How to deal with your ex's rebound relationship

Advice for dealing with a rebound relationship.

Immediately after my girlfriend and I broke up she started this rebound relationship. They sleep over each other's houses every night. I know they hook up. Her friends tell me that they are not dating, she is just confused and still misses our good times but doesnt miss the bad.

This guy has liked her for a long time and they hooked up about a year and half before I met her.

I miss her so much and am a mess now. depression, anxiety over thinking of them together, the whole nine yards. Any chance she will break things off with him and come back or is she gone forever?????????? need advice on how to deal.

How do you deal? You move on, that's how.

Forget about the ex and the new/old guy.

Easier said than done, but you have to sweat it out and make an effort to break away. Sometimes you'll even bleed, but we've all bled and felt your pain, and it sucks. That's the way it goes.

Start getting over her right now. Whatever she decides is her business. Don't let it affect yours.

hgk6,

My ex took off with a rebound too. You know what.....there isn't much you can do. It's been 5.5 months for me and I have only had one or two interactions with my ex since our break up. They usually don't come back around to explain themselves, so you might as well get used to the idea. I know it sucks. But (don't take this the wrong way) we must remind ourselves that we don't own other people. When you are in a relationship with the person you can expect them to treat you a certain way---you can fight for that. But when you're out....what to do? Not much, but move on. It's a slow and paaaaainful process. Sooner or later you might actually be okay with the idea that your ex left you for somebody else because at least there was a reason. As I look back on my break up there were lots of reasons for us to break up, but it never occurred to me (at the time) to dump him.

But anyway, good luck. I don't know why so many people enter into these rebound relationships after a relationship ends. I just have never been able to do that. But my ex was like that. So you might also want to think back to what they told you about the end of their other relationships. There might be some clues there.