All Your Opinions Please !!

I'd like your opinions please.

To be brief. Bf and I had one major fight and the freaked. Apparently can't deal with conflict. Right after the fight he cancels our trip that was due to be taken two and a half weeks later.

I'm devestated and confused by this break up and the trip cancelling. I book a trip in it's place immed. I didn't want his "punishment" (trip cancelling) to me to work.

So four weeks later I'm on vacation in the Caribbean during the exact time we were supposed to be away with each other. We have had NC during those four weeks.

I send him a postcard as soon as I get there and all I wrote was :

"I'm learning to drive on the left! We're amazed at this place. Wish you were here." and signed it with a heart and my name.

My question to you is: if you were him, would you take this postcard as a definite dig? Or merely that I was pining for him?

Originally posted by Ileana

My question to you is: if you were him, would you take this postcard as a definite dig? Or merely that I was pining for him?

Depends. Anything that can be easily interpreted a number a ways generally relies on the individual writing the message. If I knew you were sarcastic, then I'd probably take it as a dig. If I knew that you were generally sincere, then I'd probably take it as you missing me.

Depends on you.

ReluctantRomeo

I agree too.

Well done btw for getting on with your life, and not letting him "hold you hostage".

slubberdegullion

I'm confused here. If you weren't pining for him, then why did you send the card in the first place?

If I were he (and I'm not... just to be clear on this), I'd probably look at the card and say, "Well, isn't that special? Havanice trip!" and then toss it and get on with my life.

Congrats on taking the initiative, btw, on going on your trip anyway. Just one question that I'm not clear on: Do you expect him to be waiting for you when you get back? Or is this over?

• Author

I already went on my trip and have since come back. No, I didn't expect him to be waiting and I assumed he probably wouldn't had even gotten it until a week later after I had returned..

He very well could have just tossed it aside. But since he was even more excited than I was to take this trip and then like a 4th grader (he's 33) cancelled it because of one fight, I figured he'd feel like a total ass since I still went (while he sat on his wide a** at home). He wanted to punish me with the trip cancelling and he only ended up punishing himself.

That's what I'M talkin' bout.

Angeleyez2583

I think if you really wanted to punish him, you shouldn't have sent that post card. But, if it makes you happy then good for you ! :-)

Angeleyez2583

because by sending him a postcard, you're contacting him. It shows him you are thinking about him, that's just what I get out of it. If you don't contact him, then he's going to wonder what you're up to.

I mean "wish you were here" could be seen in many different ways (just my opinion), and you even signed it with a heart and your name.

I was just thinking that maybe he might think that you're still pining over him..that's all. But if it made you feel good, rock on!

ReluctantRomeo

I don't think the postcard is a big mistake. After all, he sat at home while she raved it up on holiday.

In his shoes, the postcard would make me feel I was pining for her, rather than vice-versa. :D

Don't repeat this though, without contact from him.