She keeps liking my social media after she left me **Updated***

I had been with this girl for 2 years and 1 month and we had an absolutely superb time most of the time. Fights to a bare minimum, superb physical chemistry, we both gave in 100% of ourselves. However, lately, I began pressing a bit on her to gain her freedom from her parents and not because I would gain anything from it, but because she has this idea that she can keep it nice and clean with everyone in her life and I think that's just bull****ing yourself all the way. We did not talk about this everyday, somewhat once in 2-3 weeks, whenever it came up and it's not like I was pressing and pressing the whole time. Anyways, to cut a long story short, after a fight about this specific topic one day, she said "she needs some space and she doesn;t know if she feels the same anymore about me and her". It was completely out of the blue from her side and hit me quite badly. I lost my appetite, kinda went into depression :( I chased her on and off for about 3 weeks, trying to change her mind, but it did not work out and the most consistent advice I got from my close buddies was to stop chasing her and let her do things the way she thinks it best. I realised it wasn't going anywhere by chasing her so it's been 3 weeks now that I have not contacted her in any kind of way.

And guess what? From the superloving girl she was in out relationship to the slowly getting cold girl after she asked for space, in about 2 weeks off me laying low and not contacting her in any kind of way, she starts liking my Instagram posts. I did not unfriend her on Facebook or unfollowed her on Instagram because our breakup was not a dramatic one or one with big fights and offending so I thought it would come off as very unfriendly to unfriend and unfollow her.

Now, do you guys/girls think it is OK for me to like some of her posts back? Or should I just lay low and not do any kind of thing until she decides to (if she does) to contact me personally? I am curious about this one.

Thanks in advance.

• Author
im a bit confused as in why you are allowing everything to be in her hands?

Well, there is not much else I can do, I guess. I cannot and do not want to force her to be in a relationship so I what I mean is that she can do whatever she thinks best and I am trying hard to go on with my life. If she doesn't contact, I am not contacting her again because what's the point ? I just wanna know if I should let her do all the liking she wants and if it's OK to like sometimes back, or does it show off as being still in touch and needy ?

• Like 1

snip

*Now, do you guys/girls think it is OK for me to like some of her posts back? Or **should I just lay low and not do any kind of thing until she decides to (if she does) to contact me personally? I am curious about this one.

Thanks in advance.

* No. It's a very bad idea, because it makes it harder for you to detach, let go and move on, which is what you need to do now.

** No. It's a very bad idea, because it makes it harder for you to detach, let go and move on, which is what you need to do now.

*No direct contact.

*No sending or receiving of messages.

*Block any means she might use to contact you.

*No replies to anything that gets through your blocks.

*No indirect contact through third parties.

*De-friend or delete her from all social media.

*No monitoring of her on social media.

*No 'little birds' feeding you news.

*Tell people that you don't want to know anything about what she is doing or saying.

Take care.

• Like 2

I did the worst thing by making my ex come and go out of my life whenever she wants.

what is this childish behaviour? liking your posts but doesnt want to be in a relationship with you. Im not being harsh but someone who wants to be in a relationship with you will be clear and direct, not to play games.

She is putting you on a leash by liking your stuff so she can stay on your mind. Block everything and dont contact her.

• Like 2

I understand your relationship is over, but can't you still be friends? It sounds like she wanted some space. Maybe she has decided that you are a good person, and she wants to still be friends. Are you thinking that liking some of her social media would send the wrong message? You just have to do what you think is best.

She's doing that on purpose. All the sudden she likes thing in your social media-it's not some innocent gesture it's calculated to keep you on the hook. Because as she planned now your THINKING about her and that's what she wanted.

And why would you want to be friends with an ex right after a break up??Maybe years down the road but not now.

Blackened Heart

Block her. This kind of thing will drive you nuts by over analyzing it and it never results like you imagine, I speak from personal experience.

• Author

My ex girlfriend dumped me just out of the blue about two months ago. I unfriended her on Facebook tonight and unfollowed on Instagram, she will most probably notice it, but should I just send a short message telling her this is not out of bitterness or anything, but just because it keeps poking on my open wound everytime I see her post sth either on Facebook or Instagram?

Remember, we had a good relationship, she decided to break it up. We have been on "friendly" terms even after the breakup, but it really hurts and messes with my mind to see her post everyday. Should I send a message explaining why I removed her or is it fine even like this?

My ex girlfriend dumped me just out of the blue about two months ago. I unfriended her on Facebook tonight and unfollowed on Instagram, she will most probably notice it, but should I just send a short message telling her this is not out of bitterness or anything, but just because it keeps poking on my open wound everytime I see her post sth either on Facebook or Instagram?

Remember, we had a good relationship, she decided to break it up. We have been on "friendly" terms even after the breakup, but it really hurts and messes with my mind to see her post everyday. Should I send a message explaining why I removed her or is it fine even like this?

No, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone. NO CONTACT is about preserving your resolve to move on from a relationship that isn't/doesn't work for you PERIOD.

• Author

I still want to get her back. Maybe after 6 months I will not want her even if she comes back, but I mean is this a good step towards getting her back? Will explaining why I removed her aid my chances or not? Or it doesn't really matter?

• Author

One more question: now that I unfriended her on Facebook and blocked her on Instagram, what do I do if I meet her unintentionally in the streets? We live in the same city so do I just ignore her or maybe just a cold "hi" and that;s it?

One more question: now that I unfriended her on Facebook and blocked her on Instagram, what do I do if I meet her unintentionally in the streets? We live in the same city so do I just ignore her or maybe just a cold "hi" and that;s it?

Deal with it if/when it happens.

Scarlett.O'hara

Contacting her to tell her why you have stopped following her on social media is a weak move. It will just come across as a desperate cry for attention.

It will be so obvious, she will see right through it.

If you accidentally run into her, smile and keep walking.

Leave her guessing.

• Like 1
  • Author
Contacting her to tell her why you have stopped following her on social media is a weak move. It will just come across as a desperate cry for attention.

It will be so obvious, she will see right through it.

If you accidentally run into her, smile and keep walking.

Leave her guessing.

Thank you for the advice. That is what I intend to do. :)

• Author

UPDATE: About a week has gone by since I removed her from Facebook and unfollowed her from Instagram and two things that could be worth saying have happened.

1) I got this girl come over at my place about a few days ago and exactly later on that night, after she left, my ex follows her on Instagram and sends her a friend request... ?

2) Two days ago she writes to a girl friend of mine and tells her sth without much meaning, asking her for a favor, then she doesn't answer back. She never wrote to this girl before.

Any thoughts?