LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Your last relationship: How long did it last? Scale of 1-10 how badly did it end?

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2017, 11:41 PM   #46
Established Member

11/10. Regardless, can't believe how cold my ex is being. Put me on NC/doorslamed me. And ok, maybe he is seeing another girl, whatevs, but not even a "hi". No "I forgive you" Not even a "stop contacting me". Just reading all my messages with glee and loving he has no intention to respond. My apologies mean nothing to him. If he knew it was true, would he even care? I don't know why he took me off block just to ignore me but it seems like a cruel game

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 14th May 2017 at 11:44 PM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 11:51 PM   #47
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
11/10. Regardless, can't believe how cold my ex is being. Put me on NC/doorslamed me. And ok, maybe he is seeing another girl, whatevs, but not even a "hi". No "I forgive you" Not even a "stop contacting me". Just reading all my messages with glee and loving he has no intention to respond. My apologies mean nothing to him. If he knew it was true, would he even care? I don't know why he took me off block just to ignore me but it seems like a cruel game
No idea why you even give him the satisfaction.....DON'T DO IT
curiouslysearching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 12:01 AM   #48
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouslysearching View Post
No idea why you even give him the satisfaction.....DON'T DO IT
I know you're right, CS. Ty. So just stop messaging. Thats it.
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 12:05 AM   #49
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
I know you're right, CS. Ty. So just stop messaging. Thats it.
Exactly, just let it go....you have to know and believe that there is something much better awaiting you. You deserve to be treated great
curiouslysearching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 12:39 AM   #50
Established Member

Lasted like 7 months? Breakup was about a 7/10. She seemed to lack any empathy, and I called her a whore on Twitter.
Altair0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 1:21 AM   #51

I will chime in although not technically a break up, I suppose.
10/10. 6 years together, engaged for 2. I lost her in a car accident while I was deployed in hell. Year one was a blur. Year two a little focus returned. Year three I dated a little. It's year four and I am with the woman that I will more than likely marry. I guess break ups come in many forms...I would advise against one like mine if at all possible.
Titanll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 1:23 AM   #52
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanll View Post
10/10. 6 years together, engaged for 2. I lost her in a car accident while I was deployed in hell. Year one was a blur. Year two a little focus returned. Year three I dated a little. It's year four and I am with the woman that I will more than likely marry. I guess break ups come in many forms...I would advise against one like mine if at all possible.
I'm so sorry...
Altair0770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 4:50 AM   #53
Established Member

Quote:
I'm so sorry as well. This is so sad to read.
Old 15th May 2017, 8:10 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZayKayWill View Post
1 being not that bad if bad at all and 10 being the worst break up imaginable. Last relationship lasted about a good 9 months (5 months officially). Ended pretty badly. Would say maybe 6.5/10 bad. Nothing too horrible but still far from a happy ending...

Mine lasted for 5 years, 3 months, 4 days.
The break-up was one of the worst I have ever experienced.... still reeling from the pain of her cruelty.

Break-up Rating: 11/10
LonelyJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 2:18 PM   #55
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyJedi View Post
Mine lasted for 5 years, 3 months, 4 days.
The break-up was one of the worst I have ever experienced.... still reeling from the pain of her cruelty.

Break-up Rating: 11/10

What happened?
ZayKayWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 4:41 PM   #56
BG1
Established Member

2.5 years together.
We loved each other very deeply, or at least I did, with my words and actions.

We lived together for over a year in a tiny flat. Travelled to many countries. I was her first for many things. She said more than once that she wanted to marry me. I was there when she was depressed and crying daily for weeks. We had some time of LDR. Definitely, the most important love relationship I had in my entire life.

She broke it off, but how she dealt with the previous 2 months in the distance... She neglected me, betrayed me and abandoned me. I was always there for her and when I really needed her she just didn't even try or wait to meet face to face.

Break up rating 9/10.

"In the end, itīs how you overcome its obstacles that will define your love. It may not be practical, but love is ultimately the best thing that will ever happen to you".
jorgeg3d likes this.

Last edited by BG1; 15th May 2017 at 4:45 PM..
BG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 8:03 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZayKayWill View Post
What happened?
Take a read:
Here is my STORY - would love your opinion & thoughts on it:
CLICK HERE!
LonelyJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 8:25 AM   #58
Established Member

Over a 2 year relationship, 6 month post breakup. about an 8/10 on the breakup. I let her leave with dignity and never begged though I let it be known I didnt agree with it.

But its been a 10 on the aftermath. Worse breakup thus far, and worse part is to this day I still don't get why she left. I treated her like gold. And I've had trouble finding love again.
jorgeg3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 5:27 PM   #59
Established Member

Bump for more interesting stories.
ZayKayWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2017, 6:57 PM   #60
Established Member

Quote:
How devastating.

Thankfully, you've recovered and have found happiness.
anduina is offline   Reply With Quote