Ex who ghosted me returns

Wow, who would have thought? Most people know my story but for those of you who don't, my narcissistic ex ghosted me on my birthday and I found out he was seeing me someone else. I was destroyed for six months after that and thanks god was able to get through it, part of it because of the people here.

Today he calls me after NINE months from a weird number. I get two miss calls so I call the number back and I didnt even recognise him in the beginning. He said things like I dreamt of you two days ago (bull**** of course) and I want to see you to talk to you. I refuse and he says he will call me after work. I didn't want to be rude so I told him look, my phone will switch off don't call me or text me again and I hang up immediately.

I legit had a panic attack for twenty minutes after that. Is it weird that when I spoke to him I missed him a little. How crazy does this psycho think he can call me after all this time and ill agree to see him. I bet the girl he left me for left him but hey, that isnt my issue anymore.

• Like 4

Wow that is pretty bold. Especially since he was seeing someone else. I say torture him and get revenge. :bunny:

Ps- he will ghost again so don't even think about getting back with him.

• Like 2

Welcome to the ghosting followed by contact many months later club.

It really knocks you for six.

It also goes to show that ghosting doesn't necessarily mean the dumper had zero feeling. Something I have been trying to explain to other posters here.

The other thing with being ghosted is you don't get into the begging/doormat stage since they ghosted you :) which can work in your favour later.

I think both our Exes are complete narcissists.

Edited by marky00
  • Like 4

It also goes to show that ghosting doesn't necessarily mean the dumper had zero feeling. Something I have been trying to explain to other posters here.

I totally agree.

• Author

Oh I know mine is and the fact that he thinks Ill go like ''yes of course I would love to see you'' shows what a narc he really is.

I will stay strong. He is the love of my life but no way Ill get back to him, even if shows up naked on my doorstep:lmao:

• Like 1
Oh I know mine is and the fact that he thinks Ill go like ''yes of course I would love to see you'' shows what a narc he really is.

I will stay strong. He is the love of my life but no way Ill get back to him, even if shows up naked on my doorstep:lmao:

Oh yeah,

Our stories very similar.

It's amazing after all the crap, they just act like it didn't happen (like flicking off a light switch).

These narcissists absolutely rely on their ego being fed. One day, when they get a medical condition or get injured or w/e, God help them. They won't know what hit them.

• Like 2
  • Author

Out of everyone here, I know you relate mrky.

Part of me wants to torture him, as in agree to meet him and then ditch him but it isnt even worth it.

Part of me wants to torture him, as in agree to meet him and then ditch him but it isnt even worth it.

I think that's too dangerous. NC is no more than self-preservation and sitting across him, considering you felt a hint of nostalgia after your telephone conversation, is suicidal. You can also interpret your firm no as a sweet revenge. You are winning a lot by ignoring him and losing way too much by acknowledging his approaches.

• Like 1
  • Author

I agree. Saying no to meeting him and asking him not to call or text again is more than enough for me to be proud of myself. He just called again from the weird number and I didnt answer.

Edited by Nadine123
  • Like 6

It feels great, you'll see. It happened to me very recently with an ex-g that treated me horribly and I lifted a big wall between us. She didn't accept it gladly.

The effects won't be the same. He's just out to get some attention. It won't hurt or torture him if you ditch him. He'll just move on to the next or look for another source.

• Like 1

When he calls again ask him to hang on for a minute and just put your phone down and leave him waiting.Do this every time and occasionally let out a laugh or say something which will give him the impression you are talking to someone else.He will soon realise that he is very low on your priority list and leave you alone.

• Like 4

They ALWAYS come back. Ghosters are some of the worst people. They can't be with you, but can't commit to actually leaving you; by being honest, telling you, ending it face to face. There's no closure, no fight, just poof. And then whenever they want they can weasel back in like nothing.

I've had a few of these guys come back. Actually one just texted me last night, after like... two years. Dude, why do you even still have my number??

• Like 3
  • Author

I can confirm that, they always do.

When I told my brother he said the exact same thing, ''why the hell does he hve your number still after nine months?''.

I didnt even recognize his voice when he called believe it or not.

• Author

Wow, who would have thought? Most people know my story but for those of you who don't, my narcissistic ex ghosted me on my birthday and I found out he was seeing me someone else. I was destroyed for six months after that and thanks god was able to get through it, part of it because of the people here.

Today he calls me after NINE months from a weird number. I get two miss calls so I call the number back and I didnt even recognise him in the beginning. He said things like I dreamt of you two days ago (bull**** of course) and I want to see you to talk to you. I refuse and he says he will call me after work. I didn't want to be rude so I told him look, my phone will switch off don't call me or text me again and I hang up immediately. He called again two hours later and i didnt answer.

I legit had a panic attack for twenty minutes after that. Is it weird that when I spoke to him I missed him a little. How crazy does this psycho think he can call me after all this time and ill agree to see him. I bet the girl he left me for left him but hey, that isnt my issue anymore.

Im not sure if you read my thread but I was NC for nine months. He called from an unknown number.

I did hun...I know. Keep at it. I have a similar experience with my ex. It sucks.

• Like 1