His Ex has private photos of me

redhairnfreckles78

redhairnfreckles78

Hi,

Long story short - i left my husband in April of last year after 6 years of domestic abuse. I called the police only once during that time, after a very violent attack. I then withdrew the charges (no judgement please) and went back to him, but on the advice of the police i did start photographing and injuries i received. I saved them on my password protected PC in a secret folder. Anyway, after a long long time i finally woke up and left him and me and my boys (not his children) and doing really well.

Except for my soon to be ex husbands previous partner. Since July last year she has been sending me abusive texts and messages (I dont know how she got my number, im assuming one of her children as my ex and her have grown up children). I changed my number and blocked her on Facebook but for some reason she is still able to message me privately. She says i am stealing her children's inheritance in the divorce and is basically being downright vile. Commenting on my appearance, my mothering skills, that im a money grabber etc. Yes my ex had a good job and yes i will be financially ok after the divorce but in no way am i taking everything. My solicitor actually said im being too soft as i could get more but he has children and grandchildren to provide for and he did pay the lions share of our mortgage and savings etc. I am asking for a little start up money to help me along the road, which he has agreed to.

Anyway, i receive these poisonous messages usually one day a week, they can range from 1 message to 20 messages and ive never replied. Well today she sent me the photos of my bruises, teeth knocked out etc. I dont know how she has gained access to these, they are all on her phone. She is basically blackmailing me saying that if i do take any money in this divorce, which she feels is me stealing from her children, then she will post these photos on social media. It sounds very teenager like i know, but these are private intimate photos that i tool on police advice. My sons are on Facebook. i do not want them seeing me in that position (they are teenagers) it was bad enough i made them live through it the first time. I do not want this woman walking about with 60 or so images of my bruised and battered face.

Is this something the police would deal with or do i need to wait to see if she carries through her threat and then deal with the fall out?

Thanks

bubbaganoosh

If I were you, I would talk to your lawyer and find out if she can and the consequences for her.

I think it's kind of stupid to do because it will only make you ex husband look really bad and everyone will know that he's a wife beater. Might even cost him his job.

Maybe what she should do is take a long hard look at those pictures and thank her lucky stars that the same thing didn't happen to her but then she's money blind

If you haven't already done so, screenshot everything she sends so that you can start building evidence. Every threat, every rude word, every photo. Everything. Take the evidence to both the police and your lawyer.

• Like 2
Simple Logic
Hi,

Long story short - i left my husband in April of last year after 6 years of domestic abuse. I called the police only once during that time, after a very violent attack. I then withdrew the charges (no judgement please) and went back to him, but on the advice of the police i did start photographing and injuries i received. I saved them on my password protected PC in a secret folder. Anyway, after a long long time i finally woke up and left him and me and my boys (not his children) and doing really well.

Except for my soon to be ex husbands previous partner. Since July last year she has been sending me abusive texts and messages (I dont know how she got my number, im assuming one of her children as my ex and her have grown up children). I changed my number and blocked her on Facebook but for some reason she is still able to message me privately. She says i am stealing her children's inheritance in the divorce and is basically being downright vile. Commenting on my appearance, my mothering skills, that im a money grabber etc. Yes my ex had a good job and yes i will be financially ok after the divorce but in no way am i taking everything. My solicitor actually said im being too soft as i could get more but he has children and grandchildren to provide for and he did pay the lions share of our mortgage and savings etc. I am asking for a little start up money to help me along the road, which he has agreed to.

Anyway, i receive these poisonous messages usually one day a week, they can range from 1 message to 20 messages and ive never replied. Well today she sent me the photos of my bruises, teeth knocked out etc. I dont know how she has gained access to these, they are all on her phone. She is basically blackmailing me saying that if i do take any money in this divorce, which she feels is me stealing from her children, then she will post these photos on social media. It sounds very teenager like i know, but these are private intimate photos that i tool on police advice. My sons are on Facebook. i do not want them seeing me in that position (they are teenagers) it was bad enough i made them live through it the first time. I do not want this woman walking about with 60 or so images of my bruised and battered face.

Is this something the police would deal with or do i need to wait to see if she carries through her threat and then deal with the fall out?

Thanks

Tell her to feel free. Getting the crap beat out of you is not a shame on you at all.

• Like 1
Tell her to feel free. Getting the crap beat out of you is not a shame on you at all.

Let her know that she should feel free to post them, and then you'll feel free to point your STBXH's employer, and everyone else that you can think of, to the sites where she posted them. Then what will happen to her "children's inheritance"?

As far as I'd be concerned, I'd take the bastard for everything that I can get from him. People who beat their wives deserve a special place in hell.

As for your children seeing the photos, they will understand that their mother is a strong person who got herself out of an abusive relationship, and they will be stronger for that.

Threatening and blackmailing are grounds enough to get to court.

Keep all communication safe. Take printouts as well. If she posts one image , take action.

• Like 1