A Difference Between Forgiveness and Being Friends?

I don't talk to her much. I have her on FB as well as two of her family members. But as of late, every Sunday night or sometimes Saturday night (if she is bored) she texted me. Like one Sunday at midnight she texts me Goodnight. I replied. Then she proceeded to ask how my day went. Okaaay? Fine.

But then last Sunday she texts me around midnight again asking if I am up. When I replied she said, Thank goodness because I need you!

Idk what the hell that meant.

So then she asks about my writing. I told her. She applauded me for writing more. She said, you're writing way more than when we were together, maybe that is good why we didn't stay together.

I didn't react to that. I wanted to correct her badly and say that isn't the reason. She's now trying to make herself look good for breaking up with me to help me out. When in reality she just wanted attention from other guys. Idk why she said that but I feel I need to not lend anymore ears to her.

Philosoraptor

To answer your thread title, forgiveness comes internally. It needn't necessarily be shared with the person you're forgiving... especially if they lack the ability to see they've wronged you.

Yes, you should step back from this person if contact with her is bringing you any sort of negative emotions.

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks for the reply man. It didn't affect me to a whole degree but I cringed when she texted that.