2 week relationship

this is an interesting one!

met this girl, shes pretty awesome, had 5 dates in 2 weeks, some day-long dates, we had a great time. Slept with her on the last one. Sex was great, i know that was a mutual feeling, enough said. the next day she says she doesnt know if we are compatible!! i find out its about star sign haha.

could be 100 other reasons i know. i know everyone would have their own opinion about star signs, and even whether or not i should or should not pursue her.

Point is i want to continue seeing her and have no data on a situation like this re the contact rule??

i mean 2 weeks is not long enough for her to miss me i would have thought, whats the best way to go about it? please keep in mind im seeking advice on seeing her again, not whether i should or not:) i like this girl. im thinking it might have been too much too soon?

Edited by Glen123

She believes in star signs. The questionable nature of that belief aside, if you want to date her you have to convince her that a conviction she holds deeply is rubbish. Good luck.

• Like 3
any thoughts on whether i should give this some time first?

Time won't do anything. You will still be the same sign next week, next month, next year. And she still won't want to date you because astrology says she shouldn't. Unless you are willing to wait maybe decades when she finally realizes that star signs are silly.

the next day she says she doesnt know if we are compatible!!

please keep in mind im seeking advice on seeing her again, not whether i should or not:) i like this girl.

Her reason(s) for wanting to end things are completely irrelevant. The fact that YOU want to continue seeing her because YOU still like her is completely irrelevant.

If she does not want to see you again then there is nothing you can reasonably do...except honour her request and her right to choose her own life experiences.

Even though it may suck, that's still what you need to do. (And you will be honouring your own self-worth and esteem in the process.)

• Like 1

I had this happen once. It wasn't about the stars, though something similar.

One strange person she was....

And I liked her too.

I didn't pursue. LOL

EDIT....With just five dates and a romp ... let it go. You'll get over it.

Edited by whatnot
  • Like 1

Do you mean she said she didn't know if you were compatible or was she breaking up with you? The first sounds doubtful, the second more definite.

Perhaps you should take a step back and respect her doubts. If you pursue at this point, she will push you away. If you take a step back and be a bit more distant, she will have chance to miss you. It is easy to feel under pressure in a new relationship if one person seems to be keener than the other. Backing off gives you both chance to miss each other.

• Like 1

Was she maybe using that as why she felt you weren't compatible? If so, she just decided she didn't find you compatible.

how long had she known your star sign? I mean, most astrology nuts would ask that the first date -- if so, she kept dating you so it wasn't really the reason.

Eh, I believe in astrology and I know that it's more of a tool than a solid dating technique. My sign does complement my personality very well, but it's not something that would stop me from actually dating someone if I had chemistry with them and got along with them well. It sounds like she was more so saying you both weren't compatible and that was the excuse you were given.

Sounds like an immature excuse to stop seeing you (going to avoid saying "break up" because 2 weeks is hardly considered any measurable semblance of a relationship). How old is she??

• Like 1

It's an excuse. Having said that, I must admit in my own life and personal relationships I've actually found the star sign thing to be pretty accurate lol. I'm not young either and never really gave it much credence till 20 yrs of relationships etc even friendships has shown some consistency wth astrology