Your last relationship: How long did it last? Scale of 1-10 how badly did it end?

1 being not that bad if bad at all and 10 being the worst break up imaginable. Last relationship lasted about a good 9 months (5 months officially). Ended pretty badly. Would say maybe 6.5/10 bad. Nothing too horrible but still far from a happy ending...

Edited by ZayKayWill
  • Author
Lasted 4 months - 08/10. Hit me a lot harder than I expected, plus I was the dumper...

What happened?

• Author
18 years. 8.9 out of 10.

We speak when we have to for the sake of the children

Did it just recently happen? Notice this was your first post...welcome to the forums.

5 months...break up was a 9 because he ghosted and I do not handle that well. Still lingered for months after. Epic pain still ensues lol No real answer still.

Before that was 6 months...break up was a 10 because he assaulted me and is still in jail, caught him cheating with a hooker, etc.

Had a bad 2016. Glad its over lol

• Like 3
5 months...break up was a 9 because he ghosted and I do not handle that well. Still lingered for months after. Epic pain still ensues lol No real answer still.

Before that was 6 months...break up was a 10 because he assaulted me and is still in jail, caught him cheating with a hooker, etc.

Had a bad 2016. Glad its over lol

AMEN to that. Though 2017 doesn't seem so great thus far....

• Like 1
AMEN to that. Though 2017 doesn't seem so great thus far....

My nan has been diagnosed with cancer, I had my aunties funeral, my cousin may not be getting married because of depression and my girlfriend left me, beat that January LOL

And what happened with your relationship Zay?

Edited by GeorgeWP93

Hum,

For me, because its been a while since my last break up – I think its one of those things were you remember the good, and the bad stuff kinda gets lost in the fog of time.

I had some BFs come and go that weren’t that rememberable.

But there was my high school BF of two years. The first person I exchanged “I love you’s” with. We carried each other through some rocky points in our lives. But eventually we started to drift, and he gave me the “its not you, its me” talk. It hurt, there were tears shed, but I don’t remember it being catastrophic. I would give it a 4. We were able to remain friends – and many years later are still in a bit of contact, although certainly not a close friend.

In college, there was this one guy I really connected with, one of those lets spill our souls to each other type relationships. We dated for about 9 months but there were fundamental differences, which prevented a future. I was the dumper on that one…. And I remember doing a lot of driving on the coast crying to myself! But still, not earth shattering, I would give it a 5.

With those relationships, and the break up, there wasn’t any drama, no fighting, I can’t even recall any arguments even …. It just became clear it wasn’t to be. It hurt, but it was clear. Funny, that high school break up happened 20 years ago. I can still picture exactly where we were sitting, the look on his face when he said I have to say something – and the way he held me after he did. But I don’t really remember the pain – ya know?

And… my husband cheated oh, 6+ years ago now (after 9 years together) – and I thought it was going to be the end of us. That period of time sucked. It really did. I would give it a good 8 – I thought my world was over.

• Author
My nan has been diagnosed with cancer, I had my aunties funeral, my cousin may not be getting married because of depression and my girlfriend left me, beat that January LOL

Eh I dated a girl who was very emotionally volatile. It was long distance and well I was still friends with an ex gf before her and for her birthday I bought her a trip to go skydiving and I guess that was what pissed her off most. She broke up with me 2 times before that though and when all was said and done she insisted we be friends. Wasn't letting that happen. She didnt even break up with me right away. It took her a few months to do it when she finally couldnt take anymore after looking at ine of my FB statuses and taking it completely the wrong way.

A lot of people here don't understand why I did what I did but she had an ex that she was best friends with, so the way I see it she has no right to be getting so angry, especially since I was upfront and honest with what I did. Oh well.

Ouch. Though I'm sure there is some paralyzed guy envious of us because we can walk.

It's hard to see past your own pain. Even now, 5 months later, I still think about it every day.

It's gotten more bearable but I cannot recall a time since where I was truly happy.

Hopefully one day...

• Like 1

18 months. Hit me like a train, due to the months of games. Finally went nc Sunday.

For me, 9-10/10.

Being dumped after a full 4 year relationship, which kinda extended to 5 years,including the post break-up interaction which had no sexual element,still talking and pleading (mainly from my end) for her return and another chance.When the end finally came, it was a month after an affirmation on her behalf that we could see into it and give one more try.

