is an attention whore, and likely will always be one. She lacks empathy and sees people as objects to manipulate, not human beings with feelings. It's not to say she doesn't experience guilt because she does, but not so much about how she hurt you but rather her actions portraying her in a bad light, perhaps tarnishing her image. So, if she can make things right with you and assuage that guilt, she comes out of it smelling like a rose. Even better, if she can rope you into a friendship while banging the new guy, her ego soars to lofty heights and she is elated to no end. She's got two on the hook. I could go on, but you get the picture.
Highndry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2017, 4:48 PM   #51
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highndry View Post
I know you're asking somebody else, but I'll answer too.

She has low self esteem, and uses others for validation. She is an attention whore, and likely will always be one. She lacks empathy and sees people as objects to manipulate, not human beings with feelings. It's not to say she doesn't experience guilt because she does, but not so much about how she hurt you but rather her actions portraying her in a bad light, perhaps tarnishing her image. So, if she can make things right with you and assuage that guilt, she comes out of it smelling like a rose. Even better, if she can rope you into a friendship while banging the new guy, her ego soars to lofty heights and she is elated to no end. She's got two on the hook. I could go on, but you get the picture.
Curious to know what the women in this message board have to say about it. Seems the men here have harsh opinions on the matter.

The women who worked with us and knew her well believe she's just a confused 25-year-old girl who isn't sure what she wants anymore. She doesn't know what it's like to be an adult. First job. Still lives with parents.

Seems like the men in here are making her out to be this ruthless bitch, which I assure you, she's not.

Last edited by mmiller5373; 18th October 2017 at 4:49 PM.. Reason: misspelling
mmiller5373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 6:14 PM   #52
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 325
It's been more than two months since I've posted in this thread.

The holidays were rough. Living in a new state where I don't have close friends or family made it even more difficult.

Also... someone hacked my ex's social media accounts and she started telling everyone it was me. I've had numerous mutual friends and former co-workers delete me from Facebook because of the lies she's spreading around about me. I haven't reached out. Been NO CONTACT since early October.

I've been dating... but man... now I remember why I hated being single so much. Dating sucks. More and more drama.
mmiller5373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2018, 7:30 PM   #53
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller5373 View Post
Would love to hear from some others... thoughts? Opinions? Advice?
Pretty much what was said before.

She started dating you at age 23, that is pretty young. I also agree this has to do with her social group.

Her friends are single, live the single life, have fun and sleep around, and in her mind she feels she could be doing that. If it was the other way around
a single girl with married friends she would probably want to be married. This is just what happens. Usually married people should hang out with married people, otherwise the majority corrupts the minority in the group

In any case, it was you who technically ended the relationship. So while I understand why you did it, you should stick to your original plan and realise it was for the best.

She wasn't ready to get married, and she was acting spoiled and bratty because of what she was missing out, but she also did love you because after the many fights she did wanted to keep the relationship going and tried to work on it. In the end your choice of leaving her was probably for the best.
CupCakess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2018, 3:49 AM   #54
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCakess View Post
Pretty much what was said before.

She started dating you at age 23, that is pretty young. I also agree this has to do with her social group.

Her friends are single, live the single life, have fun and sleep around, and in her mind she feels she could be doing that. If it was the other way around
a single girl with married friends she would probably want to be married. This is just what happens. Usually married people should hang out with married people, otherwise the majority corrupts the minority in the group

In any case, it was you who technically ended the relationship. So while I understand why you did it, you should stick to your original plan and realise it was for the best.

She wasn't ready to get married, and she was acting spoiled and bratty because of what she was missing out, but she also did love you because after the many fights she did wanted to keep the relationship going and tried to work on it. In the end your choice of leaving her was probably for the best.
I honestly do not think I was the one to end the relationship. I asked for a break so we could fix things.
mmiller5373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 12:55 AM   #55
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 19
I feel your pain

I feel your pain man, the holidays were rough, and dating.. sucks. I have a different perspective for you though.

For this girl to write you this letter, it shows you her empathy, she still mourns your relationship. I'd feel so much better if I got something like this, but not all of us are so lucky.

Just know that this girl is extremely confused, young, and doesnt know what she wants. We all deserve someone who fights for their relationship and is head over heels.

We're all healing out here, so PM if you want to talk.
anthle702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 1:19 AM   #56
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller5373 View Post
Curious to know what the women in this message board have to say about it. Seems the men here have harsh opinions on the matter.

The women who worked with us and knew her well believe she's just a confused 25-year-old girl who isn't sure what she wants anymore. She doesn't know what it's like to be an adult. First job. Still lives with parents.

Seems like the men in here are making her out to be this ruthless bitch, which I assure you, she's not.
I'm not a woman.

However, I am chiming in here because it's important to understand that the root problem here deals with toxic behavior, and not about the fact that your ex is a woman.

There are toxic men who display similar toxic tendencies as women. It does seem that there are some types of toxic behaviors which may be more prevalent in a certain gender. This is because culture/society normalizes and attempts to assign certain destructive behaviors to one gender or another.

