I have been publicly insulted on facebook by my ex and it hurts so much

Hello everyone,

Well, everything is in the title. During our breakup on March, everyone on Facebook knew my girlfriend and me were breaking up and she had posted some things about the breakup like being sad but she also posted a drawing of a man with a pinocchio nose right after I told her that I still had not enough money to pay for moving out my stuff that was at her place, and it was true.

During the last months of the relationship, she already was very cold anyway and there even was a few times when she was insulting when she has said "it's stupid to do things like that". And during the breakup, she was even more agressive and cold-hearted. I would have appreciated a little bit of cordiality to keep things mature but she wasn't cordial, she was just stone cold, even rude. And I didn't do anything to her, I had accepted cordially the breakup and I never insulted or disrespected her.

A few weeks after the break up and after I got my stuff back from her place, she posted a selfie on Facebook holding out her tongue with a big smile. Her friend teased her about that in the comments and she said "I post this picture to piss off those who come on my profile by curiosity". Since she was agressive and cold towards me during the last months of the relationship and especially during the breakup, I know she said that for me. I didn't say anything but I thought that it was rather immature to put a picture like that for a 39 years old woman (I'm 31, we have 8 years of difference).

I hurts me lot and I don't know how she's capable of willing to hurt me like that, especially since I didn't disrepect her or did anything wrong to her. It hurts a lot. I feel betrayed and thrown in the mud.

I would appreciate your opinions on what happened and why you think she behaved like that. Thanks

OK. Why are you still on her social media if she's your ex? If you weren't, she probably would never have bothered to get ugly and if you weren't, you would have never known the difference. So the goal here is to stop interacting or lurking on her social media and block her from yours and urge yourself to just stop caring what she thinks about anything.

She's fishing for a reaction, and getting it. While you're not responding to her taunts, you are reacting. Delete and block her immediately. It doesn't make you look weak to block/delete and ex, it makes you look strong cuz you were able to pull the trigger.

Be prepared for some really pissed off texts from her when she sees you've booted her crazy making azz off your fb cuz you've taken away her "pointy stick" and she can't poke at you anymore.

Anyone that knows the both of you, will know she's being an immature moron, so don't worry about that. Every time you look at her profile(s) it's like poisoning yourself. Take the antidote, and get her out of your life.

It hurts now, but eventually you'll look back on her behavior and shake your head at how a 39 year old woman can act like a 5 year old. Good riddance!

• Like 1

She wants you to reply. Don't do it. Just ignore her and drive her crazy. Also stop looking at her social media.

• Like 1

She just wants to be a jerk. As soon as you stop reacting toward her insults she will stop.

And more then likely she likes all the drama that surrounded your break up.

• Like 1