He did it again

Hello everyone

Sorry if my english isnt that great it isnt my first language but im going to try my best.

Ive been with guy for six months. I know many people may think that this isnt a long time but we spent alot of time together and to be honest, he treated me really well.

anyways he went on vacation about two months ago and came back a completely different person. never called, never wanted me to call, never wanted to meet up, and wasnt making any effort at all. I ended things because obviously he just didnt want to be with me.

he called me a week later saying he knew he did a mistake and wants me back so ofcourse I was cautious. Still didnt make an effort to come see me or call me. the dealbreaker was a day before I get here in Japan for vacation. this happened about a week ago and he called me a day before saying hes going to prove to me that he loves me, I never asked and he didnt show up even though he lives ten mins away.

I sent him a msg telling him he will never hear from me again, blocked him everywhere, and have been trying to get over him. Im writing this because im currently extremely hurt and crying my eyes out even though Im in Japan. Why would he do all of this, especially the airport thing? I dont think I will be over to get over this one.

thank you for reading

It sounds like this guy has another woman. Have you ever spent the night at his place? He may have went on vacation with another woman and that's why he's acting off/on with you now.

• Author

I honestly dont know. I just dont understand why he would keep on calling wanting us to go back when he didnt, and then he pulls this in the airport. The airport move is what destroyed me.

Oh that is such a horrible thing to do. There is one thing i go by. If a man wants you, he will put in the effort. If he doesn't call, text or, in this case, those things and he doesn't show up when you were supposed to be going away with him, you need to realise he isn't in any way worth it.

It does sound like he perhaps has someone else. You never really know, i would tell you to try to find out but it all honesty, he isn't worth it.

Are you in Japan for vacation then? I know it must be so, so difficult but, Nadine, i want you to do this..

I want you to go out and try to have fun, enjoy yourself, take photos and relax, whatever you want to do, don't let him ruin YOUR time..

You will find someone who deserves you. That man is a fool. The one thing that helps after a break up is to try to think of the positives in the situation. Don't think back to the good times you had. It really won't help. He did this to you. There is no going back. If he gets back in touch, you need to ignore him. No replies.

What.A.Jerk.

Horrible thing to go through but you are strong. In time, you'll heal. You won't feel like that now but i promise you, you will. Cry as much as you need to..just remember, you are worth so much more than this..

Best of luck

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author

To make the story short: I posted previously about how I met this guy, we dated for six months, and he treated me really well but all of a sudden he flipped. We break up and we don't speak at all but I'm really heartbroken.

Two weeks ago I was in Japan where he texted me saying he loves me, he regrets every mistake, and that he is going to fight for my forgiveness. Ive been here for five days and we spoke the day Im back. He said he would come see me the next day (4 days ago) and he hasnt texted or called until now.

I dont know what to do. Im seriously considering blocking him everywhere and just be done and focus on healing. I dont understand why he would reach out to me if he isnt willing to fix anything or even bother to come see me. (we live ten mins away by the way). I would also not text him because that would show that Im running after him and I should atleast have my pride left. He's fine, he was shooting live videos on facebook with this friends yesterday just incase anyone is wondering that he isnt okay.

please help me. should I just block him and move on with my life?

• Like 4

I vote YES DUMP HIM *DING DING*

But seriously, c'mon girl! He's a total crap in commitment. It's so obvious already. Don't waste your feelings for guys like these.

• Like 3
To make the story short: I posted previously about how I met this guy, we dated for six months, and he treated me really well but all of a sudden he flipped. We break up and we don't speak at all but I'm really heartbroken.

Two weeks ago I was in Japan where he texted me saying he loves me, he regrets every mistake, and that he is going to fight for my forgiveness. Ive been here for five days and we spoke the day Im back. He said he would come see me the next day (4 days ago) and he hasnt texted or called until now.

I dont know what to do. Im seriously considering blocking him everywhere and just be done and focus on healing. I dont understand why he would reach out to me if he isnt willing to fix anything or even bother to come see me. (we live ten mins away by the way). I would also not text him because that would show that Im running after him and I should atleast have my pride left. He's fine, he was shooting live videos on facebook with this friends yesterday just incase anyone is wondering that he isnt okay.

please help me. should I just block him and move on with my life?

