Blocked Ex on Social Media after a couple years

jay_white89

My ex broke up with me about 4 years ago now. We pretty much stopped talking at first, but then we became friendly. Even attempted to get back together at one point. That didn't work. But, we remained pretty good friends talking all the time. I have not had a girlfriend since. But, she found another boyfriend and have been together for about 2 months. I decided to finally block her completely on social media. I got tired of looking at her pics all the time with this new guy. I still have feeling for her and wanted to move on. But, I feel like I am rude for doing that at this point. It has been 4 years after all. Should I have just left it be and moved on? We haven't talked at all since she found her new boyfriend.

allybaba789

I guess you could have just deleted her as a friend, that way her pictures wouldn't have been popping up. Blocking is mainly used to stop people contacting you. It doesn't matter though, if it helped you, it's the right thing.

• Like 1

Never be a friend with an ex. Eventually feelings will re-surface. Some dumpers think it's possible to become friends because they lost feelings, but for dumpees we just want to forget about it all.

Don't feel bad because you made a decision to move on. They made that decision for you a long time ago.

• Like 1

I don't think it's rude. Most people are not going to want to see pictures of their ex every time they get on social media. That is a normal reaction. Even if you are friendly with an ex, it doesn't mean you want to see their relationship on social media. I think that would be awkward at the very least and could potentially be hurtful.

I'm not a big fan of FB, and I'm especially not a big fan of keeping exes around on FB or any social media for that matter. I think it hinders you from moving on. I've seen people who have been broken up for years still feel extremely hurt by something an ex did on FB. But they refused to defriend or block the ex because they thought it was rude or wanted to keep the door open for a second chance. It's not worth it. Don't do it to yourself. Social media plays mind tricks on the best of us, so my advice is to stay away from it for the most part.

I don't think it's rude. Most people are not going to want to see pictures of their ex every time they get on social media. That is a normal reaction. Even if you are friendly with an ex, it doesn't mean you want to see their relationship on social media. I think that would be awkward at the very least and could potentially be hurtful.

I'm not a big fan of FB, and I'm especially not a big fan of keeping exes around on FB or any social media for that matter. I think it hinders you from moving on. I've seen people who have been broken up for years still feel extremely hurt by something an ex did on FB. But they refused to defriend or block the ex because they thought it was rude or wanted to keep the door open for a second chance. It's not worth it. Don't do it to yourself. Social media plays mind tricks on the best of us, so my advice is to stay away from it for the most part.

Agreed 100%. I'm, obviously, more of a fan of saying, "oh you don't want a relationship? Goodbye forever".

Do you think your ex gave a damn about your feelings when she broke up with you? Why do you care at all about hers?

BeautifuLie
Never be a friend with an ex. Eventually feelings will re-surface.

Disagree. People and situations are all different. My ex is now my daughter's god father. We were together for 8 years and have been broken up for 9. No issues with feelings resurfacing. I can say those are safely dead and buried.

You can't move on with an X in the mix. You should have cut that off upfront.

Wasting time/life you can't get back is never a good idea.

She's not a special snowflake that can't be replaced.

However, the problem is you and yours to solve.

My ex broke up with me about 4 years ago now. We pretty much stopped talking at first, but then we became friendly. Even attempted to get back together at one point. That didn't work. But, we remained pretty good friends talking all the time. I have not had a girlfriend since. But, she found another boyfriend and have been together for about 2 months. I decided to finally block her completely on social media. I got tired of looking at her pics all the time with this new guy. I still have feeling for her and wanted to move on. But, I feel like I am rude for doing that at this point. It has been 4 years after all. Should I have just left it be and moved on? We haven't talked at all since she found her new boyfriend.

Not rude at all.. Mines even worse where about 6 mths put from the break up work together see her all t hv e time and she's started seeing someone in the office im forced literally to watch them I tamarack ever day it's hell. I haven't quiet figured out wat im gonna do but it's not healthy for me. The break initiated by her haside made me take a step back to see what kind of a woman I was wth a terrible one. She's really screwed me up the arse big time. I really can't believe how some people can be so callous wthout any conscious idea about how that would impact somebody else she's literally sabotaging my dream it's either I stay here and experience pain find another job but u wont find one as good as the one I'm in big Co im in a regional area or move back hom3 1000ks away I hate her now even tho I hav moments where I miss wat was i dont miss or like the person that I see now. I really hope there is such a thing as karma she's left all her kids behind interstate gives u some indication of wat she's like all about her coming first at everyone else's expense. My only consolation is this other guy is ugly and fat lol

Disagree. People and situations are all different. My ex is now my daughter's god father. We were together for 8 years and have been broken up for 9. No issues with feelings resurfacing. I can say those are safely dead and buried.

Are you sure your ex is the same way?

• Like 1
BeautifuLie
Are you sure your ex is the same way?

Very sure. He's had a few relationships since, and is now settled. He has never made any hints or advances.

ExpatInItaly

Nah, it's not rude, OP.

You have to look out for yourself. She has moved on, and if this helps you do the same, that's what's most important.

And to be blunt, if she's got a new love interest, she probably hasn't noticed that you've blocked her. Her mind and attention is somewhere else.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be better to explain what happen?