Ex and his family got my dad arrested on false allegations...now what?

Me and my ex are from different religions which is why his family disapprove of me.

Last week my ex sent me a whatsapp msg saying he wants to spend the rest of his life with his fiancé who he loves and he doesn't want to hear from me ever again. I was shocked to read about his sudden engagement and broke down with a panic attack. My dad saw me like that and freaked out so he went to my ex's house with my grandma for a wedding proposal (asian culture thing). My ex's parents were extremely disrespectful, didn't even let my dad and gran inside the house and said they don't want anything to do with us because of our religion. My dad told them religion doesn't matter but they didn't listen and told him to leave. My dad and gran came back home but a few hours later the police came and arrested my dad. They said my ex and his family had reported to the police that my dad had tied me up with ropes and that I was committing suicide. I told them those were false allegations but they still arrested my dad and kept him for 24 hours. Luckily he wasn't charged because there was no evidence of the false allegations.

I can't believe my ex did that. I've known him since school days he couldn't even kill a fly let alone do this. I have a feeling he is lying about his engagement too because all this time he was doing things with me you would only do with your girlfriend so if another girl was in his life she would have found out so why would she even get engaged to him? It seems like his family are controlling him. He's really scared of his parents which is why we were on and off for so many years. He's now blocked me on whatsapp. I still love him...what do i do? Yes I do realise I need to move on but he was such a big part of my life its so hard on me now....I also feel like he needs to know what he's done. He probably thinks the police came round and just gave us a warning and went.

ExpatInItaly

Unless you want more legal trouble for your Dad, you need to never contact your ex again.

It's not worth it.

• Like 2

If your ex doesn't have the ballz to life his life the way he wants to.....then you deserve a real man because he ain't it.

Tip: don't date people of different religious backgrounds unless they are non-practicing.

• Like 1