what does it mean? we should spend some time apart?

depressed01

Hey guys what does it mean when your boyfriend tells you " I think we should spend some time apart" we have been 2gether 1 year

He said that he thinks we should spend time apart he said that he has alot on his mind..then he was telling me a whole bunch of stuff there..

he was like that hes not saying that we're breaking up but that he just needs some time to himself so i asked him what u wanna date other people? he said no.i asked u just wanna go and have fun he said no its not that he just needs some time alone...and kept repeating we're not breakingup he just needs time he said u probably have it in your head that we're not going to get back 2gether but he's not saying that we're not going to get back 2gether he just needs some time alone

then i asked how long he said a month or so or 2 months thats a long time 2 seperate don't u think?

i asked him how is time apart going to help anything he said becuz we get to clear our heads (he gets to clear his head) so i don't know what to do.he hasn't called since he told me this may 9 and we spoke may 11 about it some more but thats it i haven't heard from him since..so do i call him or not?i really miss him...what do i? do i atleast try so he can see that im trying.Its hard cuz he like my first everything.

I cant really understand this everything was fine its not like we were fighting i just need some help here ...im really scared that he's gonna find someone else

This is the poster child for NC! Do not call, drop him off the plank. Give him plenty of time to think. Please believe me. Start NOW.

Anytime your signficant other (male or female) tells you they need space, time etc, it typically means they want to look for someone else. They typically say these cop out words so they can drag you along until they either find someone else or fall back to you as a default. Trust you gut instincts. You will see the signs - lack of interest, moodiness, wanting to go out with their friends.

Originally posted by ylwfvr

Anytime your signficant other (male or female) tells you they need space, time etc, it typically means they want to look for someone else. They typically say these cop out words so they can drag you along until they either find someone else or fall back to you as a default. Trust you gut instincts. You will see the signs - lack of interest, moodiness, wanting to go out with their friends.

BS. That is not always the case!!

westernxer

It means he wants to test the waters downstream and see if he's missing out on something.

Doesn't mean he will or won't come back, though. Doesn't mean you should or shouldn't take him back, either.

Better now than when you're married.

Originally posted by Jadey

BS. That is not always the case!!

Why don't you read what I wrote before you start calling BS - I said "TYPICALLY" Sure there times when you are simply sick of spending endless time together and need a break.