I miss my ex

So me and this awesome girl dated for two years and broke up last January. During our two year relationship we broke up two times each for about a month due to the fact that she cheated on me and I had trouble getting over that. She cheated on my when we were 16, we are 19 now, so obviously I know that that isn't really an issue anymore because we've both changed so much.

Last September we started talking again and things started getting serious and then I met a girl in my class who completely blew me away. I told my ex that I wanted to stop talking and stop getting more serious , and then about a month ago me and the girl I met in class and I started officially dating. It was cool when we were hanging out but since we started dating I've been bored and every time I hang with her I think more and more about how I miss my ex who was so outgoing and fun and we also had tons in common.

Today I broke up with my new girl due to the fact that if I'm thinking about missing my ex it must mean that I don't care too much about this new girl. I'm wondering if I should try to talk to my first ex of two years and tell her how I feel. I miss the fun times with her and how we could just talk for hours and never get bored of each other, but I'm worried that if she misses me too then I will have too much pressure on me , because if we broke up again, whcih we've already done 3 times in the past, then I would feel like a complete idiot and break her heart all over again. But then again, I miss her so much. What should I do???? Thanks guys

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs and move to BBU

I just think you should really think about why you broke up to begin with and was it all about the cheating. If she cheated, what was not right with the relationship that she cheated. Now, you two are still really young and young people are naturally going to want to explore and see what's out there. Aren't you about college age now? That's a good age to NOT be attached and just do some things and see how you yourself change. I mean something as simple as a trip out of town can sometimes change the way you think about everyone and everything, and this is the time to be doing those things. Meeting new unfamiliar people not just like you can really expand your way of thinking too.

Not sure this is the right time to give into loneliness. Not sure she'd be anything but mad that you leave and then date and then come back when that doesn't work out like she's your old standby. That's not flattering. Why not give it at least a couple of years and then reconnect. I can tell you're not ready to just be with her, and that's fine at your age. I doubt she wants that either. And truly, once you come back after someone cheats, they'll always know you will probably come back if they cheat again. I only am easy on her because she was just 16, but she's still very young and young people are impulsive and they also make friends and lovers very easily so crap happens.

Good luck whatever happens.