I think I may finally have the strength and the courage to break away this time.

My ex has this powerful way of getting straight through to my heart, and twist and turn it at will. After I left her and initiated NC, she begged and pleaded for me to come back. She told me she had changed and that she was a different person. One week later I find her still lying to me about things. Since then, we've both been going back and forth between breaking up and being with each other. It's funny how love will make you crazy sometimes, I mean here I was trying to get a woman who cheated and lied to me on such an enormous scale to come back to me. Looking back on how I acted, it's just pathetic.

I do have higher standards for myself, and goddamnit i'm not going to let them go for anyone. Starting today, i'm going to enforce a strict NC and this time I will stay with it. I know this girl will never change, I've given her too many chances. We were supposed to go out to dinner tonight, but you know what screw that. We're not going anywhere, I'm not responding to her calls, txt messages, IM's, or anything from this point on. I'm also moving out of my apartment this week so she won't know where I am at all. The last time I tried to do NC, i blocked all her txts/msgs/emails, but she came to my apartment in tears. This time she won't have that luxury, i'll be gone forever.

I thought I could start my life over with this girl, I thought she had changed, but now i see her for who she really is. I've been raised with better morals and better values, and quite frankly i deserve better than this piece of garbage. She wants to keep putting me in this love triangle with me and her ex, and i'm just not doing it anymore. I've reached my breaking point, i'm drawing the line right here, it ends now. Time to wake up to a new life. Thanks everyone, this site has helped in so many ways.

• Author

it is so much harder to do this time around. before i was ok because i was already so badly broken, but now it's like i was once together and now am all shattered. oh well, this is what i chose for myself and now i know not to make the same mistakes.

vickimonster

good luck sanne, I hope it goes well for you. You deserve more. stay strong, we are here