Feeling so lonely

hey guys :( i think i going through this part of your life when you feel like no one cares about you.. you feel alone, so damn alone. i recently ended up my five years relationship with the man i supposed would be the love of my life, my partner.. he lied to me, he told me he loves me while he was having sex with a hooker he met around.. i was on a long distance relationship...after that i had an affair with a married man and that ended up bad as you can tell.. my two friends are happy and occupied with their newbies boyfriends( yes they got bfs at the same time) they don't have that much time to spend with me.. at least my family's there for me but they don't know what i feel. i feel bad:(

• Like 1

You're just not used to being single yet, but give it time. You know, there are GREAT things about being on your own, and you need to be on your own for at least a year or two to really find out who YOU are and what you would do without the influence of others. Go find things to do, go to movies, go to the zoo, whatever, but keep busy so you don't dwell and just BUILD a new life. Good luck. You'll be fine -- probably even better. Change is usually good.

• Like 2
  • Author

hey guys, i want your thoughts about my current situation..

I was in a long distance relationship with a nice guy i met on a online game.. we were dating for 5 years and 1 month. we didn't have the chance to close the distances but i was always visiting him (most of the time he paid for the plane ticket, cuz he couldnt travel).. even though we had our bad moments but we had our good ones too, just like a normal relationship, we skyped, chatted all the time, all the day, there wasn't one minute that i wasn't talking or chatting with him.. i loved him so much so deep that i wanted him to be my husband and the father of my kids, we even had our children's names picked, we planned a future.. together but then in the last months he began to act weird.. he didn't have time to skype anymore, when we're used to skype for 4 hrs straight, we skyped 1 or 1 and an half, and not that often.. he always had ''something to do'' either a party or whatever with his family and friends or deejaying at a party.. there was always something.. then he told me that he didn't want us to be apart, he wanted me to stay with him.. but u may ask.. why didn't i do it if he was the love of my life.. well.. he's illegal at USA.. he didn't have papers.. i can travel cuz i have my visa, but he doesn't.. nothing. i suffered the last 6 months of his indifferences.. later i gave up, i broke up with him, cuz i felt like our relationship wasn't the same anymore.

he started ''suffering'' because of it, he wanted me back but i didn't feel the same and i didn't want to get involved again so i refused.. the thing is that he met a tablet girl at a bar and he got involved with this ''woman'' , i also did with a man, didn't work out but, we went no contact while this happened cuz i told him to because he was being annoying trying to get me back. later we contacted us again and he told me what he did and i told him what i did with the people we met. he told me that he was separated with this girl because all she did reminded him of me.. and i was single too, we started to talk again, it seems like we were about to get back but i wasn't sure, he wanted but i wasn't sure...i really wanted but his illegal situation made thing twice because i felt like we weren't never close this damn distance. i wasn't sure of getting back..

One day i got ''this tablet girl'' facebook and OMG.. my heart broke in millions of pieces.. all her photos commented by him like '' my princess'' ''my beauty'' ''my love'' and those comments were recently!! i texted him back the worst things i thought and i blocked him from everywhere.. i haven't heard about him for abt a month now.. and even though of this. i miss him.. :(

When I miss something about my ex, I try to turn it around, and say, ok, what feeling do I want? I don't miss her or want her back, but I miss feeling connected and loved and wanted. I can then deal with my feelings, things that I want.

On a practical level, no contact is the way to go; read all about that on this site. It will get better!

• Like 2

A breakup from a long-term relationship is very painful, especially when you still are in love with the person. I am sorry that you still miss him, it is understandable because you were together for so long. I find sometimes that after a bad breakup one of the blessings can be all the extra time on your hands! Use the time to improve something in your own life and help regain your self-confidence. Maybe take up a new hobby or take some classes to learn a new skill. Exercise is always helpful as well; when I broke up with my long-term boy friend I took up running and became a marathoner. I hope you find some comfort and peace knowing that you are an awesome person and you will recover from this!