In a Happy Relationship But...

beautifulinside2

I saw pictures of my ex with his girlfriend that he left me for 2 1/2 years ago on Facebook and I became upset with him just like it happened yesterday. I'm happy in my current relationship, therefore I'm unsure of why I had this overwhelming sense of anger, sadness, and Jealousy. I sent him a text and told him thatI'm glad he is happy with his girlfriend and I wish him the best. He called me and said she is not my girlfriend we are just friends, then asked if I would like to go away with him for a weekend. I told him absolutely not, and asked him how his friend would feel if he went away with me he said she would care but has been told that he will not settle down. Basically nothing has changed and he's still the same scum bag, yet she looks so happy...Does anyone else still think of their ex even when they are currently in a good relationship?

ExpatInItaly

You're not over your ex if you're calling him up and sniffing out information like this.

Exes flicker through our minds from time to time. I'm sure that's true for anyone.

The problem here is you acted on it. I think you need to step back and ask yourself how your boyfriend would feel if he knew you contacted your ex under these circumstances.

• Like 6
  • Author
beautifulinside2

I didn't like it when my BF did it to me 6 months into our relationship. After thinking about it maybe we were both escaping relationships that we shouldn't have been in and we found comfort in each other. The love for them never went away yet we don't want them back either. I know my BF would be upset especially two years later, but I now have the closure I was searching for and I will not contact my ex again.

juniorrocha

I believe when someone was special for you in your life, it doesn't matter how much time passes, you'll always have some feelings for them. But that doesn't means you have to contact your ex whenever they appear with someone else. Just let him go.

And if you're happy and satisfied with your current relationship, keep improving it. If you're not, perhaps you should leave?

• Like 1
Does anyone else still think of their ex even when they are currently in a good relationship?

Nope - because my focus is on my current beau so my exes do not cross my mind.

They only cross my mind when I am unhappy or know that my current relationship is coming to an end.

Just saying.

Sunkissedpatio

I'm a little surprised you needed closure after that long of a time and well into a new relationship.

Yes I do think of my exs at times when in a new relationship even if totally happy, it is inevitable. It is not in a yearning sort of thinking it is in a "this feels familiar because I have experienced this before with_____" sort of way. Sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a negative way.

How could you not think about exs? If you loved them the memories will always live on.

I have never contacted an ex once I shut the door yet most of mine have contacted me at some point or another. I'm very disciplined that way, or I guess I just really don't care to re-open that interaction in any shape way or form. Been there done that, no looking back.

• Like 1
kristyxxbrickley24

I hope to god my ex will get back with the skeeze he cheated on me with. She was in a relationship as well. Hope to god they get together in the near future and watch them just ruin/cheat on eachother.

• Author
beautifulinside2
Nope - because my focus is on my current beau so my exes do not cross my mind.

They only cross my mind when I am unhappy or know that my current relationship is coming to an end.

Just saying.

It's not so much thinking my relationship is coming to an end but more of wondering where it's going. My BF shows he loves me everyday but he doesn't tell me so I wonder sometimes why we are together. I don't want my ex back under any circumstances but I also thought that the girl he cheated on me with would have been gone from his life by now. I know I shouldn't care and it's not my problem, but I hate what he did to me and he doesn't deserve to be happy. Somewhere deep inside I'm glad he offered to cheat on her with me because it confirmed that I made the right decision by leaving

I didn't like it when my BF did it to me 6 months into our relationship. After thinking about it maybe we were both escaping relationships that we shouldn't have been in and we found comfort in each other. The love for them never went away yet we don't want them back either. I know my BF would be upset especially two years later, but I now have the closure I was searching for and I will not contact my ex again.

U mean u had closure after seeing a photo of him and a new girl and then pretending to be happy for him, sending a text.

Why did you send the text?

You have conflicted feelings.

On one hand you have doubts about your current relationship. On the other hand you care who your ex is dating.

You are not fully invested in the current relationship. Its not fair to your current boyfriend. I suggest you talk to your boyfriend and see where this leads.