Broke up with me a month ago, now hooking up with her ex

Hey everyone :)

Last month my girlfriend suddenly broke up with me. We met in university halls, and were sharing a flat. It was a short relationship (4 months), but very intense as we lived together so it definitely felt long-term.

Everything was fine, I felt safe with her - that she actually cared for and loved me, and this was my first actual love too. Then she suddenly went home one weekend to spend it with family and came back to university and broke up with me.

I moved out the next week, and since then haven't had any contact with her. I have since discovered that she has been talking to her most recent ex before me and meeting him for sex. They had broken up about 4 months before we got together, due to him being unfaithful and generally not treating her well. She rarely mentioned him while we were together so it certainly seemed she was over him.

Hearing that they've been meeting up over the last few weeks has absolutely devastated me, and it feels I've gone many steps backward from where I was in my recovery. I know she is entitled to do as she wants, but I'm just shocked that this has happened so soon after she broke up with me.

Her reasons for our break up weren't very clear, and the best explanation she could give was that she 'loves me, but isn't in love with me'.

Can anyone who's been through a similar situation shed some light? I've been struggling a lot and it would be good to hear from others that know how I'm feeling.

tl;dr - Girlfriend broke up with me and is now talking to and meeting her ex again, less than a month after the breakup.

You were her rebound.

Your best bet is to go completely dark and move on.

Luckily it wasn't a long relationship and you should move on quickly. Providing you don't do the "pick me dance".

i agree, sounds like a rebound. If you go no contact you will get over it soon. expect her to contact you again though and be ready to ignore her. when she can't accept the new/old bf's infidelities once more they will break up again and you will be the one she calls. don't let her con you again.