Breaking up For Good This time

Just want to get on here and vent and maybe read everyones feedback on the situation.

My girlfriend of 2 years has been really hard to get along with lately. For one, she is super easily offended by anything I say or do. We only get to see each other on weekends and every weekend she gets offended 3-4 times a day and then acts distant and cold towards me. I'm not a rude or obnoxious person and no one else gets offended by things I do.

Second, she is insanely jealous. This has been getting worse and worse. It started with whenever we would go out and another girl would be in the room she would start getting jealous and lashing out at me. It doesnt matter if the woman is old and not attractive. It doesn't matter if I dont talk or look at the woman. No matter what, if a woman is around she gets an attitude. Now it has progressed to if she even sees a woman on tv she loses it and gets an attitude. Yesterday we were watching anger management and there was an attractive blonde woman in one of the scenes. On the next commercial break she turned to me and said "How about I get naughty with another man". I told her to go f*** herself and went home.

I've told her we need some time apart and we talked a lot about how the way she is acting is no good. We have broken up maybe 5 times in the last 2 years over similar problems. Right now I am angry and am sure that I want to date someone else but I know in a few days I will feel less convinced. Have any of you had a similar problem where you break up and keep getting back together, even though you don't think the other person is really good for you? Should I have just sucked it up when she said that? I know she blurts stuff out that she doesn't mean ... I shouldn't have let myself get so mad. I was just feeling so down already because of her being mad at me all day.

Edited by Joseph z
Just want to get on here and vent and maybe read everyones feedback on the situation.

My girlfriend of 2 years has been really hard to get along with lately. For one, she is super easily offended by anything I say or do. We only get to see each other on weekends and every weekend she gets offended 3-4 times a day and then acts distant and cold towards me. I'm not a rude or obnoxious person and no one else gets offended by things I do.

Second, she is insanely jealous. This has been getting worse and worse. It started with whenever we would go out and another girl would be in the room she would start getting jealous and lashing out at me. It doesnt matter if the woman is old and not attractive. It doesn't matter if I dont talk or look at the woman. No matter what, if a woman is around she gets an attitude. Now it has progressed to if she even sees a woman on tv she loses it and gets an attitude. Yesterday we were watching anger management and there was an attractive blonde woman in one of the scenes. On the next commercial break she turned to me and said "How about I get naughty with another man". I told her to go f*** herself and went home.

I've told her we need some time apart and we talked a lot about how the way she is acting is no good. We have broken up maybe 5 times in the last 2 years over similar problems. Right now I am angry and am sure that I want to date someone else but I know in a few days I will feel less convinced. Have any of you had a similar problem where you break up and keep getting back together, even though you don't think the other person is really good for you? Should I have just sucked it up when she said that? I know she blurts stuff out that she doesn't mean ... I shouldn't have let myself get so mad. I was just feeling so down already because of her being mad at me all day.

Well kudos to you for putting up with that kind of behavior. A little jealousy is pretty normal in a relationship but not to the point where she is constantly offending you and saying that she sleeps with another person. That is unacceptable.

I can't say if the separation was a good idea or not, that's your decision. However, talking to her about her behavior is definitely the mature route. If she's a nice, and sweet girl and her jealousy is the problem, let her know. You have to let her know how her jealousy is making you feel. Try to shy away from arguing like pointing fingers but just saying how you don't feel appreciated when this and that happens. You can try to look online for how to communicate problems effectively.

Wishing you the best!

-WhatDEWWWWW

She's met somebody. She's trying to drive you away, to make it your fault. That's why she slipped in the reference to banging somebody else. She's softening you up for the final blow.

• Like 1
confusedgirlfriend11
Have any of you had a similar problem where you break up and keep getting back together, even though you don't think the other person is really good for you? QUOTE]

This for me!

I've only been with my partner for 10 months and we've broken up about three times. It never lasts long and the second time I genuinely thought that was it but after I calmed down I wanted to try again.

Your girlfriend has massive insecurity issues. And as much as you should support her as her boyfriend, you can not take these insecurities away. She needs some help!

Why do you keep going back to her? Do you love her unconditionally and you can't bare to be without her? Or do you simply don't want the hassle of being single and having to find someone else to date?

If you genuinely are not rude then I can understand how frustrated you feel. My partner makes jokes of everything and I get offended quite often. He will do things like call all certain people idiots or say I'm a rubbish cook after I've been cooking for hours. He says he is 'joking' but I always feel there is an element of truth in everything people say.

She is sabotaging the relationship . . . she wants to end it but can't so she wants you to do the "dirty work". Do it. All you are doing is treating each other like doormats.

Broken up 5 times in 2 years???? -- The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. She's not going to change.

Pumpingiron34
she's met somebody. She's trying to drive you away, to make it your fault. That's why she slipped in the reference to banging somebody else. She's softening you up for the final blow.

100 percent dead on accurate ding ding ding