However, that still doesn't change the fact that the underlying behavior is unhealthy, and not workable for a relationship.

Last edited by magnesium; 8th January 2018 at 1:24 AM..
magnesium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 1:39 AM   #57
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
I'm not a woman.

However, I am chiming in here because it's important to understand that the root problem here deals with toxic behavior, and not about the fact that your ex is a woman.

There are toxic men who display similar toxic tendencies as women. It does seem that there are some types of toxic behaviors which may be more prevalent in a certain gender. This is because culture/society normalizes and attempts to assign certain destructive behaviors to one gender or another.

However, that still doesn't change the fact that the underlying behavior is unhealthy, and not workable for a relationship.
Guess I'm a little confused by your reply. What toxic behavior are you talking about?
mmiller5373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 2:18 AM   #58
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmiller5373 View Post
Guess I'm a little confused by your reply. What toxic behavior are you talking about?
She wanted to try counseling with you but was dating another man. She was stringing you along, and she was lying by omission to you. Liars rarely hide one thing. And remember, you wrote in your original post that you and her had a "good talk" right before your co-worker told you she was seeing another guy. Ask yourself, what kind of human being would do something this messed up on purpose?

You said she insulted you over the phone. She essentially blamed you for all the problems. That's called blame-shifting, she is taking the spotlight off herself and making you the bad guy.

And this part I may be incorrect but I'm taking a stab at it. You say she is emotional, but it sounds like she uses that as a pity-ploy to gain sympathy, and to get out of taking accountability for her actions.

Also, as I read your original post, it seems there were communication issues, as in she wasn't communicating with you specifically. However, she keeps throwing breadcrumbs to keep you on the hook. She is giving you false hope. She is not respecting you.

She spread lies about you after you went NO CONTACT, and you said that you lost friends on social media because of what she was saying about you.

You said also that you were having trouble figuring out your behavior over the last several months. When you have to start playing detective to find out why someone acts the way they do, that means your instinct is telling you something isn't adding up, and you can feel it, you know something is off but you can't put your finger on it.

The toxic behaviors here can be seen as lying by omission, verbal abuse, blame-shifting, emotional manipulation (pity-ploy), offering false hope, vengefulness (accused you of hacking her social media).
magnesium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 3:43 PM   #59
Established Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 325
Thank you for the astute reply, magnesium!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
She wanted to try counseling with you but was dating another man. She was stringing you along, and she was lying by omission to you. Liars rarely hide one thing. And remember, you wrote in your original post that you and her had a "good talk" right before your co-worker told you she was seeing another guy. Ask yourself, what kind of human being would do something this messed up on purpose?
Someone who is very selfish and self-absorbed. Probably insecure too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
You said she insulted you over the phone. She essentially blamed you for all the problems. That's called blame-shifting, she is taking the spotlight off herself and making you the bad guy.

And this part I may be incorrect but I'm taking a stab at it. You say she is emotional, but it sounds like she uses that as a pity-ploy to gain sympathy, and to get out of taking accountability for her actions.
Damn straight! The entire breakup was my fault, according to her. She continues to tell people that I broke up with her, when in fact, she was the one who broke things off with me. Also, during our "therapy" sessions, she continued to shift the blame to me and my "drinking." While I can admit that there had been a few occasions where I drank too much and got angry with her, she herself would drink too much, blackout and have freak-outs/panic attacks.

When I apologized for the mistakes I made and told her I'm trying to correct them... I asked her what she thinks she did wrong. She said, "I guess I was just careless in the relationship."

Careless? That's it??? You've got to be kidding me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnesium View Post
Also, as I read your original post, it seems there were communication issues, as in she wasn't communicating with you specifically. However, she keeps throwing breadcrumbs to keep you on the hook. She is giving you false hope. She is not respecting you.

She spread lies about you after you went NO CONTACT, and you said that you lost friends on social media because of what she was saying about you.

You said also that you were having trouble figuring out your behavior over the last several months. When you have to start playing detective to find out why someone acts the way they do, that means your instinct is telling you something isn't adding up, and you can feel it, you know something is off but you can't put your finger on it.

The toxic behaviors here can be seen as lying by omission, verbal abuse, blame-shifting, emotional manipulation (pity-ploy), offering false hope, vengefulness (accused you of hacking her social media).
She basically used me as a "security blanket" while starting a relationship with the new guy. Also... I guess he asked her out back in March. We were engaged through May. Not once during those two months did she tell me anyone asked her out or did she tell me about meeting this man. She also accepted his friend request on Facebook.

All behavior that is wrong for someone who is engaged.
mmiller5373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
After recent fiancée breakup, I'm too into this new guy but have PTSD bowiefeathers Dating 7 31st May 2016 1:58 AM
Fiancee dated other men, but still loves me and needs time? lightwell Breaks and Breaking Up 18 17th October 2012 2:08 AM
Long time reader, first time poster, very confused over breakup reasons ! leo74 Breaks and Breaking Up 26 6th January 2010 4:48 AM
Fiancee and guy's parents and spending time together? ehehef Family 1 12th July 2004 8:39 AM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 1:52 PM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.