Could use some good words of wisdom today.

It's almost been a year since my fiance left me for a model 7 years younger than me. I haven't looked at either of their social media since April, and I finally feel like I stopped thinking about it as much.

yesterday i slipped and went on their social media where i saw posts from him about her claiming she is the love of his life.. then i see comments from his mom about how much she loves this new girl.. his mom and i were always close so it hurts even more.

how do you deal with knowing someone who once claimed you were the love of his life, got done on a knee for you, someone you were with 6 years all throughout his years of being broke and in college clearly loves someone more now. how do people just forget how they ever felt for you? makes me feel like it wasn't ever real.

Ilovepizzalady

really really hurts.

They are still in the honeymoon stage. If he couldn't commit to you and left you for someone else, he will run into the same problems again. It is hard to hear it but the worse the breakup was, the worse the wrong done to you, the harder to move on. It leaves a greater impact on your heart. That means that the worst things for you are the hardest to get over. Keep it up you will get there.

• Like 2
It's almost been a year since my fiance left me for a model 7 years younger than me. I haven't looked at either of their social media since April, and I finally feel like I stopped thinking about it as much.

yesterday i slipped and went on their social media where i saw posts from him about her claiming she is the love of his life.. then i see comments from his mom about how much she loves this new girl.. his mom and i were always close so it hurts even more.

how do you deal with knowing someone who once claimed you were the love of his life, got done on a knee for you, someone you were with 6 years all throughout his years of being broke and in college clearly loves someone more now. how do people just forget how they ever felt for you? makes me feel like it wasn't ever real.

Yeah, it's gonna hurt no matter what. I don't think it's fair to sell someone a vision of their future with you and sell it to someone else so easily.

What you should understand is how unfair this is to you and the eventually he will feel the pain as well. Simply because I don't think the new relationship is going to last. Do you have a child together?

Things are only real while they last. You won't get anywhere questioning something that seized to exist, so please don't torture yourself with these thoughts.

Besides, you don't know if he loves her more. You were once the love of his life, until he found another. Who knows if he won't fall out of love for her 6 more years later. Some people need the kick of fresh new feelings and will always look for it, once the old ones wear off.

Don't take the comment of his mom as a stab in the heart. That's her job to root for his son and be supportive of him and the girl he chose. That doesn't mean she likes her more than you either. She doesn't even know her that well yet - a year is not much.

Sorry for your pain. This stuff is hard especially during the holidays. Strict no contact means social media as well. OP as a rule of thumb, breaking no contact with an ex you think you're over is usually not a good idea. Sometimes not knowing is just better. So many memories tend flood back especially when they have met someone. Get back on NC. The best remedy is time, and NC will help facilitate the whole process

• Like 1