I don't know where to go from here .....

Whenever my brother or I leave our Facebook logged in, it gives the other automatic permission to go and update their status. Yesterday i updated my brothers status saying 'can anyone tell me where Lady Gaga gets her hair done. Really considering having mine done similar'. Within a min my ex had liked the status and commented 'best one yet (me)' then the chat function popped up ....

(Him) Can we be friends now? Have you gotten over your not being able to handle us/can't deal with us being friends?

(Me) I said it wasn't a good idea if we both still cared.

(H) The world is full of bad ideas

Then when I didn't reply I got ...

I've had 75 emails from Meg (a woman we met while away together) this week

She means well.

She tried relationship advice too!

I'm sure you ignored that

Yes. you know me too well ??? xxx

I'm not sure I did the right thing even in replying. I don't know why he has to mention that I know him too well. He's still blocked on my phone, social media etc. So that should be it, but do I reset my NC?

We split because of the distance. That's not going to change for years. I'm stuck, he wants to be friendly, I can't!

I'm confused about using someone else's SM account to talk to the ex... Maybe don't use your brother's account when you don't want your ex to talk to you? Only use the ones where you can definitely block him? I'm assuming you want to maintain NC as per your last line.

Whenever my brother or I leave our Facebook logged in, it gives the other automatic permission to go and update their status.

That does not make sense. Do you both share one account, or something? If so then the solution is pretty obvious.

• Author
That does not make sense. Do you both share one account, or something? If so then the solution is pretty obvious.

No, I was on his iPad. He left his Facebook logged in, so we mess about on each other's leaving daft status'. I didn't realise my brother was still friends with my ex on there.

No, I was on his iPad. He left his Facebook logged in, so we mess about on each other's leaving daft status'. I didn't realise my brother was still friends with my ex on there.

Then the solution is equally clear.

Either don't mess around with his FB, or accept that if you carry on then you may see communication between him and your ex.