Is it really my(25F) fault that my ex(28M) committed suicide??

reallovestory12

reallovestory12

Hi everyone, I am just wondering if it is really my fault that my ex boyfriend committed suicide. Well long and short, I tried hard to fix his ptsd because apparently I gave him the ptsd. I used him once without letting him know to make another guy jealous and get attention from that guy. I got refused by the guy again, and in the end made out with my ex. My ex found it really difficult to get over it, so we both tried. But later on he became quite obsessive with it and emotionally abused me. He was extremely unstable. We dated for five months and we broke up in the end because of his ptsd. Then after we broke up, I began to date that guy who I once used my ex to get attention from and had sex with him. But the problem is my ex found it out and committed suicide after four months because of the stress from that. Is it really my fault??

Not your fault but damn you seem to have serious validation issues.

Please get that fixed first, then you can feel guilty all you want.

• Like 1

Not even remotely your fault. Nobody can cause anyone to commit suicide..suicide is entirely the choice of the person committing it.

Please get into counseling ASAP.

Marco Valerio

You should know that, using people like if they were items for your own benefit, without considering their feelings or the damage of your intentional actions, it's quite of a ****ty person. Apart from that...whatever your conscience tells you...

• Like 2
Hi everyone, I am just wondering if it is really my fault that my ex boyfriend committed suicide. Well long and short, I tried hard to fix his ptsd because apparently I gave him the ptsd. I used him once without letting him know to make another guy jealous and get attention from that guy. I got refused by the guy again, and in the end made out with my ex. My ex found it really difficult to get over it, so we both tried. But later on he became quite obsessive with it and emotionally abused me. He was extremely unstable. We dated for five months and we broke up in the end because of his ptsd. Then after we broke up, I began to date that guy who I once used my ex to get attention from and had sex with him. But the problem is my ex found it out and committed suicide after four months because of the stress from that. Is it really my fault??

No.

Your ex had serious mental health problems. That is what caused him to commit suicide.

OK so you could have behaved better but to be blunt you have just done what many many others do every day. There is nothing special or unique about your behaviour. You have just been insecure and needy. Normal sane people would have just walked away from you and it wouldn't have bothered them.

Its not enough to "make" a person take their lives. They would have to have something else going on... such as mental illness which is what your post suggests.

To echo what others have said, get some counselling. Its not easy when a person takes their life and I very much doubt that you are the only one of his friends, family and acquaintances to feel this way...

He was extremely unstable.

That is the real reason why he committed suicide.

Plenty 25 yo men and women act like you did.

You became obsessed with one guy Plan A and used some other guy (Plan B) to make him jealous. Plan A rejects you, so you fall back on plan B, plan B doesn't work out, you break up, but you have a chance to be with Plan A again and you take it. Plan B is distraught yes, but you actually owed him nothing, as you had already broken up with him.

It is called dating around and trying to find the perfect match, it happens every day and people do not commit suicide over it.

Finding "love" is not all about sticking to one person through thick and thin forever and ever. It necessarily involves people getting hurt, and not getting what they want, and it can be hard and upsetting at times, but it is NOT something normal stable people commit suicide over. He obviously had his own issues.

Stop beating yourself up over this.