I really don't understand his problem

Background story: we are both 24, we broke up end of January after nearly a year of living together. Found out he had cheated on me six months prior and he had someone from work inside our home two days after we broke up, though he denies it I know he was sleeping with her to.

I forgave this guy for so much which is why it hurt so badly that he didn't fight for us.

We had to live together for seven very upsetting weeks after the break up, though I was the one who suggested we break up it was more of a threat, I'd be lying if I said it was the first time I did it, what normally followed was him begging for me back and changing for a while only to fall back into his old ways what I wasn't expecting was for him to take the break up as a get out of jail free card. I loved this man more than I had ever loved anyone in my life so throughout them seven weeks I tried to fix us and bring us back together, turns out he was still sleeping with the girl from the office during this time and even took her out for valentines less than three weeks after we split up.

He wanted to be friends, I tried it but I couldn't. He has since taken this girl to Venice, plastered her over his instagram account and is going away with her again although he 'wanted the single life'.

I had no contact with my ex for two months by blocking him and I found out something had been delivered to his workplace which I had forgotten to update the address on, so I broke no contact to ask him to forward it to me. His response was everything I didn't expect, I only asked him to forward me my parcel and I'll reimburse any costs and he went on some speech how he thinks we shouldn't be friends and how I deserve someone who treats me one hundred times better than he did. I had to inform him that I wasn't after his friendship I just wanted my parcel. He blocked me on WhatsApp but continued to text me, when I asked him why he blocked me he said 'you blocked me so I don't see what the difference is' at this point, I couldn't be bothered to play his games so I left it at that.

I have since found someone who seems to be a good guy (though I'm clearly not the best judge of character!) who I've been seeing for two months. My favourite social media site is snapchat which my ex rarely uses but recently he's been viewing my stories. I haven't posted any photos of me and my new guy on Snapchat yet as I'm not sure I'm ready to be 'Snapchat official' but snap restaurants we go to etc. It's his birthday in September so we decided to book a two night trip to Paris so I snapped we holiday searching with a picture of my laptop. My ex then removed me as a friend from Snapchat and I genuinely cannot understand the foolishness. He cheats, has been on a holiday with the woman he cheated on me with, is going on another and removes me as a friend over that.

I don't understand his issue, he made his choice so why does he care that I'm getting on with my life

Ps please ignore my terrible grammar and spacing- typing on my iPhone

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
spacing ~6
  • Author

I don't really agree with that. He's been watching my daily updates for over a month now but when I post something about my new relationship he removes me as a friend. I think that's slightly coincedential.

PegNosePete
I don't understand his issue

I don't understand your issue. It's clear that this relationship is over and you're never going to be friends or talk to each other again. Why do you give 2 hoots what he does or doesn't do on his social media site? You have absolutely nothing to gain by analysing the actions and trying to figure out the motivations of a lying, cheating ex.

It's clear he's not going to pass on your parcel, I'm afraid you'll have to write that one off. Just block him, and you will never have to think about him or why he does what he does, ever again.

• Like 2

Who cares? He's your ex so you should block him from everything and just enjoy your new guy. Don't give your ex any of your energy.

• Like 2
ExpatInItaly

Honestly, you'll never be able to understand a guy like that. He's wired differently than you are, and not in a good way. He's a player, liar, cheater and ego-driven. Because you are not that type of person, you won't be able to wrap your head around his behaviour.

Why do you really still care, though? Focus on the new guy.