Block him. Things have been maybe "dry" for him since he dumped you or he's seeing someone else who isn't quite doing it for him, so now he just reached out to see if "you're still there" and try to keep you on the back burner at least until he dumps that one or tries to keep you both on a string.

• Like 3
  • Author

Perfect, Im going to block him now. but wouldnt this show that I care or that he upset me? or the way he thinks should matter to be anymore?

• Author

Im going to do it right now. It's just that he has such an ego and I dont want him to feel like he won or something. I also wanted to write him a long text before I block him but then that would just make me seem pathetic.

• Like 3
Im going to do it right now. It's just that he has such an ego and I dont want him to feel like he won or something. I also wanted to write him a long text before I block him but then that would just make me seem pathetic.

Do NOT write that long text.

• Like 2
  • Author

I won't but what I dont understand is why he would text me wanting me and beginning to go back to him and even saying things like I have a big surprise for you and then act like this? Im going to block him but can someone make me understand.

I think he has someone else.

PegNosePete
I won't but what I dont understand is why he would text me wanting me and beginning to go back to him and even saying things like I have a big surprise for you and then act like this? Im going to block him but can someone make me understand.

Who knows and who cares? It's really irrelevant to you or your life at this point.

If his ego is that big, this isn't going to make him feel badly or anything. He doesn't care enough about you for that to happen. Just block him. The message is delivered. It's very unlikely that it will hurt him. Even if it did, so what? He'll have to deal wit it, like you did when he bailed on you the first time.

I dont want him to feel like he won or something -- Stay out of a guy's head/feelings in cases like these. It's about YOU and how you are feeling.

• Like 5
SoThatHappened

"Deleting" someone from your life shows power.

He'll be left wondering if he "won" or if you really don't care at all. He'll be the one confused, lacking power...

• Like 3

Also not nitpick but as I have learned, you let him do this again. Block him and hopefully you learn he should have been blocked to begin with. As I said not trying to be mean, I had to learn this myself.

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly

It sure sounds like it.

My theory: he's been dating someone else. Things went south there, so he got in touch with you to see if your door was still open. Then when the first girl came back around, he ghosted you.

Why do you care if he thinks he's "won"? Blocking him has zero to do with his ego, and everything to do with protecting your well-being. Stop basing your actions on how he might interpret them. Do what is best for you.

• Like 3
  • Author

Thank you so much for the advice you guy, it means alot to me.

I should have kept him blocked but the way he reached out made me seem like he is genuine. It's alright, I'm just going to focus on healing and staying busy as much as possible.

I personally believe that time heals everything. I might be confused or dont get why he did that but it doesnt really matter at this point.

• Like 1
  • Author

So I guess everyone was right. He was seeing someone else and got into contact with me when things went south.

for some reason this just hit me and it really hurts.

So I guess everyone was right. He was seeing someone else and got into contact with me when things went south.

for some reason this just hit me and it really hurts.

Yeah, that stinks but then so does he . . . shake it off. You spent 6 months dating him plus whatever time you've spent now wondering/analyzing/questioning. He isn't worth one more minute of your thought and emotion.

He's in a dry spell again. Leave him in his desert :)

• Author

He's not in a dry spell. He's seeing someone else and he clearly ignored me because things are okay with them again. I watch a video on fb before blocking him where he was speaking about how he was watching for someone special to show up.

anyways it's fine, I'm really hurt but I guess I'm just going to focus on me.

ExpatInItaly
He's not in a dry spell. He's seeing someone else and he clearly ignored me because things are okay with them again. I watch a video on fb before blocking him where he was speaking about how he was watching for someone special to show up.

anyways it's fine, I'm really hurt but I guess I'm just going to focus on me.

You're not missing much, OP.

What adult male posts poor-me videos like that on Facebook, anyway? He sounds like a teenage attention-seeker.

• Like 1