Being psychologically burdened and finally having hope that things will get back on track for me, after 1 1/2 year of psychological struggle (part of which was cemented by the break-up), it was too much when she finally said that it was immature on her behalf to return to our relationship and make another try. From the sheer impact on me and my daily life, I'd give it a clean 7/10. And that without the occasional suspicion that my replacement was on the way, which to a point seemed probable, but still I have no real evidence and didn't look it up anyways (because I was afraid and depressed already).

7 months

10/10

It all completely collapsed on my end. I ended up looking like a complete fool and totally humiliated. I'm now seeing a therapist. But I have gotten better, albeit it's been 5 months NC, 8 months BU. But I'm still not over how it all went down and that she's completely gone. It just kills me man.

• Author
7 months

10/10

It all completely collapsed on my end. I ended up looking like a complete fool and totally humiliated. I'm now seeing a therapist. But I have gotten better, albeit it's been 5 months NC, 8 months BU. But I'm still not over how it all went down and that she's completely gone. It just kills me man.

It takes time. Been a year for me and still not over it.

9 years LDR.

Got dumped in another country while visiting her on a holiday. Also found out there and then she had met someone else.

I was sent on my way and that was that.

I let you decide where that fits on the scale.

Its been 2 years and I'd say the last 4 months or so, I have felt a little better. The hurt has improved by about 50 per cent or so but I'm so different now. Before I was a good boy with some bad in me. Now I am a hardened/bad boy with maybe a little good inside but u have to dig pretty hard to find it.

Edited by marky00
  • Like 3

3 years (or 4 if you count the extremely drawn out break up).

It's got to be a 9 or 10/10. I can take no good from the calendar year of 2016. It was just filled with pain, anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts. I was manipulated, played games with, quite probably emotionally cheated on, and made to feel completely worthless. I thought my life was over. I thought my last chance at happiness had just up and left. I still struggle with it, but can at least recognise now that it was for the best. If we'd stayed together and she carried on the way she had been for much of the previous year, I may well have tipped over the edge. Thankfully I'm starting to see glimpses of the old me coming back before she got her vicious, poisonous hooks into me.

• Like 2
  • Author
9 years LDR.

Got dumped in another country while visiting her on a holiday. Also found out there and then she had met someone else.

I was sent on my way and that was that.

I let you decide where that fits on the scale.

Its been 2 years and I'd say the last 4 months or so, I have felt a little better. The hurt has improved by about 50 per cent or so but I'm so different now. Before I was a good boy with some bad in me. Now I am a hardened/bad boy with maybe a little good inside but u have to dig pretty hard to find it.

That's awful. You were going there to have a good time and yet she couldn't man up and dump you before you even decided to make the trip. That's so scummy of her. Im so sorry man. I've kinda sorta been there when I was with my ex she broke up with me then got back with me a few hrs later. My relationship was Long Distance as well. Don't think I'll ever forget that. I went up there during Thanksgiving. She lived in the UK. Where did your ex live? I just don't see why she would even have you go up there if she was planning to dump you anyway. Was she trying to seriously break your heart or something? What did you seriously do to deserve that??? O_o. I am so sorry.

That's awful. You were going there to have a good time and yet she couldn't man up and dump you before you even decided to make the trip. That's so scummy of her. Im so sorry man. I've kinda sorta been there when I was with my ex she broke up with me then got back with me a few hrs later. My relationship was Long Distance as well. Don't think I'll ever forget that. I went up there during Thanksgiving. She lived in the UK. Where did your ex live? I just don't see why she would even have you go up there if she was planning to dump you anyway. Was she trying to seriously break your heart or something? What did you seriously do to deserve that??? O_o. I am so sorry.

She's from Thailand.

What makes it even worse is she had visited me in Australia 6 weeks earlier and spent time with my family over Christmas.

The relationship was complex and very hard to understand for sure. Which is probably why she is now sending me messages asking me how I am doing after a good 6 months hard no contact.

It was just a perfect storm the way it went down. I arrived on Valentine's day and I think this other guy had just started to flirt with her (according to her story). I guess she just panicked and just turned into a nightmare. I'll never know the truth but, maybe she'd been going behind my back for longer than she claims. So many things did not add up, there was no closure provided really.

Edited by marky00

On and off for about 2 to 3 years. About a 10 on the scale. Worst experience of my life.

We were engaged-she cheated on me with someone we work with so I broke up with her but the pain lingered because I had to see the both of them and it was a constant reminder.

Then she kept finding excuses to contact me. Told her to leave me alone. Final straw was when she dumped basically things that weren't mine all over my front yard. Had to call the police. So embarrassing.