Broke up with her for long distance, want her back

Hi Everybody,

A few years ago in college I met a smart, beautiful woman that i fell for the first time I saw her at a party (Not something that usually happens to me). As i got to know her, I realized that our personalities were perfect for each other and we soon started hooking up and then dating. I admit I was initially drawn to her looks but soon learned she was a sweet and compassionate person as well. I was a year older and we had some rough patches for a while in the beginning (I was controlling and had some issues with her sexual past, while she would get upset with me easily and wanted to spend all of our time together). However, we grew together as people and were able to put our issues behind us, and by the end of last year, we had dated two years and were really good together. I took a job on the west coast (we went to school in the midwest) and we decided to break up, but we still continued to talk every day. It was mainly my decision to break up, she wanted to stay together at first but realized it would be beneficial to part ways and enjoy ourselves in new surroundings (her with her friends for her last year and me at a new job and city). We agreed to try dating again when the year was over, but we pretty much ended up in a long distance relationship

Fast forward 8 months and we are still talking everyday (facetiming too), we saw eachother once at thanksgiving (I get no time off with my job), and I am planning on going to see her in a few weeks. However, she has just told me that she is not sure if she wants to see me again, because she dosnt want to deal with the hurt of seeing me for a week and then losing me again when I go back to work. She also admitted to me that she recently caught feelings for a guy and has hung out with him, but has not slept with him yet.

I love this girl (the distance has made me realize it even more), and I havn't been sleeping since she told me she may not want me to visit. But the breakup was mostly my choice and she has now decided that I will also likely cause problems (drama) if i visit. She has been wanting to go back to full time dating all year until recently and I know that we will be working and living in different places next year.

What do I do? I'm going crazy thinking about losing her

You already lost her. She has feelings for another guy & you two would simply being going back to an LDR that didn't work the last time. There is no plan to close the gap. Leave her alone to pursue this new relationship.