Penny for your late night thoughts

lostandfound18

lostandfound18

I think about him all the time, and even when I try not to, he always pops up. It feels like everything has fallen apart since we broke up, and we are still friends so we talk almost every day, which makes it worse but I want him in my life. He has been there for me since I was 13, and since we broke up..I'm just so confused. Late nights make me think of him more, memories surface and overpower me. Thoughts of how we used to be, surround me and leave me breathless. I try to move on, and go on dates.. and I have tried working on myself, nothing works. I still love him and he knows.

The only way to feel better is to step away and have no contact. If you truly want to feel better, he cant be in your life right now. You need to get your emotions balanced and centered. when that happens, you can consider revisiting his friendship. Remove yourself from the very situation that is causing you pain.

As the previous posters said, you need to cut contact until you have fully recovered. Otherwise, you'll be feeding the pain and will enter an endless vicious circle. I think you should let him know that you need to disappear for a while. If he cares about you, and per your story I'm sure he does, he'll understand.