Why is my EX being horrible?

My ex is currently dating someone who looks alot like me! Same build, hair & facial features. He has not previously dated anyone who has looked similar to me. Recently I sent him a FB request only to find, he blocked me. Yesterday, i took my BF to his house due to my BF & his younger brother being best-friends. We arrived & my BF reassured me not to stress due to not seeing my ex in over 6 months. My ex noticed my arrival & stood in the doorway of his home, watching me smile & wave at his brother. His GF noticed me and attempted to make me jealous by jumping full force onto my exs back. She cuddled/kissed him while he stood there watching me, not reacting to his girlfriend. While i left, he ditched his girlfriend to go talk to my BF. Later on, my BF told me that my ex said: "That b**** tried adding me. If she tries to contact me again, i will go to the police" I was shocked! Why is he over reacting? I have not once tried to interfer with his current relationship. How does his GF know about me? When i have not interfered? I am close with his family so, i know they would not talk behind my back. He has also be-friended 52 of our mutual friends including my BFs sister.

Scarlett.O'hara

I'm guessing there is more to the story (at least from his perspective) because it sounds like he thinks you are obsessed with him, and if he thinks that then so will his girlfriend.

Whatever has happened between you in the past, it is clear now that there is zero chance of you being friends.

For your own sake, stay away from him (and her) on social media, avoid talking to others in your social circle about him, and avoid going to his house. Your boyfriend may be friends with his brother but that doesn't need to involve you.

You may be experiencing mixed emotions right now but try and let this go or it will end up in unnecessary drama.

• Like 2
  • Author

But i am not. I am trying to move on from him but, he is causing unnecessary drama which is making it difficult. He tries to anger my boyfriend most of time & talks behind my back. For instance, my boyfriend was hanging out with my exs' brother. My ex came in with his Black Book & flicked through to find my name & showed my boyfriend saying "theres kerrie" I dont understand why he wants to cause drama in my life. Why cant he just leave me alone?

Edited by Kerrie1989
Scarlett.O'hara

You may have good intentions, but trying to add him on Facebook and showing up at his house to drop off your boyfriend was a mistake.

You may believe his behavior stems from jealousy or regret for ending your fwb arrangement. However, from an outside perspective, it could appear that he is acting this way because he wants you to go away.

You may strongly disagree with that analysis, but I'm just trying to show you how it may appear to other people.

Personally, I would guess it is more about ego. The more "crazy" and "desperate for him" he can make you appear, the more desirable he looks to his girlfriend and peers.

Unfortunately, all you can do to minimize the damage is to keep your distance and ignore his behavior. Anything else will only be met with more antagonism.

• Like 3
purplesorrow
But i am not. I am trying to move on from him but, he is causing unnecessary drama which is making it difficult. He tries to anger my boyfriend most of time & talks behind my back. For instance, my boyfriend was hanging out with my exs' brother. My ex came in with his Black Book & flicked through to find my name & showed my boyfriend saying "theres kerrie" I dont understand why he wants to cause drama in my life. Why cant he just leave me alone?

How are you trying to move on if you're sending fb requests and keeping tabs on who he's added as friends? Going to his house is also a sign of you not moving forward. Him walking to another area to talk to your boyfriend doesn't mean he ditched his girlfriend. You honestly seem a little salty towards her. Why did you guys part?

• Like 2

I'm going to be blunt here. You need to break up with his family too. Just because your bf knows his brother doesn't mean you get to go over there too! How invasive! It's bad enough he has to look at your bf. If his brother was nice, he'd never have your bf over there and would meet him somewhere else.

Your ex is hurt and angry and wants to get away from you so he can have some peace. You could fix this by stopping going over there and asking your bf not to go over there either but to meet the brother elsewhere.

Because you're not leaving him alone. He's in his own house and you're invading his privacy and your boyfriend is too. He doesn't want to deal with you.

• Like 1
  • Author

Since I became serious with my Boyfriend, my Ex has be-friended my Boyfriend aswell as ALL of our mutual friends including my Boyfriend's sister. At times, he has on puposely angered my Boyfriend & talk behind my back. Why?

He is trying to keep you from having a happy life. You need to block him and insist your new guy also block him or tell him it's off.

• Like 1
Since I became serious with my Boyfriend, my Ex has be-friended my Boyfriend aswell as ALL of our mutual friends including my Boyfriend's sister. At times, he has on puposely angered my Boyfriend & talk behind my back. Why?

Why are you still friends with your Ex, you should place the NC -no contact rule

into effect. You have a new guy who loves you the Ex is the issue here tell the jerk to move on otherwise you call the cops, police or sheriff on his butt!

• Like 1
Why are you still friends with your Ex, you should place the NC -no contact rule

into effect. You have a new guy who loves you the Ex is the issue here tell the jerk to move on otherwise you call the cops, police or sheriff on his butt!

Whoa! Hold up! This seems extreme and juvenile (sorry...I may be a bit older than some on this site. I'm not trying to pick a fight here).

Maybe start with just blocking if you really need to? Otherwise, if you and your new BF have such a good relationship, I don't think anything will come between you. Even an EX who keeps poking his nose in...

Why do you have to be the one to take your bf to your ex's house just because he is friends with his younger brother? Stay away and let your bf go over there with his friend if he wants to go. You should stay away from his house. Ex's gf has every right to show her bf affection. That's probably just the way the interact. It has nothing to do with you. It is clear your ex doesn't like you anymore and probably wishes your bf wasn't his brother's friend.

How are you trying to move on if you're sending fb requests and keeping tabs on who he's added as friends? Going to his house is also a sign of you not moving forward. Him walking to another area to talk to your boyfriend doesn't mean he ditched his girlfriend. You honestly seem a little salty towards her. Why did you guys part?

True. Why would OP make 6 threads about an ex unless she is actually the one who is obsessed with her ex and not the other way around.

• Like 1